Wargame: Airland Dragon

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 10 Aug 2018 14:03

Sireyn wrote:- Base Tow should have less range than ITOW

BGM-71A should, BGM-71A-3 should not. From my research A-3 should at least be the one on all helicopter mounts and it appears to have been used in the ground role by Luxembourg (a nation without helicopters), who I presume will not have had the idea on their own and therefore it's probably been used in the ground role by other countries too. I'm afraid more work will be required to figure out who had A and who had A-3.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Thu 30 Aug 2018 18:14

I've uploaded a new version. I am currently compiling data for a larger air-to-air missile rebalance, but for now I have simply buffed all missiles to a minimum of 5 HE.

In addition to all previous discussions...
(All) Air to Air missiles now have a minimum of 5 HE
(All) Fixed ammo capacity on all Tornado's with twin BK-27 cannons
(All) Camera settings tweaked for better control when zoomed in close to the ground
(All) All AP weapons will now fire at 1575m regardless of whether they can cause damage
(USA) Converted F-4J Phantom into an F-4E Phantom (M161 Vulcan, 4x AIM-7F, 4x AIM-9L)
(USA) Removed F-16ES Block 60

Here is a compilation of changes mentioned in prior posts
Spoiler : :
(All) Armory filters fixed in many cases
(All) Ammunition loads between all infantry were standardized
(All) Centurion frontal armor reduced : Mk.5 to 7; Mk.7, Sh'ot Kal, and Austrailian 5/1 to 8; and ERA adds 2 armor.
(All) Leopard 1A5 armor standardized to match 1A3 and 1A4's
(All) Kub-M's renamed Kub-M1
(All) 105mm L7's and M68's were standardized to 9 r/m, with a couple exceptions
(All) QF-20 pdrs were standardized to 10 r/m
(All) M47 Dragon : Range to 1050, AP to 13, Accuracy to 45%
(All) M47 Dragon II : Range to 1050, AP to 16, Accuracy to 45%
(All) M47 Super Dragon : AP to 20, Accuracy to 50%
(US) Mountaineers changed to Light Riflemen (1985) and fixed their stealth : M16, M72A4 LAW, [CQC] M249 SAW (Minimi stat-clone)
(US) Riflemen loadout : M16, M47 Dragon, M60
(US) Riflemen '90 loadout : M16, M47 Dragon II+ (1575m range, 45% accuracy, 16 AP), M240
(US) US Airborne '90 given M249 SAW
(US) US Marine '90 given M60E3 instead of Minimi
(US) Cav Scouts '90 reequipped with M47 Super Dragon (now that the missile is usable)
(US) A-4M Skyhawk II model fixed. It now has 4x 4-tube rocket pods
(W. Germany) Corrected the availability of Panzergrenadiers and Jagers to conform with other nations
(Denmark) These wonderful suggestions
(Denmark) Centurion Mk5/2 gun stats reduced to STRV 102 levels due to lack of gun shroud
(Denmark) Centurion speeds corrected to the 35 km/h offroad standard
(Norway) Leopard 1A5NO had its applique armor removed and the 1A5NO2 was renamed 1A5NO (both have the same name)
(Israel) Sh'ot Kal gun stats reduced to STRV 102 levels due to lack of gun shroud

(USSR) Mig-31F removed
(USSR) Mig-29M loadout changed to 4x KAB-500L and 4x R-73A, stealth rating removed, and cannon ammunition reduced to 100
(USSR) Mig-29S ECM reduced to 30% and bombs changed to 4x RBK-500
(Finland) Mig-29 converted to a proper 9-12A with 4x R-60M and 2x R-27R
(E. Germany) Mig-29 converted to a proper 9-12A with 4x R-60M and 2x R-27R
(Yugoslavia) RSPVO Neva M1T converted into a Kub-M3
(Yugoslavia) RSPVO Neva M1 removed
(Czechoslovakia) Kub-M4 renamed Kub-M3
(Poland) NEWA-SC systems will be retained with tentative stats : 45% accuracy and 2625/5600 range
(Poland) Kub-M converted into a Kub-M3, as they had them in time for CAT C decks
(Poland) Mig-29 9-13S given R-27ER instead of R-27R or R-77
(North Korea) Mig-29 9-12B price corrected

FrangibleCover wrote:
Sireyn wrote:- Base Tow should have less range than ITOW

BGM-71A should, BGM-71A-3 should not. From my research A-3 should at least be the one on all helicopter mounts and it appears to have been used in the ground role by Luxembourg (a nation without helicopters), who I presume will not have had the idea on their own and therefore it's probably been used in the ground role by other countries too. I'm afraid more work will be required to figure out who had A and who had A-3.

Thanks

molnibalage wrote:It is strange you set all MIG-29s to AG role while in RL the only AG role which was assigned to MIG-29 is nuclear strike. At least in units in Hungary.

This is how Eugen had them set, which is a situation comparable to the F-16's.

molnibalage wrote:
- Whether Mig-31B should be added

I do not recommend. MiG-31 is a PVO fighter. Period.

At this point I am even considering removing all LRAAM's from decks and increasing missile ranges to compensate (and be one step closer to reality)

TitoIsMyDrug
Private

Postby TitoIsMyDrug » Sun 14 Oct 2018 14:03

Hi, I love your mod, most units and factions now feel much more diverse. However, I've noticed some inconsistencies with the price/stats ratio of some REDFOR tanks. For example, T-72BU costs 5 pts more than T-80UM, but its advantages are 1 more front and back armor and better fuel economy. T-80UM on the other hand is much faster, has a superior ATGM and the gun is slightly better on the move. Feels more like they should be equally priced.

This issue is more pronounced on some low-mid tanks. Yugo T-55AH Igman costs 5 pts less than Polish T-55AM2 Merida, yet it has superior speed, armor, accuracy on the move, while only having slightly less static accuracy and worse fuel economy.

The M-91 Vihor line also needs readjustment IMO. Their cost/stats ratio makes high end Polish and Czechoslovak tanks redundand. It'd be fine if the Vihor line followed the flavor of the M-84 line: faster and more accurate than equivalent T-72 variants, but with worse armor.

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Mon 15 Oct 2018 14:28

TitoIsMyDrug wrote:Hi, I love your mod, most units and factions now feel much more diverse. However, I've noticed some inconsistencies with the price/stats ratio of some REDFOR tanks. For example, T-72BU costs 5 pts more than T-80UM, but its advantages are 1 more front and back armor and better fuel economy. T-80UM on the other hand is much faster, has a superior ATGM and the gun is slightly better on the move. Feels more like they should be equally priced.

There is a qualitative difference in survivability between 21 and 22 armor when engaging high end tanks, which I believe justifies the 5 point increase despite the T-72BU's other disadvantages.

TitoIsMyDrug wrote:This issue is more pronounced on some low-mid tanks. Yugo T-55AH Igman costs 5 pts less than Polish T-55AM2 Merida, yet it has superior speed, armor, accuracy on the move, while only having slightly less static accuracy and worse fuel economy.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have increased the price of the Yugo T-55 to 60 to match the Polish one. Due to how the prices are compressed in this capability range, the extra armor point on the Yugo vehicle isn't worth 5 points.

TitoIsMyDrug wrote:The M-91 Vihor line also needs readjustment IMO. Their cost/stats ratio makes high end Polish and Czechoslovak tanks redundand. It'd be fine if the Vihor line followed the flavor of the M-84 line: faster and more accurate than equivalent T-72 variants, but with worse armor.

I believe the price to be fair for the Vihor series and there is little room for stat reinterpretation, or at least enough to distinguish them further from Czech tanks. There may be a way to merge the two M-91's into a single vehicle. Perhaps by giving the ERA to the base M-91 while retaining its 20 AP ammo or by removing the ERA from the later vehicle?

I do appreciate your comments; if you notice any other pricing discrepancies I'll gladly look into them.

TitoIsMyDrug
Private

Postby TitoIsMyDrug » Mon 15 Oct 2018 22:58

Thank you for your reply! Hm, you have a point about the T-72BU pricing.

Glad to hear you've adjusted the price of the T-55AH. Now that I've looked into it a bit more, the Finnish T-55M Matti could get a 5 pt price increase as well, since its stats are identical to the Merida except it has 1 more AP. Also, I've noticed that T-72S has 1 less side armor than T-72B, despite having side ERA. Was that intentional on your part, because T-72S has more AP?

As for your Vihor suggestion, the base variant plus ERA sounds like a good idea. Maybe it could have the same armor values like the Twardy and keep the gun and mobility stats of the base Vihor?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Tue 16 Oct 2018 06:52

TitoIsMyDrug wrote:Thank you for your reply! Hm, you have a point about the T-72BU pricing.

Glad to hear you've adjusted the price of the T-55AH. Now that I've looked into it a bit more, the Finnish T-55M Matti could get a 5 pt price increase as well, since its stats are identical to the Merida except it has 1 more AP. Also, I've noticed that T-72S has 1 less side armor than T-72B, despite having side ERA. Was that intentional on your part, because T-72S has more AP?

As for your Vihor suggestion, the base variant plus ERA sounds like a good idea. Maybe it could have the same armor values like the Twardy and keep the gun and mobility stats of the base Vihor?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

(All) T-72S side armor fixed
(All) I've looked over every T-55 and corrected several inconsistencies. Their availability has been standardized and slightly adjusted to compete with other vehicles in their capability range.

(Yugoslavia) The M-91 and M-91A Vihors were merged.
The new vehicle will be called the M-91 Vihor with 75km/h mobility, 20 AP, and 22 armor. The ERA is supposed to be somewhere between Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 effectiveness, so I retained the 4 armor increase. (K1 is 3 and K5 is 5)

(Finland) T-72M1MOD removed
I've determined that it is a post Cold War development called the T-72MP. It was offered by the Czech Republic and Ukraine using some French equipment and ERA from the T-84.Source

(UK) The Tornado F.2 was replaced with an F-4M Phantom FGR.2 (M61A1, 4x AIM-9G, 4x Skyflash, 20% ECM).
The F.2 did not have a radar and only existed in very limited numbers. This will be using the ANZAC F-4 model, so I recommend installing COMThing's UK Phantom reskin

(ANZAC) The A-4K Skyhawk was converted to a SEAD role with 2x Shrikes
(ANZAC) F-4E Phantom removed
They were on loan between 1970 and 1973, which is too early for Wargame's timeframe, and their ground attack loadout was redundant.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 25 Oct 2018 13:34

A Discord server has now been created for Airland Dragon: https://discord.gg/efC6Jf

Return to “Modding”