Modding the AI to be... "dumber"?

Gobolino
Private First-Class

Modding the AI to be... "dumber"?

Postby Gobolino » Mon 22 Feb 2016 17:29

Hi!.
I'm trying for like a thousand time again to do the campaigns in RD. But, nothing works well for me as I'm a VERY slow paced player.
All the excellent gameplays and guides with total major victories in youtube, rely on the "fast pacing extra super fast clicking manouver advance shortcuts dependable" kind of game.
In comparison:
I click slow, I advance slow I do everything slow.
Yes, the speed setting helps but I'm still now knowing where everything is or, worst, in those "open" front maps, I need to give attention to 3 or 4 "mini-battles" and no matter how much I try, I lose A LOT of units because when I was focused in one part pf the map, the enemy advanced totally on the other side.
So, any way to make the enemy in general less accurate, less aggressive, less "rushing"?.
I'm trying to mod the gdconstanteoriginal file, but I can't find exactly "what" to change.
Any help?. =)

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Re: Modding the AI to be... "dumber"?

Postby Spectre_nz » Mon 22 Feb 2016 22:36

It rushes less if you give it fewer points. The AI gets both a starting amount bonus and an in game income bonus. Lower those, and it has less to push with. Not sure if the values that work for Skirmish AI also apply to the Campaign AI. That's all in ConstantOriginal.

There's also a 'difficulty setting' number in ConstantOriginal, although I have no idea what it actually controls. It does seem to alter how far forward the AI tries to default send its units, sometimes.

There are also parameters that govern the ratios it chooses for Air units to ground units and how far forward to send its units, but I can't remember which parameters those are. There's another user who don't post on the forums who knows these bits better than I, I'll see if I can get his input.

For the decks you give the AI; if you also give it less Recon, it tends to get more stupid in its behavior.

Overall, you're in luck. Most attempts I've seen made to improve the AI have mostly resulted in it getting stupider.
So, its a request that, for once, is well within the capabilities of modders.

Gobolino
Private First-Class

Postby Gobolino » Tue 23 Feb 2016 01:22

I opened it, but I can't find the value.
I mean, I do find the gdconstanteoriginal, but inside it, I can't seem to find what does what so I can change it. =/

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 23 Feb 2016 01:37

Under 'TtunableConstants', ID:97 is DefaultDifficulty. Try varying that number.

Some, but not all of the terms from 117 to 132 under TtunableConstants also change the way the AI chooses units. Particularly 128, 129, 130 and 132 with regard to its use of air-power.

Under Tmodernwarfaretunableconstants, ID:154 to 164 govern the income and starting bonus for AI. Lowering those reduces AI unit spam.

Gobolino
Private First-Class

Postby Gobolino » Tue 23 Feb 2016 08:55

Thanks... another thing, I've been for hours trying to find which helicopter is which record in the Tmouvementhelicopter thing...
Speed is in... something, same as all other values... how do you guys FIND something?.
I tried using the search function in everyplace there is one, but it gives me values that don't know where are they from. =/

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Tue 23 Feb 2016 17:01

Inside everything.ndfbin, go looking for ID:81. TUnitsAuSolDescriptor

Its the best place to start unit modding.

Once you're selected on ID:81, use the filter function, select 'Factory' and enter a value of 11 (helicopters)
Then add a second term to the filter 'Mothercountry' and enter the code for the country you want to view, hit apply. You should now be seeing just a filtered list of that countries helos.

The second item on each units descriptor is 'modules'. If you open that, you get a listing of all the units modules, and the unit handler is one of those.
Keep in mind that several helos share the same movement handler, so once you find a movement handler you want to change, go out to the modules at top level and search back to find what, if any, other units have that module before changing it.

The Mothercountry codes list is:
US = USA
UK = UK
ANZ = ANZAC
FR = France
DAN = Denmark
SWE = Sweden
NOR = Norway
ROK = South Korea
JAP = Japan
RFA = West Germany
RDA = East Germany
URSS = Soviets
POL = Poland
TCH = Czechs
NK = North Korea
CHI = China

The Factory numbers relate to:
3 = Logistics
6 = Infantry
13 = Support
9 = Tanks
10 = Recon
11 = Helo
8 = Vehicles
7 = Aircraft
12 = Naval

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 23 Feb 2016 17:07

Lemme' take care of this.

First off, you start off with describing your struggles with campaign. So by making the AI dumber, are you referring to Skirmish AI or Campaign AI? I believe that the values that Spectre is talking about is only for Skirmish AI, but I might be wrong.

DefaultDifficulty is the level of AI that is automatically placed when inserting an AI. Eugen's value is 2, which means that "Medium" is the ai level when you create an AI in your lobby.Also, the class number you are talking about Spectre are in gdconstantesoriginal.ndfbin and everything.ndfbin.

IIRC, vehicle speed is ingame value x 55, but it might be different for helicopters. Also, the altitude for helicopters is in the Postition module.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

Gobolino
Private First-Class

Postby Gobolino » Fri 26 Feb 2016 03:02

Thanks spectre!... where did you get those values?, is there a chart I missed? O.o

And W:AB, yes... I'm referring to the "battles" in the "Campaign" (Busan, which is supposed to be easy and
there are a lot of guides, but somehow I can't resist the continuous attacks. =/

PS: Ah, and I was a fan of "Airwolf" back in the 80s... so I was thinking of doing a cheating-super-OP helicopter. =P

Spectre_nz
Warrant Officer

Postby Spectre_nz » Fri 26 Feb 2016 03:57

There was a post with them in somewhere, but working with the TuniteAuSol entries you end up learning them.

Gobolino
Private First-Class

Postby Gobolino » Fri 26 Feb 2016 19:16

Ok, I'm going through a lot of more problems here...
Find the copter I want to change first:
Instance: 14094 in the Ausol.
now, clicked in the modules... and it says:

Map:Mouvementhandler 83 : 22016 (False).

So I went to the MouvementhandlerHelicopterDescriptor... and that's as far as I can go.
all the instances are over 33000 so I can't find what to edit. =/

Return to “Modding”