linux data file structure

peer
Private First-Class

linux data file structure

Postby peer » Wed 7 Sep 2016 14:21

Hello! I'm rather new to the community (though I have~2500 hours in game) and am wondering how the files are structured, specifically where unit statistics are stored. There don't appear to be any 'everything.ndfbin' in linux, but i did find the various NDF_Linux.dat files, which I assume are some sort of archive for the ndfbins?

Also, if anyone has any info on parsing/extracting these files (such as powercrystals, I see he's made relevant tools) I would greatly appreciate it.

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: linux data file structure

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 8 Sep 2016 22:26

I really recommend that you start off looking at my FAQ in my signature as a starting point, but I'll summarize a bit here:

The Wargame Modding Suite is the primary go-to tool for reading and editing Wargame .dat files. Almost all other tools including powercrystal's patcher uses versions of the Modding Suite. Old posts said that Linux could not run the Modding Suite but since then, Microsoft added compatibility to .NET

Anyway, use the Modding Suite to open NDF_Linux.dat and in there you will see everything.ndfbin.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

peer
Private First-Class

Postby peer » Thu 8 Sep 2016 23:51

The W:AB Noob wrote:I really recommend that you start off looking at my FAQ in my signature as a starting point, but I'll summarize a bit here:

The Wargame Modding Suite is the primary go-to tool for reading and editing Wargame .dat files. Almost all other tools including powercrystal's patcher uses versions of the Modding Suite. Old posts said that Linux could not run the Modding Suite but since then, Microsoft added compatibility to .NET

Anyway, use the Modding Suite to open NDF_Linux.dat and in there you will see everything.ndfbin.

Hi! Tried to friend you on steam the other day, since I did read your FAQ and you invited it. I'm actually asking because I'm trying to make my own tools parallel to enoha's, and have been running around the source for a bit. Thanks for replying though!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 9 Sep 2016 00:53

Steam servers are currently under maintenance, but thanks for taking the initiative to friend me! You can ask me a question any time about modding or the tool, but I don't know about coding that much.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”