Wargame: Airland Dragon

Sonki3
Corporal

Re: Wargame: Airland Dragon

Postby Sonki3 » Sat 2 Jan 2021 14:31

Ah ok. Thats the reason. Yes I understand. :)

Then I have another information for historical accuracy. I have read in one of the german tank history books, that East Germany also had plans to update some of the T-72M1 tanks into the T-72M1M version, similar to the Czechoslovakian version. (The reason for this decision was, that they wanted some tanks withthe Svir missile. They could just not put the missile into the normal T-72M1 version - they had to upgrade them in the factory.) Which means, that the normal T-72S should also be available as well as the T-72M1M, yet only just 1 card for each of them. (Funding reasons.)

They made those plans in 1988 and this change had to be implemented til the year 1992. (The implementation of the T-72S and T-72S1 until the year 1995.)
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Sireyn » Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:30

Sonki3 wrote:Then I have another information for historical accuracy. I have read in one of the german tank history books, that East Germany also had plans to update some of the T-72M1 tanks into the T-72M1M version, similar to the Czechoslovakian version. (The reason for this decision was, that they wanted some tanks withthe Svir missile. They could just not put the missile into the normal T-72M1 version - they had to upgrade them in the factory.) Which means, that the normal T-72S should also be available as well as the T-72M1M, yet only just 1 card for each of them. (Funding reasons.)

They made those plans in 1988 and this change had to be implemented til the year 1992. (The implementation of the T-72S and T-72S1 until the year 1995.))

Which book was that? I recall that they wanted the missile, hence the T-55AM2PBs, but I wasn't certain what was planned for the T-72M1s other than some variant of T-72S. Another forum post suggests the T-72Ss would be of Romanian production, but I have not found anything to back that up or see what Romania wanted to produce.

T-90S is more or less the E7 variant of T-72S, just mine lacks the Svir (which I wouldn't mind adding). T-72S1 is the E8-1 variant which is a reasonable and cheap large scale upgrade for the T-72M1s. In Wargame's alternative timeline, I don't mind stretching things a bit to fit the T-90S alongside the T-72S1s instead of the E7 or E8. The question is really whether it should get a missile or not. If I give it a Svir, I am tempted to downgrade the main ammo to 3BM-42 (20 AP).

Sonki3
Corporal

Postby Sonki3 » Thu 7 Jan 2021 13:09

This is the link to the website where I bought the book.

https://www.amazon.de/Panzer-NVA-1956-1 ... 687&sr=8-3

Its in german though, so yeah ... I don´t know if an english version exists too. :(

The informations I gave you can be found in that book. (With the T-72M1M and the Svir missile.)

Maybe only downgrade the Ammo of the normal T-72S tank - it got the Svir missile anyway. To somewhat balance the T-72S1 and the normal T-72S. (So that the S1 gets the better ammo and the S gets the Svir missile with weaker ammo.)

About Romania - yes, they wanted to buy some T-72S tanks from Romania, but only because the Polish and Czech could not build them fast enough. They also bought some of their SPW-70 from Romania. (Same reasons as above.) (The romanian version is a little bit different from the Soviet one - but in Wargame the difference does not matter.)

Infos from this book:
https://www.amazon.de/Panzer-NVA-Band-R ... 155&sr=8-4
"A Roland for an Oliver."

"Wie du mir, so ich dir."

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Tue 2 Feb 2021 08:08

Sonki3 wrote:This is the link to the website where I bought the book.

https://www.amazon.de/Panzer-NVA-1956-1 ... 687&sr=8-3

Its in german though, so yeah ... I don´t know if an english version exists too. :(

The informations I gave you can be found in that book. (With the T-72M1M and the Svir missile.)

Maybe only downgrade the Ammo of the normal T-72S tank - it got the Svir missile anyway. To somewhat balance the T-72S1 and the normal T-72S. (So that the S1 gets the better ammo and the S gets the Svir missile with weaker ammo.)

About Romania - yes, they wanted to buy some T-72S tanks from Romania, but only because the Polish and Czech could not build them fast enough. They also bought some of their SPW-70 from Romania. (Same reasons as above.) (The romanian version is a little bit different from the Soviet one - but in Wargame the difference does not matter.)

Infos from this book:
https://www.amazon.de/Panzer-NVA-Band-R ... 155&sr=8-4

I bought an online version of one of the books and did a rough translation of the relevant portions. I will end up retaining my version of the T-72S1 and then the T-90S will get the Svir along with the downgraded 3BM-42. This is an alternative timeline afterall and the plans for 1995 really are more of a wishlist than an in progress development.

Based on this book, East Germany will be also getting the Strela-10M3 and Buk-M1 for 1995.

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Wed 17 Feb 2021 18:23

New version, compatible with the latest Wargame update. Only minor changes otherwise.

(Norway) CV9030 AP increased to 5 (NM225)
(W. Germany) Marder 2 reequipped with the 35mm version of the Rh-503; All other stats retained

(E. Germany) Added Fla-Kom BUK
(E. Germany) Added Fla-Kom Strela-10M3
(E. Germany) T-90S rearmed with 3BM-42 (20AP) and Svir
Last edited by Sireyn on Sat 20 Feb 2021 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Fri 19 Feb 2021 22:00

Mod updated for the Wargame patch 48029

(South Korea) KF-5E Jegong-Ho bomb dropping and evac fixed

Sireyn

Postby Sireyn » Thu 25 Feb 2021 03:29

Mod updated for version 48264 (Feb 24, 2021 patch)

Return to “Modding”