Wargame: Airland Dragon

User avatar
Sireyn
First Sergeant
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat 5 Jan 2013 06:57
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Sireyn » Tue 11 Jun 2019 11:30

New version released. Here is a non-exhaustive list of changes.

(All) Nearly all issues in the Bug/Inconsistency Thread addressed (https://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58396)
(All) Sniper effects split from rockets; Snipers have a single shot sound effect and no tracer
(All) Command tank availability adjusted according to top armor : 0/0/4/3/0, 0/0/3/2/0, 0/0/2/0/1 (1-2, 3, 4 top armor)
(All) BM-21 and RM-70 all exclusively have HE and Smoke ammo
(All) BM-27 has only HE ammo
(All) A couple Scandinavian nations had their infantry excluded from naval deployment; this is fixed
(All) DM23 had its AP reduced from 23 to 22; affected vehicles include high end Leopard 2s, Merkava IIID, and Type 90
(All) Base utility transport helicopters had their availability standardized to 2 cards (Mi-8T, CH-47, etc)
(All) Mi-24 transports had their availability reduced to one card
(All) Mig-21 and F-104 Starfighter standardized to 1000km/h speed and 500m turn radius

(USA) MH-6 recon transport availability fixed to 0/0/0/4/3
(USA) M113 ACAV was accidentally omitted from the Cav Scout's transport list; this is fixed
(USA) US Airborne removed from Mechanized and Armored decks
(USA) Light Riflemen given M35 truck transports
(USA) M35 truck removed from armored and mechanized decks
(UK) Ghurkas price reduced to 25 points
(Sweden) J 35F Draken rearmed with two Rb 24J and twelve 135mm rockets; Renamed J 35F2 Draken
(Sweden) J 35J Draken rearmed with two Rb 27 and four Rb 24J
(Israel) Lavi intro date changed to 1992
(Israel) Added HE shells for HVMS
(Israel) AMX-13 Nimda availability fixed to 0/12/8/0/0
(Israel) Machbet sound effect fixed; it had a machine gun sound when the camera was far away
(Japan) Syoujyu-Buntai '90 given PzF 3
(Japan) Syoujyu-Buntai given the same transport options as the '90 version
(Japan) F-15J rearmed with AIM-9L instead of AIM-9M
(South Korea) UDT/SEAL team rearmed with K1 assault rifle, K3 LMG, and date set to 1991
(South Korea) Teukjeonsa had their Minimi replaced with M60 "Shorty"
(Norway) CMD M48 replaced with a CMD Leopard 1NO


(USSR) BTR-60PB and BTR-70 added to Motostrelki '90
(USSR) BM-30 date set to 1996 so it can retain cluster munitions
(USSR) Gornostrelki were rerolled into PZRK Metys; These are fire support teams attached to BTR regiments carrying Metys and PKM
(USSR) Sapery '85 were converted into a '90 unit and given RPO-A with thermobaric and smoke rounds; range is 700m
(USSR) MANPAD and ATGM teams given access to BMP-1/2 transports
(USSR) KA-50 intro date changed to 1995
(East Germany) Mig-23BN bomb load reduced to 4 and position corrected
(East Germany) BM-24 removed
(East Germany) Fla-Kom OSA removed
(East Germany) Fla-SFL 2S6, TOR, BM-27, SFL-Hb 2S19, and T-90S dates adjusted to post 1991
(East Germany) MANPAD and ATGM teams given access to BMP-1/2 transports
(Poland) BM-24 removed
(Poland) Su-7B removed; they apparently did not operate it and the loadout is obsoleted by the Su-7BM
(Finland) J 35S given its twin Aden cannons and replaced Rb 27's with six 500kg napalm bombs; Renamed J 35XS
(Finland) J 35F removed
(Finland) J 35FS rearmed with two AIM-9P-3 and twelve 135mm rockets
(Finland) Charioteer frontal armor reduced to 3 instead of 5
(Finland) 55 S 55 Raika AP reduced to 15 and accuracy to 35%
(Finland) Rannikkojaakari rearmed with 66 KES 75
(Finland) Panssarijaakari and Rannikkojaakari price reduced by 5 points
(China) HQ-61A had its missile models fixed; they now appear as AIM-7s
(China) J-8C intro date changed to 1993
(China) WZ-551 intro date changed to 1995

Mandolin
Warrant Officer
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat 12 Oct 2013 23:13
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Mandolin » Fri 13 Sep 2019 18:34

Hi, OP posted recently enough that I feel mostly safe posting.


I would strongly suggest an infantry re-name/re-role.
Light Rifleman in reality are just Rifleman without a weapons squad.

Rifleman have a weapons squad with M47 and M60 teams.

Mechanized Rifleman have M47s at squad level and no weapons squad.


As such, I would suggest renaming "Light Rifleman" to "Rifleman". "Rifleman" become "Mech Rifles" and are exclusive users of the M2 series.


I've been working on a historically/doctrinally accurate US deck for a while (though, truth be told, I don't even own Red Dragon and barely played ALB. I just like the concept and followed the forums)

Based on my research, an accurate 90s Mech infantry squad would have M249 as the primary weapon of the squad (nine-man squad has three of them!), with ATGM of choice (squad has two ATGM gunners!) and M203, M72, or M16 DMR as third weapon. (The 1993 FM7 7-7J didn't have a rifleman-sniper as part of the squad, but the optic was still there)

Basic M47 is 13 inches/330mm of penetration, Dragon II is 24 inches/610mm and 2km range per USMC.

Here is my attempt and here is my Archive.org page with (among other things) the 1986 and 1993 versions of FM 7-7J.


Also, the Starstreak/HVMS shouldn't be split into AP and HE weapons, they're all the same round.



Hope this helps

User avatar
Sireyn
First Sergeant
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat 5 Jan 2013 06:57
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Sireyn » Fri 13 Sep 2019 20:57

Mandolin wrote:
Spoiler : :
Hi, OP posted recently enough that I feel mostly safe posting.


I would strongly suggest an infantry re-name/re-role.
Light Rifleman in reality are just Rifleman without a weapons squad.

Rifleman have a weapons squad with M47 and M60 teams.

Mechanized Rifleman have M47s at squad level and no weapons squad.


As such, I would suggest renaming "Light Rifleman" to "Rifleman". "Rifleman" become "Mech Rifles" and are exclusive users of the M2 series.


I've been working on a historically/doctrinally accurate US deck for a while (though, truth be told, I don't even own Red Dragon and barely played ALB. I just like the concept and followed the forums)

Based on my research, an accurate 90s Mech infantry squad would have M249 as the primary weapon of the squad (nine-man squad has three of them!), with ATGM of choice (squad has two ATGM gunners!) and M203, M72, or M16 DMR as third weapon. (The 1993 FM7 7-7J didn't have a rifleman-sniper as part of the squad, but the optic was still there)

Basic M47 is 13 inches/330mm of penetration, Dragon II is 24 inches/610mm and 2km range per USMC.

Here is my attempt and here is my Archive.org page with (among other things) the 1986 and 1993 versions of FM 7-7J.


Also, the Starstreak/HVMS shouldn't be split into AP and HE weapons, they're all the same round.



Hope this helps


Thank you for the suggestions and your source documents. I am still actively working on this mod, but I haven't updated lately because of some very large changes being implemented. (Cluster weapons damage infantry, artillery shot dispersion, anti-aircraft guns fire in bursts instead of continuous, and many other authenticity details.)

US light riflemen more or less represents 10th Mountain, as they were reactivated in 1985. I gave them LAW and M249 mostly for flavor. To represent M47 Dragon in Airborne/Light and Marine units, I added a shock M47 Dragon and M47 Dragon II fire support team.

Riflemen are renamed Mech. Riflemen with the '75 version carrying base M47 Dragon and M60. The '90 version will carry AT4 and have access to M113s carrying M47 Dragon (representing that these teams did not dismount). I chose the M240 a long time ago because it was carried by mechanized units and I had a small personal bias (I spent some time in the National Guard in a mechanized unit and greatly favor the M240). I will strongly consider swapping it for the M249 and giving Light Riflemen the M240.

Cav Scouts and Mech. Riflemen will be the only users of the M2/M3 Bradley. For reference, Stinger teams in Bradleys wasn't approved as a concept until November 1991 and implementation didn't begin until April 1992. Bradley was capable of fielding an ATAS pod as a stopgap by that December, so I opted to add a Bradley Linebacker instead of deal with complicated transport options.

Penetration values on the Dragon are highly debatable. The values officially put out by the US Military seem extremely underwhelming, embarrassing even. Dragon II's penetration is directly correlated to whatever estimate is chosen for the base Dragon. Sources vary between 330-500mm RHa, so I chose a a middle ground that matches the base Metis missile, giving Dragon and Dragon II 15 AP and 24 AP respectively. These favorable values are largely for game balance. Notable is the fact that RHa can be somewhat meaningless when comparing against composite armor, fuzing angles, post penetration, etc.

The split Starstreak weapons are for gameplay functionality. It allows a player to decide to use the vehicle exclusively for ground or air engagements by turning off one of them. Both weapons feed from the same ammo stock.

Thanks again for contributing!

Mandolin
Warrant Officer
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat 12 Oct 2013 23:13
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Mandolin » Sat 14 Sep 2019 04:06

Sireyn wrote:
Mandolin wrote:
Spoiler : :
Hi, OP posted recently enough that I feel mostly safe posting.


I would strongly suggest an infantry re-name/re-role.
Light Rifleman in reality are just Rifleman without a weapons squad.

Rifleman have a weapons squad with M47 and M60 teams.

Mechanized Rifleman have M47s at squad level and no weapons squad.


As such, I would suggest renaming "Light Rifleman" to "Rifleman". "Rifleman" become "Mech Rifles" and are exclusive users of the M2 series.


I've been working on a historically/doctrinally accurate US deck for a while (though, truth be told, I don't even own Red Dragon and barely played ALB. I just like the concept and followed the forums)

Based on my research, an accurate 90s Mech infantry squad would have M249 as the primary weapon of the squad (nine-man squad has three of them!), with ATGM of choice (squad has two ATGM gunners!) and M203, M72, or M16 DMR as third weapon. (The 1993 FM7 7-7J didn't have a rifleman-sniper as part of the squad, but the optic was still there)

Basic M47 is 13 inches/330mm of penetration, Dragon II is 24 inches/610mm and 2km range per USMC.

Here is my attempt and here is my Archive.org page with (among other things) the 1986 and 1993 versions of FM 7-7J.


Also, the Starstreak/HVMS shouldn't be split into AP and HE weapons, they're all the same round.



Hope this helps


Spoiler : :
Thank you for the suggestions and your source documents. I am still actively working on this mod, but I haven't updated lately because of some very large changes being implemented. (Cluster weapons damage infantry, artillery shot dispersion, anti-aircraft guns fire in bursts instead of continuous, and many other authenticity details.)

US light riflemen more or less represents 10th Mountain, as they were reactivated in 1985. I gave them LAW and M249 mostly for flavor. To represent M47 Dragon in Airborne/Light and Marine units, I added a shock M47 Dragon and M47 Dragon II fire support team.

Riflemen are renamed Mech. Riflemen with the '75 version carrying base M47 Dragon and M60. The '90 version will carry AT4 and have access to M113s carrying M47 Dragon (representing that these teams did not dismount). I chose the M240 a long time ago because it was carried by mechanized units and I had a small personal bias (I spent some time in the National Guard in a mechanized unit and greatly favor the M240). I will strongly consider swapping it for the M249 and giving Light Riflemen the M240.

Cav Scouts and Mech. Riflemen will be the only users of the M2/M3 Bradley. For reference, Stinger teams in Bradleys wasn't approved as a concept until November 1991 and implementation didn't begin until April 1992. Bradley was capable of fielding an ATAS pod as a stopgap by that December, so I opted to add a Bradley Linebacker instead of deal with complicated transport options.

Penetration values on the Dragon are highly debatable. The values officially put out by the US Military seem extremely underwhelming, embarrassing even. Dragon II's penetration is directly correlated to whatever estimate is chosen for the base Dragon. Sources vary between 330-500mm RHa, so I chose a a middle ground that matches the base Metis missile, giving Dragon and Dragon II 15 AP and 24 AP respectively. These favorable values are largely for game balance. Notable is the fact that RHa can be somewhat meaningless when comparing against composite armor, fuzing angles, post penetration, etc.

The split Starstreak weapons are for gameplay functionality. It allows a player to decide to use the vehicle exclusively for ground or air engagements by turning off one of them. Both weapons feed from the same ammo stock.

Thanks again for contributing
!
I'm unsure exactly what 10th Mountain was supposed to be(and to be honest forget they existed), I was thinking Airborne as a 101st Airborne/75th Ranger expy for shock-level infantry and "Rangers" as a MG/RCL FIST team, M60/M67 in base and M240/M3 Gustav upgrade.

Light infantry had ATGMs at company level (FM 7-10). Airborne had the exact same composition as line infantry, so they're basically shock rifleman and maybe carbines and CQC MG


Shouldn't Rifleman 90 use the M249 as with IRL? M240 was only in weapons squad IIRC and in 2000s-era mech units.

I was thinking five-man weapons teams with M60/Dragon to represent platoon-level weapons squads.


Here's Jane's 1994-95 Air Defense for you.


Is it possible to split the US into two nations, Army and Marines, which can then form a coalition? Biggest issue I can see is that the Marines don't really have any infantry other than "Marines", because they don't believe in elite units.


I came up with two new recon unit ideas. "Combat Controller", a USAF team armed with a laser designater that "fires" whatever bit of ordinance you think is balanced. And "Military Police", essentially Rifleman but only five guys riding one of those V-100s the US never actually used whose job is to hang out and die loudly when Spetznaz comes by.


Yeah, Dragon seems to have been an embarrassment all around. I found an actual testof the Dragon from 1979, it is definitely 330mm. FM 3-06.11 also backs this up( Page 303 of the PDF), as does FM 90-10 (Page 103)

Every other value for Dragon pen is unsourced.

TOW pen is weird, its claimed at ~400mm in FM 3-06.11 but the Worldwide Equipment Guide, also put out the the military, says 600mm base.


Your Starstreak mod makes sense when you put it that way. If you're wondering, WorldWide Equipment Guide 2014 and later give it a 120mm of penetration


Oh, on the topic of cluster bombs, the US has the CBU-72/B. It has three FAE submunitions, each of which is equivalent to a Mk.82. And the whole thing is only 500lb! Check the OV-10 manual.


If you have any spare AH-1s, you could give an AH-1E/F model a bunch of M261 rockets, at which point the helicopter is now cluster MLRS.

User avatar
Sireyn
First Sergeant
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat 5 Jan 2013 06:57
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Sireyn » Sat 14 Sep 2019 09:46

Mandolin wrote:
Spoiler : :
I'm unsure exactly what 10th Mountain was supposed to be(and to be honest forget they existed), I was thinking Airborne as a 101st Airborne/75th Ranger expy for shock-level infantry and "Rangers" as a MG/RCL FIST team, M60/M67 in base and M240/M3 Gustav upgrade.

Light infantry had ATGMs at company level (FM 7-10). Airborne had the exact same composition as line infantry, so they're basically shock rifleman and maybe carbines and CQC MG


Shouldn't Rifleman 90 use the M249 as with IRL? M240 was only in weapons squad IIRC and in 2000s-era mech units.

I was thinking five-man weapons teams with M60/Dragon to represent platoon-level weapons squads.


Here's Jane's 1994-95 Air Defense for you.


Is it possible to split the US into two nations, Army and Marines, which can then form a coalition? Biggest issue I can see is that the Marines don't really have any infantry other than "Marines", because they don't believe in elite units.


I came up with two new recon unit ideas. "Combat Controller", a USAF team armed with a laser designater that "fires" whatever bit of ordinance you think is balanced. And "Military Police", essentially Rifleman but only five guys riding one of those V-100s the US never actually used whose job is to hang out and die loudly when Spetznaz comes by.


Yeah, Dragon seems to have been an embarrassment all around. I found an actual testof the Dragon from 1979, it is definitely 330mm. FM 3-06.11 also backs this up( Page 303 of the PDF), as does FM 90-10 (Page 103)

Every other value for Dragon pen is unsourced.

TOW pen is weird, its claimed at ~400mm in FM 3-06.11 but the Worldwide Equipment Guide, also put out the the military, says 600mm base.


Your Starstreak mod makes sense when you put it that way. If you're wondering, WorldWide Equipment Guide 2014 and later give it a 120mm of penetration


Oh, on the topic of cluster bombs, the US has the CBU-72/B. It has three FAE submunitions, each of which is equivalent to a Mk.82. And the whole thing is only 500lb! Check the OV-10 manual.


If you have any spare AH-1s, you could give an AH-1E/F model a bunch of M261 rockets, at which point the helicopter is now cluster MLRS.


My understanding of 10th Mountain is that they are just (uniquely) light infantry. They are flexible like airborne units and may be attached to other formations. US Airborne is the 101st because they have helicopters and airlifted vehicles. I never gave much attention to the Rangers, but only began to seriously reorganize the US lineup in the last 6 months or so. My desire is for the most authentic lineup possible, as it fits into the game's abstractions.

After reviewing, I will swap the M240 for the M249 on Mech '90s. It may be possible to merge grenade launchers into rifles of relevant units, then merge LAW and ATGM into the second slot. Also in question are unit squad sizes, which can be adjusted to the correct number of men while keeping hitpoints the same. This will take some experimentation.

5-man Dragon teams are implemented in the next version. I will consider giving them an LMG, making them an analogue to the Soviet PTRK Metis teams.

I have attempted to segregate the US Marine units from other decks, which obsoletes the need to create them as a distinct "nation". To implement your idea, I would need to create all new units for everything that it shares with other decks, like the FOB and supply trucks. Additionally, I have never attempted to create a new nation and am not sure it is possible.

Combat Controller, as in a Forward Air Controller, is a function already fulfilled by all other units. Mechanically, the game already assumes a spotted vehicle to be designated and requires coordination with on-map assets. If I were to create them, especially with the mechanics you describe, I would be obligated to create parallel units for other nations. In particular, the USSR placed an extremely high importance on FACs, as average soldiers were not trained or equipped to call for fire or coordinate with air assets (something barely improved even today).
Military police is an interesting option, but they don't really fit into the scale of Wargame. It assumes roughly regimental sized elements in a meeting engagement, even excluding towed and emplaced weapons. The closest similarity to MPs I've thought to include is to find a way to arm a FOB, or turn it into a command unit.

Those values for the Dragons puts them at about 13 AP and 18-19 AP.
The Super Dragon has a picture supposedly proving at least 900mm of penetration, but I don't know what kind of steel was used as the target. It uses the Dragon II's warhead with a tandem charge (possibly the nose probe from TOW-2A) and increased the standoff distance, so either it's propaganda or the earlier Dragons are underestimated. I can't imagine the small change in standoff distance making over 300mm RHa worth of difference. (though, there are tandem missiles where the tandem charge is as powerful as a light AT rocket)

I'll keep the CBU-72/B in mind, but the F-4 Phantom with 8 napalm bombs already fulfills this role. Should I ever decide to replace or rearm it, this option will be high on the list.

Cluster rockets on a helicopter is certainly an interesting idea, but currently HEAT weapons always do 1 damage to targets. After experimenting with something similar on aircraft, I concluded that the concept is grossly overpowered. I have thought to edit the damage tables so these weapons would become an option, but the workload is very high and wider implications unknown at the moment. I'll note the idea.

User avatar
Sireyn
First Sergeant
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat 5 Jan 2013 06:57
Contact:

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Sireyn » Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:51

New version released. Here is a non-exhaustive list of changes. The critical gameplay changes are at the top.

- Anti-aircraft guns now fire in realistic burst lengths with a short cooldown in between firings

- All radar anti-aircraft guns now have a non-radar version of their guns

- HEAT munitions (cluster bombs) now do a universal 1.5 damage to infantry if within the blast radius; (Damage vs vehicles unchanged)

- Artillery aim times and accuracy rescaled with consideration to ammunition and fire control systems: Aim times changed to 10, 15-25, 30, or 45 seconds for mortars, howitzers, heavy artillery, and MLRS, respectively; Dispersion is now affected by range


(All) Helicopter slots reduced by 1 for all decks
(All) SACLOS guided ATGM accuracy standardized to 55%
(All) 5-point truck transports removed from Mechanized and Armored decks
(All) All reserve infantry were given access to 5-point truck transports
(All) Availability standardized for bottom-end, non-radar AAA units to 2 cards of 0/16/12/0/0
(All) Availability standardized for low-end, non-radar AAA units to 2 cards of 0/12/8/0/0
(All) "Bad" reworded as "Minimal" within the interface to more easily distinguish it from "Poor"
(All) T-55 standardized to a base of 2 top armor
(All) ZSU-57-2 armor reduced to 1/1/1/0
(All) T-72 ammunition load standardized to 22 rounds
(All) T-64/T-80 ammunition load standardized to 28 rounds
(All) M47 Dragon AP increased to 14 and speed reduced by half
(All) M47 Dragon II AP increased to 20 and speed reduced by half
(All) M47 Super Dragon AP increased to 25
(All) LRAC 73 range corrected to 525m
(All) Fleyta range increased to 2625m
(All) MANPAD team's price universally reduced by 5 (except Igla, Igla-1, QW-1, and Grom)
(All) Several MANPADS HE increased to 4 (RBS 70 Mk2, RBS 90, Strela-2M/A, Igla, Igla-1, Igla-V, Grom, and QW-1)
(All) MANPADS with 3 HE increased to 3.5 HE
(All) Electro-optically guided HAWK's range adjusted to 3150m vs helicopters / 2625m vs planes
(All) I-HAWK PIP II range reduced to 2800m vs helicopters
(All) I-HAWK PIP III range reduced to 2975 vs helicopters
(All) Unarmored and unarmed (or barely armed) 5 hitpoint recon trucks standardized to 1 card of 0/16/12/0/0
(All) Redfor ATGM team's missile count reduced to 5 and number of men increased to 3
(All) Roland 1, 2, and 3 missile ranges matched to each other, but accuracy adjusted to 50, 55, and 65% respectively
(All) Roland vehicles each given a radar and non-radar missile variant
(All) M163 VADS/PIVADS variants had their top armor removed, RAD trait removed, helicopter range reduced by one step, and air optics reduced to good
(All) M110A2 howitzer range increased to 29km to account for rocket-assisted ammo
(All) TELAK 91, M107, and M110 front armor reduced to 1; all other armor removed
(All) All M270 MLRS standardized; armed with M26 cluster rockets; range corrected to 32km; and dispersion halved at max range
(All) 2A28 Grom (BMP-1) and T21 Tarasnice standardized to 1225m range and 35% accuracy; stabilizers removed

(All) British-Dutch Corps given access to marine decks
(USA) M1097 Avenger added to mechanized and armored decks
(USA) M6 Linebacker added; 1996
(USA) M1064A3 120mm mortar added
(USA) LAAD Redeye readded
(USA) Assault Engineers given humvee transports
(USA) LAV-M restricted to marine decks
(USA) M270 ATACMS intro date changed to 1991; AP reduced to 12
(USA) Riflemen and Riflemen '90 renamed to Mech. Riflemen and removed from motorized and airborne decks
(USA) Mech. Rifleman given a CQC M60
(USA) Mech. Rifleman '90 reequipped with AT4 and given M113 Dragon transports instead of basic M113s
(USA) M110 removed; (nearly identical to M110A2 and all were upgraded to A2 standard)
(USA) COMVAT removed; (not acceptable for service)
(USA) All V-150 variants removed; (removed from service after Vietnam, except for MP units)
(USA) M113 ACAV removed; (removed from service after Vietnam)
(USA) All US Dragon II+/Super Dragon replaced with Dragon II
(USA) Added M47 Dragon and Dragon II fire support teams for Motorized, Marine, and Airborne decks
(USA) Stinger teams given unique M151A1 MUTT transports and removed Bradley transports
(USA) AIM-54A HE reduced to 7 and speed matched with AMRAAM
(USA) F-14A+ exchanged its AIM-7Ps for AIM-54Cs; 8 HE, speed matched to AMRAAM
(USA) M163 CS given 1 AP APDS ammo and range adjusted to 1575/1575/1400
(France) AML 60/20 Serval renamed AML 60-7 and given NF-1 instead of 20mm cannon
(France) AML 60 replaced with AMX AuF1T; 1990, 28km range, improved accuracy, NF-1 instead of M2 Browning
(France) CEASAR removed; (early prototype unavailable until 1998 or pre-production until 2003)
(France) All AMX-30 autocannon stabilizers removed
(France) AMX-10P/Milan converted into a transport for ATGM infantry
(France) Added a Super Etendard with 2x BL-66 cluster bombs, 2x 250kg iron bombs, and 30% ECM; 1979
(France) Added VAB SANTAL with 6 Mistrals and radar optics; 1993
(France) VAB VDAA given its radar
(France) Tigre helicopter stealth reduced to medium
(UK) FV434 Falcon removed; (1 prototype produced and not servicable)
(UK) Tank ammunition adjusted according to the ammunition available in timeframe; 14/16/18/21 for 1965/1983/1985/1991
(South Korea) A-37B given 10% ECM, added GAU-2A/B, and replaced AIM-9s with two 340kg napalm bombs
(South Korea) K9 Thunder armor reduced by 1 on all sides : 2/2/1/1
(Sweden) Norrlandsjagare can now fire at infantry with its recoiless rifle; price increased by 5 points
(Sweden) VEAK 40 removed; (terminated before production due to expense and ineffectiveness)
(Japan) Hudou-Ren can now fire at infantry with its recoiless rifle; price increased by 5 points
(ANZAC) BAC Strikemaster gun corrected to twin FN MAGs
(Israel) Added M1064 with Soltam K6 120mm mortar
(Israel) HVMS adjusted to fire a 3-shot burst with 6 seconds between bursts; accuracy reduced to 50%; given 1575m anti-helo range; HE reduced to 1.5
(Israel) AMX-13 Nimda rearmed with the 60mm HVMS
(Israel) Sholef removed; (two prototypes made for export, then abandoned)
(Israel) Howitzer names appended with vehicle model
(Israel) Merkava IIIB and IIID front armor reduced by 1
(Demark) GMC M450 hitpoints increased to 10, matching the South Korean variant
(Demark) Otomatic intro date changed to 1992
(Norway) M8 Panserbil top armor removed


(USSR) IL-102 converted into an Su-24 Block 15 with 12x250kg bombs and 20% ECM
(USSR) Su-25T now fires two Vikhr missiles at a time; accuracy nerfed to 40%
(USSR) Mig-27 rocket load increased to 96: (two UB-16 and two UB-32 pods)
(USSR) 2S3 Akatsiya upgraded to 2S3M1 Akatsiya; 1987
(USSR) BM-27 and BM-30 restricted to support decks
(USSR) T-62 obr 1975 accuracy reduced to 35% and frontal armor reduced to 8
(USSR) BMP-3 gun range reduced to 2275m
(USSR) BTR-T removed; (out of timeframe)
(USSR) BTR-70 Zhalo removed; (terminated in prototype phase)
(USSR) BMPT removed; (prototype only, not ready for service)
(USSR) 2S15 Norov removed; (terminated during development after being deemed useless)
(USSR) PT-71, 85, and 90 removed (prototypes only, not ready for service)
(USSR) Added BMP-1P and BMP-2 recon transport for Razvedka
(USSR) Tunguska's 9M311 missile assigned as radar guided
(USSR) Kobra missile distinguished into 3 variants (18, 20, and 21 AP), accuracy standardized to 55%, and speed matched to Svir/Refleks
(URSS) Arkan missile removed; affected vehicles given a proper Bastion/Sheksna variant
(URSS) T-64A brought to 1975 standard (14 AP, 12 Armor)
(URSS) T-64B brought to 1976 standard with 18 AP Kobra missile; 14 AP, 14 Armor
(URSS) T-64BM replaced with T-64B1 in 1983 standard; 16 AP, 14 Armor
(USSR) T-64BV1 brought to 1985 standard; 18 AP, 17 Armor, +10% stabilizer
(USSR) T-64BV brought to 1985 standard; 20 AP Kobra missile and improved engine; renamed T-64BMV
(USSR) T-80B intro date brought to 1983 standard; 16 AP, 20 AP Kobra missile
(USSR) T-80BV rearmed with 21 AP Kobra missile
(USSR) T-80U intro date changed to 1995
(USSR) T-80U/UM armor increased to 22
(USSR) T-72BU renamed to T-90, AP reduced to 22
(USSR) T-72B obr 1989 and T-90 armor adjusted to 21
(USSR) T-72 Ural brought to 1978 standard; 13 AP, 12 Armor, renamed T-72 Ural-1
(USSR) Mi-24K, Spetsnaz GRU and VMF, BMP-1, BTR-60PB, Mig-31, and Mig-31B added to support decks
(East Germany) BMPs with ATGMs restricted to infantry without ATGMs, and vice versa
(East Germany) Tunguska's missile assigned as radar guided
(East Germany) Helicopter transports removed from all infantry except FJB-40, LSTR, Kampfschwimmer, and command infantry
(East Germany) Airborne decks removed
(East Germany) Added T-55A(K) command tank; no machine gun
(East Germany) T-72(K1) command tank converted to T-72M standard; machine gun removed
(East Germany) T-72 variants added to motorized decks (except T-90S)
(East Germany) Leichte Schutzen squad size reduced to 5, BMP transports removed, BTR-80A added
(East Germany) Mot. Schutzen given access to BTR-80A transports
(Poland) T-72 variants added to motorized decks (except PT-91 Twardy)
(Poland) T-72S removed; Not considered due to indigenous programs
(Poland) T-72M1 Wilk removed; (doesn't exist)
(Poland) Strzelcy Podhalanscy converted into a 5 man team, matching the PTRK Metis team from USSR
(Czechoslovakia) T-72 variants added to motorized decks (except Moderna)
(Czechoslovakia) Lehka Pechota can now fire at infantry with its T21 Tarasnice; price increased by 5 points
(Czechoslovakia) T-72S removed; Not considered for adoption
(Czechoslovakia) STROP 1 removed; (one prototype made and serviceable)
(Czechoslovakia) STROP 2 into date changed to 1996; Iglas exchanged for Igla-1s
(Yugoslavia) Nora-B ERFB intro date changed to 1992
(Yugoslavia) T-55 recon price corrected to 30 points
(Yugoslavia) BOV 3 intro date changed to 1985
(Yugoslavia) BOV 30 removed; (limited prototype and redundant)
(Yugoslavia) SPAT FOKA renamed SPAT 30/2 FOKA and intro date changed to 1989
(Yugoslavia) Malyutka-armed units between 1982-1992 rearmed with Malyutka-P1B1 (19 AP)
(Yugoslavia) Malyutka-armed units 1992 and later rearmed with Malyutka-2 (2625m, 60% acc, 23 AP)
(Yugoslavia) Padobranci '90 rearmed with RT-20 anti-tank rifle instead of Drug-M missile
(Yugoslavia) PORS Fagot-M reequipped with Drug-M; intro date changed to 1996
(Yugoslavia) M-1107 Fagot rearmed with 9M111 Fagot instead of Fagot-M; intro date changed to 1989
(Yugoslavia) M-91A Vihor front armor reduced to 21
(North Korea) Chonma'Ho front armor increased to 7 and availability changed to one card of 36/24/20/0/0
(North Korea) Chonma'Ho II AP reduced to 13 and given Strela-2M
(North Korea) Chonma'Ho IV Strela-2M removed and AP reduced to 15
(North Korea) Chonma'Ho V gun reverted back to 115mm; 17 AP
(North Korea) T-72M replaced with Pokpung-Ho; 17 AP, 16 Armor
(North Korea) Singhun removed
(North Korea) T-34-85 moved to vehicle tab
(China) ZTZ-85-IIA removed
(China) ZTZ-85-III renamed ZTZ-96; intro date changed to 1996
(China) PGZ-88 intro date changed to 1989

Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests