Great Scandinavian War and Adriatic Islands campaign mod

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Re: anyone to test Yugo campaign?

Postby Breo77 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 22:30

Zomba69 wrote:
Breo77 wrote:Bad news.I got a crash at the end of a battle.Turn 0 ,battle 5.Access violation one more time. :(

I conclude it is broken, no point to try to play it anymore. Thanks (and sorry) for your time. Back to drawing board...

Never mind.Thank You for your work.

mahouista
Private First-Class

Postby mahouista » Thu 8 Dec 2016 22:46

Zomba69 wrote:
mahouista wrote:Thanks! It really looks like a completely different campaign!

Fortunately, your PC is OK , at least as far as this mod is concerned ;) : the game crashes with this mod in my PC too, not in Vanilla version.

Thanks for your time and feedback. I wish I know what went wrong :oops:

Thanks to you. Your mod looks great!

ConnorTW
Private

Postby ConnorTW » Thu 8 Dec 2016 23:49

Zomba69 wrote:
ConnorTW wrote:It worked well! I like the new units on both sides, naval landings actually present a challenge on some maps now too!

There's a significant lack of air power early game though, was this intentional?

The only crash i experience was when trying to load a new game, other than that it ran great, good job.

Really? How many turns you managed without crash?

Yes, you get (a lot) air power later when you capture airport. I also made Minsk into not carrier, because Yugo never had it, so instead 3 air BG you get 3 hello group. Note that many computer BGs have their own air support, so AI should use it more.

After playing abit more it started crashing after battles, before battles, particularly Gobo!

I really enjoyed it and found it a breath of fresh air, glad to see other campaigns are being modded!

I hope you sort it soon.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Re: anyone to play Yugo campaign (that works)?

Postby Zomba69 » Sun 11 Dec 2016 16:02

It did not worked out with Climb Mountain, but it works with Bear campaign.

If you want to try it, check first post

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Postby Breo77 » Sun 11 Dec 2016 16:36

I'll try too.I was playing the same campaign modded by me but i got a crash.I added finnish and yugoslavian units and the game crashed before a battle.i was thinking that this units were the problem but if your mod works...i dont know.I was able to mod the first campaign so:Do You follow any "rule" or something like that changing battlegroups?can You see the name of finnish an yugoslavian units in bgm?i can only see their stats but not their names?

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sun 11 Dec 2016 17:03

Breo77 wrote:I'll try too.I was playing the same campaign modded by me but i got a crash.I added finnish and yugoslavian units and the game crashed before a battle.i was thinking that this units were the problem but if your mod works...i dont know.I was able to mod the first campaign so:Do You follow any "rule" or something like that changing battlegroups?can You see the name of finnish an yugoslavian units in bgm?i can only see their stats but not their names?

To be honest, I have no idea why it sometimes crash...sometimes i got crash on bear and cmn, but never on the others campaigns. Maybe if you mess up too much with objectives (it seems not to work) and sometimes with cohesion. And sometimes it crashes even if I only change composition of BGs...but in the most cases it works.

You can see names of YUG/FIN if you download this, I put battlegroups.dic in the latest patch:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59020

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Postby Breo77 » Mon 12 Dec 2016 01:26

Thank You.

ConnorTW
Private

Postby ConnorTW » Mon 19 Dec 2016 17:41

Really nice now, i've experienced zero problems with it on the BvD version.

Good Job!

Breo77
Staff Sergeant

Postby Breo77 » Thu 22 Dec 2016 22:35

Well...campaign finished :mrgreen: a very fun one!

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sun 25 Dec 2016 16:31

Thanks for comments. :)

When they release balance patch, I may redo some other campaign. If you have any suggestions, please, share.