Cruise missile strike ----please can you add

Who_dares_wins
Private

Cruise missile strike ----please can you add

Postby Who_dares_wins » Tue 11 Oct 2016 18:39

I have played the wargame series for years now and I love it! If you are reeding this and you work for eugene systems please can you make either an up to date version in the 00's which would be ace. Or can you implement new units such as a cruise missile strike or I have been thinking about the balancing issues for it and I think the idea of a cruise missiles, is a fantastic concept I think that it should be unlimited in range very precise in accuracy and a catastrophic amount of damage in a great wide area of affect to your enemy's giving you a short amount of time to get the upper hand. In turn for this very powerful unit you would suffer very high supply price slow manoeuverability and a 5 minute loading time. I also think that you should implement cruise missile submarine launchers as well and figure away that you could take submarines out with the ships that are available at present. I think these would be really cool additions to the game just the visual of that missile being fired from that flatbed truck would epic alone next to the explosion that it would make.

Thank you for your time

To the community that may read this also, message, please let me know what your thoughts are on this subject.

shomu1
Major-General

Re: Cruise missile strike ----please can you add

Postby shomu1 » Tue 11 Oct 2016 20:18

Sure, right after T-80UMs with turret-mounted Buk launchers.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Tue 11 Oct 2016 21:45

We're still finishing modeling AC-130, so cruise missiles will have to wait.

:roll:

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 12 Oct 2016 00:39

But before this, Eugen has to balance the aircraft carriers. The Nimitz underperforms compared to real life and the Charles DeGaulle, well, it's just OP cuz French.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

MenDuck
Major

Postby MenDuck » Wed 12 Oct 2016 22:34

The W:AB Noob wrote:But before this, Eugen has to balance the aircraft carriers. The Nimitz underperforms compared to real life and the Charles DeGaulle, well, it's just OP cuz French.

Indeed. And La Baguette, that submarine is awfuly OP! It took down, like, two of my F-35s when I tried to strafe it with torpedos! Unacceptable!

Borscht
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Borscht » Wed 12 Oct 2016 23:23

MenDuck wrote:
The W:AB Noob wrote:But before this, Eugen has to balance the aircraft carriers. The Nimitz underperforms compared to real life and the Charles DeGaulle, well, it's just OP cuz French.

Indeed. And La Baguette, that submarine is awfuly OP! It took down, like, two of my F-35s when I tried to strafe it with torpedos! Unacceptable!

Btw, how did the La Baguette kill them? Tactical ramming? I am still a little bit rusty in using it.
SOUP OF GLORIOUS DESIGN

Sireyn
Sergeant Major

Postby Sireyn » Thu 13 Oct 2016 04:06

Its funny that this may be pretty easy to do. Copy a ship and give it a missile that can fire indirectly. I just don't see any reason why it should be in game. (Maybe for a singleplayer campaign?)

The OP should understand that he is communicating almost exclusively with the community. Most of us are happy to teach you how to do these kind of things yourself, or you should consider using one of the existing user-created mods.

As an aside, please try use paragraphs, my eyes would appreciate it. :)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 13 Oct 2016 07:06

Sireyn wrote:Its funny that this may be pretty easy to do. Copy a ship and give it a missile that can fire indirectly. I just don't see any reason why it should be in game. (Maybe for a singleplayer campaign?)
Or better, a rocket. I have also seen requests before for a controllable cruise missile, which in theory, is also possible.

For me, the primary concern is that it is completely game breaking and can be used as the foundation for so many cheese tactics (you thought cluster roading at the start was bad, cruise missiles will make this even worse).

Who_Dares_Wins, if you would like to learn how you can maybe implement this yourself, you can friend me on Steam so that it is easier to communicate and explain.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 13 Oct 2016 08:23

Who_dares_wins wrote:I have played the wargame series for years now and I love it! If you are reeding this and you work for eugene systems please can you make either an up to date version in the 00's which would be ace. Or can you implement new units such as a cruise missile strike or I have been thinking about the balancing issues for it and I think the idea of a cruise missiles, is a fantastic concept I think that it should be unlimited in range very precise in accuracy and a catastrophic amount of damage in a great wide area of affect to your enemy's giving you a short amount of time to get the upper hand. In turn for this very powerful unit you would suffer very high supply price slow manoeuverability and a 5 minute loading time. I also think that you should implement cruise missile submarine launchers as well and figure away that you could take submarines out with the ships that are available at present. I think these would be really cool additions to the game just the visual of that missile being fired from that flatbed truck would epic alone next to the explosion that it would make.

Thank you for your time

To the community that may read this also, message, please let me know what your thoughts are on this subject.

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=36034

Check the The List of Do Not Ask Will Not Happens.

OFF
Is funny to see how violated Eugen its own list...

5. Any new nations --- Happened twice so far...
17. No tactical ballistic missiles or scuds etc. ---- Ehm, Lance...

ON

Return to “Modding”