The ALB map porting project WIZARDS PLS HELP

integ3r
Lieutenant

Re: The ALB map porting project WIZARDS PLS HELP

Postby integ3r » Mon 24 Oct 2016 03:52

Are there any levelbuild files somewhere? It's referenced a lot but I can't really find them. Also, the way I understand it, "levelbuild" is the name of eugens level-editor.
Also, any way to change transtable values?

The ghost of all the alb props are in the game so (though that might be a dead end) adding them in is simple.. but loading them is another matter.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Tue 25 Oct 2016 00:56

integ3r wrote:Are there any levelbuild files somewhere? It's referenced a lot but I can't really find them. Also, the way I understand it, "levelbuild" is the name of eugens level-editor.
Also, any way to change transtable values?

The ghost of all the alb props are in the game so (though that might be a dead end) adding them in is simple.. but loading them is another matter.

Every NDF_Win.dat has many mapconstantelevelbuild.ndfbin files. Just type "build" in the search box.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Wed 26 Oct 2016 02:49

Specifically I was wondering about references to stuff like:
TManuallyGeneratedTexture, SourceFileName "GameData:/Map/LevelBuild/_2x2_port_Wonsan/Mapdiversite/Div_map.tga"

If I can find this .tga file, then it should be trivial to replace it. I can simply specify a new path to whatever file I want, basically I can specify ALB maps or ALB gamedata, but I dunno where to find this file. :cry:

What I could try, is simply replace the "GameData:/" path with the absolute path for what I think would be the ALB equivalent... but where exactly "GameData:/" points is not exactly clear to me... Alternately if I knew which ALB files or archive this file was in, I could exploit "MapDat:/" since I know where this refers to.

Just finding these things should give us the textures in RD... the models are tougher, but worst case scenario we'll replace all Asian model files with renamed alb model packages... seems like the only solution since there are transtable references which cannot be changed.

EDIT:
Actually, my only suspicion is that the files for this are in the .exe? Which doesn't help a lot since I dunno how to proceed from there.

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Fri 28 Oct 2016 22:41

Have you checked the large multi-gigabyte files? I seem to recall they had a lot of graphics stuff in them. zz_1.dat and so on.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Sat 29 Oct 2016 00:27

Hob_Gadling wrote:Have you checked the large multi-gigabyte files? I seem to recall they had a lot of graphics stuff in them. zz_1.dat and so on.

I've checked quite thoroughly and I cannot remember finding anything following the filestructure following "GameData:/" wether the example I mentioned or otherwise... There has to be some files that we don't have access to I think. Only place left is the .exe. :|

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Sat 29 Oct 2016 12:02

integ3r wrote:I've checked quite thoroughly and I cannot remember finding anything following the filestructure following "GameData:/" wether the example I mentioned or otherwise... There has to be some files that we don't have access to I think. Only place left is the .exe. :|

Right, yes. Gamedata tree is created at runtime, you won't find that directly anywhere. You'll have to work out where the files actually are and how they're slotted into the tree. Some of the files inside archives might be packed a second time. Maybe look at biggest ones with a hex editor?

.exe has no graphics or other game related content, just code to make it work.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Sat 29 Oct 2016 12:44

So then ZZ_2.dat is all we have to work with for textures? Maybe it will work out.

Hm.. no way of extracting runtime files? Just claw it out from memory? :P I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but then I could extract the runtime texture from the ALB map and specify a new filepath to this texture for any RD map.

Just tossing words out there.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 14:11

integ3r wrote:So then ZZ_2.dat is all we have to work with for textures? Maybe it will work out.

Hm.. no way of extracting runtime files? Just claw it out from memory? :P I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but then I could extract the runtime texture from the ALB map and specify a new filepath to this texture for any RD map.

Just tossing words out there.

I was looking for something else, but I noticed that there are bunch of stuff related to maps in ZZ_1. But I could not open it, is there any way to see what is in those .ppk files, because you can extract them, but modding suite will not open it.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Sat 29 Oct 2016 17:02

Thanks! ZZ 2 dat is the correct file with all the textures. So we have some progress!

http://imgur.com/a/iMSY9

The shadow texture is also working, but needs some NDF file modification to work right as far as I know. So it's there but incorrectly applied. I think I had it right a while back.

So now, I think, we need to either add all relevant models from ALB's ZZ_1.dat to RD's ZZ_1.dat.
Or, make an ALB ZZ_1.dat version that is purged of all overlap with RD's and add it to one of the patch folders.

... or maybe I can trick it somehow.

EDIT: Actually, I think the map loads the models based on a preset package. So since, in this case, we're loading wonsan harbor, it only loads models used in wonsan harbor... That might be a problem. But maybe we can add the ALB models to this package that it's loading.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 29 Oct 2016 18:26

Didyou manage to open .ppk files in ZZ_1? I think there might be something for campaigns I ve been looking for