Sergeant Major

Re: CrazyRus29's Reskins

Postby General Mig » Tue 15 Nov 2016 14:30

oh yes ALB UI grate work :D

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Tue 15 Nov 2016 17:34

Hi CrazyRus29, I've been following up your work for a good time now and just realized few days ago that you made a menu reskin, and that it was actually a doable thing. I have an idea for a project in mind for a year now, tho, my first attempt at making a menu skin failed, well it crashed. (no my name don't come from here, but kinda fits now lol)
File is DDS, I tried both DTX1 & DTX5, but I'm still getting a crash. I guess there is some parameter I'm obviously missing.
Did the you had the same problem or do you have an idea on how to fix that ?
Thanks.

CrazyRus29
Master Sergeant

Postby CrazyRus29 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 00:10

CRASHER47 wrote:Hi CrazyRus29, I've been following up your work for a good time now and just realized few days ago that you made a menu reskin, and that it was actually a doable thing. I have an idea for a project in mind for a year now, tho, my first attempt at making a menu skin failed, well it crashed. (no my name don't come from here, but kinda fits now lol)
File is DDS, I tried both DTX1 & DTX5, but I'm still getting a crash. I guess there is some parameter I'm obviously missing.
Thanks.

The problem is DDS compression.
Use ABGR8888 (NOT ARGB! BUT ABGR!) instead of DXT1 or DXT5.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 16 Nov 2016 00:54

CRASHER47 wrote:Hi CrazyRus29, I've been following up your work for a good time now and just realized few days ago that you made a menu reskin, and that it was actually a doable thing. I have an idea for a project in mind for a year now, tho, my first attempt at making a menu skin failed, well it crashed. (no my name don't come from here, but kinda fits now lol)
Thanks.

Even though it's labeled "outdated" in the directory, this is really, really helpful for finding the compression attributes of a dds file.:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=46785#p617235
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 01:02

CrazyRus29 wrote:The problem is DDS compression.
Use ABGR8888 (NOT ARGB! BUT ABGR!) instead of DXT1 or DXT5.

Alright, didn't know at all there which one was the right one. Thank you for fast answer CrazyRus29. ;)

The W:AB Noob wrote:Even though it's labeled "outdated" in the directory, this is really, really helpful for finding the compression attributes of a dds file.:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=46785#p617235

Oh, gonna check that up in files next time I want to know these hidden infos, thanks Noob, gonna help. :)

CrazyRus29
Master Sergeant

Postby CrazyRus29 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 01:17

CRASHER47 wrote:Alright, didn't know at all there which one was the right one. Thank you for fast answer CrazyRus29. ;)

Don't forget to swap red and blue channels.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 01:20

CrazyRus29 wrote:
CRASHER47 wrote:Alright, didn't know at all there which one was the right one. Thank you for fast answer CrazyRus29. ;)

Don't forget to swap red and blue channels.

How can I do that :?: Or not really sure what It means, you mean that colors in wargame needs to be inverted or turned into blue ? i checked on your DDS files and colors were the same no ?.
#NoobieIntoGraphics

CrazyRus29
Master Sergeant

Postby CrazyRus29 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 01:45

CRASHER47 wrote:How can I do that :?: Or not really sure what It means, you mean that colors in wargame needs to be inverted or turned into blue ? i checked on your DDS files and colors were the same no ?.
#NoobieIntoGraphics

Okay. Let me explain how i swap channels. I'm using Adobe Photoshop, but feel free to use any other tool that can do this.

This is a background image of my Soviet Menu Mod. That's how it looks in RGB. That's how it should look in game. (Pic.1)

But, if you add original RGB pic, in game, it will look like this (Pic.2):

Because Eugen uses BGR color model instead of RGB, for some reason.
What should you do? You need to swap Red and Blue channels.
If you're using Photoshop, open Channels window...
...and simply copy Red channel to Blue, and Blue channel to Red.

And you will get the same image like you see on Pic.2. Looks weird, but when you replace it in game, it will look properly, just like on Pic.1.
Last edited by CrazyRus29 on Wed 16 Nov 2016 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Wed 16 Nov 2016 01:48

Oh thank you ! I used Photoshop aswell for my test. I'm going to try all this tomorrow, thanks for giving up some time on that quick tutorial I appreciate ! :D

Edit : Managed to do it, still testing few things but at least it works ! Thanks for your help. o/

CrazyRus29
Master Sergeant

Postby CrazyRus29 » Thu 17 Nov 2016 09:26

Warsaw Pact Firearms - RPG Pack & Asian Connection Pack Update (November 17nd, 2016):
ImageImage Warsaw Pact Firearms gets update with new icons for REDFOR nations. Despite the fact that China and NK aren't parts of Warsaw Pact, some of people were asking me to do this. Enjoy.
P.S. some icons are a bit blurry on preview. It's fine in game.
UPD: Fast bugfix - Type 81 icon

Return to “Modding”