[Updated] Making & Implementing Units Cards / Icons Tutorial

war5444
Corporal

Re: [Updated] Making & Implementing Icons Tutorial

Postby war5444 » Thu 29 Sep 2016 03:27

The problem was I worked the whole day before and then had guard duty at night, so I was making errors.

The fruits of my labor: http://imgur.com/gallery/RzrG3

Once you get the method down it is super easy to make new cards!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: [Updated] Making & Implementing Units Cards / Icons Tutorial

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 29 Sep 2016 04:18

war5444 wrote:The problem was I worked the whole day before and then had guard duty at night, so I was making errors.

Lookin' pretty good!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

war5444
Corporal

Postby war5444 » Thu 29 Sep 2016 11:25

The W:AB Noob wrote:
war5444 wrote:The problem was I worked the whole day before and then had guard duty at night, so I was making errors.

Lookin' pretty good!

Thanks man, http://imgur.com/gallery/LCIRy

I gotta stop hijacking this thread. Sorry OP. :(

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Thu 29 Sep 2016 12:18

war5444 wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:

Lookin' pretty good!

Thanks man, http://imgur.com/gallery/LCIRy

I gotta stop hijacking this thread. Sorry OP. :(

Np, have fun !

war5444
Corporal

Postby war5444 » Fri 30 Sep 2016 07:36

CRASHER47 wrote:
Np, have fun !

I need some help with the inf cards, I'm sending you a PM.

CRASHER47
Command Sergeant Major

Postby CRASHER47 » Sat 22 Oct 2016 14:11

[UPDATED 22 OCTOBER 2016], didn't changed the code or whatsoever, just removed the software to take screenshots, making F12 in steam is way easier and better. Although the code in the installer must have changed since updates of Israel, as new models and textures were added. Just replace the path corresponding to the new one :

> targetPath="Data\WARGAME\PC\510049053\510049986\ZZ_4.dat"

I will update the code after Finland & Yugoslavia DLC release, in the meantime you can still do it.

Solo91
Private

Postby Solo91 » Thu 31 May 2018 00:04

Hi, I know this topic is kind of dead, but I'm trying to install my own Unit Cards and I'm having some trouble (I have no experience with modding, code etc.). When I try to run the installer I get a message along the lines of "Couldn't copy unit_name_icon.dds".

I have two suspicions what might be wrong:
a) The "Cards" folder: I didn't find one in the Wargame directory, so I just created one and used. But that may very well be wrong.
b) The "commoninterface" direcotry: I saw that the directory changed with updates and I'm not sure, which one is the current one.

Of course the mistake might be somewhere else. The only thing where I'm fairly certain, that it is not the problem is the icons themselves. Size and format are according to the tutorial (which is really great btw., thanks a lot).

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Thu 31 May 2018 17:17

Solo91 wrote:Hi, I know this topic is kind of dead, but I'm trying to install my own Unit Cards and I'm having some trouble (I have no experience with modding, code etc.). When I try to run the installer I get a message along the lines of "Couldn't copy unit_name_icon.dds".

I have two suspicions what might be wrong:
a) The "Cards" folder: I didn't find one in the Wargame directory, so I just created one and used. But that may very well be wrong.
b) The "commoninterface" direcotry: I saw that the directory changed with updates and I'm not sure, which one is the current one.

Of course the mistake might be somewhere else. The only thing where I'm fairly certain, that it is not the problem is the icons themselves. Size and format are according to the tutorial (which is really great btw., thanks a lot).

Crasher47 Has given up on Modding, The Forums, and Wargame.

I'm not very well versed in unit carding but I don't remember an installer? Usually when I do it I have to extract a file and replace the files there and put that file back.. what exactly are you doing? step by step?
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

Solo91
Private

Postby Solo91 » Thu 31 May 2018 22:41

I'm not very well versed in unit carding but I don't remember an installer? Usually when I do it I have to extract a file and replace the files there and put that file back.. what exactly are you doing? step by step?

Alright, so I:

1. Search for the name of the unit, whose icon I want to replace via the modding suite
2. Create a picture in the right dimensions and saving it as "unitname_icon.dds"
3. Then I assemble all the custom icons that I want to use in one folder in the WG directory (it is a new folder, I called it "Cards" but simply because thats the name of the folder given in Step 5 of this tutorial)
4. Then open The Wargame Mod Installer config as instructed in step 5 and below <InstallCommands> I add the following code, once for each Icon I want to replace:

Code: Select all

<ReplaceImage       
      sourcePath="Cards\NewOne_icon.dds"                                                         
targetPath="Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000609\ZZ_4.dat"                                             
targetContentPath="pc\texture\pack\commoninterface.ppk|+pc\texture\assets\2d\interface\common\unitsicons\otan\OriginalUnitIcon.tgv"/>

5. Then I save the config file and run the installer. After creating the backup I receive the error message.

I hope this is detailed enough. Thanks a lot for offering your help.

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 2 Jun 2018 21:14

Solo91 wrote:

Alright, so I:

1. Search for the name of the unit, whose icon I want to replace via the modding suite
2. Create a picture in the right dimensions and saving it as "unitname_icon.dds"
3. Then I assemble all the custom icons that I want to use in one folder in the WG directory (it is a new folder, I called it "Cards" but simply because thats the name of the folder given in Step 5 of this tutorial)
4. Then open The Wargame Mod Installer config as instructed in step 5 and below <InstallCommands> I add the following code, once for each Icon I want to replace:

Code: Select all

<ReplaceImage       
      sourcePath="Cards\NewOne_icon.dds"                                                         
targetPath="Data\WARGAME\PC\430000587\430000609\ZZ_4.dat"                                             
targetContentPath="pc\texture\pack\commoninterface.ppk|+pc\texture\assets\2d\interface\common\unitsicons\otan\OriginalUnitIcon.tgv"/>

5. Then I save the config file and run the installer. After creating the backup I receive the error message.

I hope this is detailed enough. Thanks a lot for offering your help.

everything that's in that code looks right?
But I don't really know much about that I'll see if I can find someone who can help as I have no experience in this field.
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.