Private First-Class

Can we edit AI behavior?

Postby MirageMirror » Wed 27 Jan 2016 09:11

Is it possible? :?

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Can we edit AI behavior?

Postby Spectre_nz » Wed 27 Jan 2016 11:01

It is possible, but its difficult to squeeze much of an improvement out of it quickly.

There is the AIstrat module for each unit (which is probably shared by similar units) but I have no idea what the numbers govern, so its trial and error. Current settings in the A&S mod have made the AI erratic. Sometimes it performs very well, other times it seems to forget what units are good and how to recon.

There are the general points and income allowances, which tend to have an impact from how aggressive+spammy the AI gets (since the more units it has, the more it throws forwards, and as it gains ground, it continues with the 'throw units forward' behaviour.)

And there are a bunch of macros I don't understand, but they're there.

So yes, it can be done, some improvements can be had, but so far, its a mixed bag.

MirageMirror
Private First-Class

Postby MirageMirror » Wed 27 Jan 2016 15:30

Spectre_nz wrote:It is possible, but its difficult to squeeze much of an improvement out of it quickly.

There is the AIstrat module for each unit (which is probably shared by similar units) but I have no idea what the numbers govern, so its trial and error. Current settings in the A&S mod have made the AI erratic. Sometimes it performs very well, other times it seems to forget what units are good and how to recon.

There are the general points and income allowances, which tend to have an impact from how aggressive+spammy the AI gets (since the more units it has, the more it throws forwards, and as it gains ground, it continues with the 'throw units forward' behaviour.)

And there are a bunch of macros I don't understand, but they're there.

So yes, it can be done, some improvements can be had, but so far, its a mixed bag.

It looks very difficult…what a pity,I don't want to think about it. :D

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Wed 27 Jan 2016 20:10

If you're up for something easier, you can always edit the AI's buffs: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=45517

But other than that, Spectre got it right: it's an all-round bugger.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 28 Jan 2016 00:40

You know, I was going to make a thread about this. And I think I will, just for the dramatic effect.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”