Great Scandinavian War and Adriatic Islands campaign mod

Cheeseburger
Private

Re: Great Scandinavian War and Adriatic Islands campaign mod

Postby Cheeseburger » Sat 31 Mar 2018 14:51

I saw this and thought it looked like a lot of fun, but I can't seem to install it correctly. Are these the correct paths to install the files to?

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\510064564

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\510061340

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Tue 3 Apr 2018 16:38

Cheeseburger wrote:I saw this and thought it looked like a lot of fun, but I can't seem to install it correctly. Are these the correct paths to install the files to?

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\510061340

Copy/paste NDF file to 510064564 and ZZ to 510061340/510064564

so in your case it should be:
NDF: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\510064564
ZZ: SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\PC\510061340/510064564

ravioli_124
Private

Postby ravioli_124 » Fri 1 Jun 2018 22:45

Can this mod be used with Ash and Shadows units? when I tried, it messed up the unit names/stats and the campaign failed to work.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sun 3 Jun 2018 13:26

ravioli_124 wrote:Can this mod be used with Ash and Shadows units? when I tried, it messed up the unit names/stats and the campaign failed to work.

No, it is based on vanilla. To change campaign in a&s you will need to install mod and than change campaign with bgm from scratch

reefta
Sergeant

Postby reefta » Sun 8 Jul 2018 17:20

Zomba69 wrote:
ravioli_124 wrote:Can this mod be used with Ash and Shadows units? when I tried, it messed up the unit names/stats and the campaign failed to work.

No, it is based on vanilla. To change campaign in a&s you will need to install mod and than change campaign with bgm from scratch

it would be extremely nice of you if you would at least edit it a bit so a&s wont crash with the campaign mod on

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Mon 9 Jul 2018 14:31

reefta wrote:
Zomba69 wrote:

it would be extremely nice of you if you would at least edit it a bit so a&s wont crash with the campaign mod on

There is no way you can play this mode with A&S. It would take me days and days because I would need to do it all over again for other mod. I saw that A&S mod made some changes in the campaigns, too. Also, if you get familiar with BGM tool, you can make your own changes (first install A&S mod, than use BGM to change campaigns)

EnderPlasmicFire
Private

Postby EnderPlasmicFire » Tue 10 Jul 2018 06:58

I've been trying to install the mod, and I placed the NDF file in Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\data\PC\510064564. Then for the ZZ file, i placed it in Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\data\PC\510064564 and then again in Steam\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\data\PC\510061340. I then went to 2nd korean war to see if it worked, and i still had regular BGMs. Is there anything I have done wrong in my setup?

reefta
Sergeant

Postby reefta » Tue 10 Jul 2018 09:33

Zomba69 wrote:
reefta wrote:

There is no way you can play this mode with A&S. It would take me days and days because I would need to do it all over again for other mod. I saw that A&S mod made some changes in the campaigns, too. Also, if you get familiar with BGM tool, you can make your own changes (first install A&S mod, than use BGM to change campaigns)

I allready begun converting a&s campaign into your version (with two BGMs running)
Its hard hard work since the a&s creator didnt change old units names so an old t34 ID is now a t90 but i wouldnt know it.

I need to know the following things:
1. Did you add new battlegroups? (I assume no)
2. How did you change the starting points?
3. How did you change the sector names? Does it have any effect beside cosmetics? Because i saw the units still start in korean named zones
4. Anything else you did beside points 2,3 and adding/removing units?

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Wed 11 Jul 2018 15:06

reefta wrote:
Zomba69 wrote:
reefta wrote:

I allready begun converting a&s campaign into your version (with two BGMs running)
Its hard hard work since the a&s creator didnt change old units names so an old t34 ID is now a t90 but i wouldnt know it.

I need to know the following things:
1. Did you add new battlegroups? (I assume no)
2. How did you change the starting points?
3. How did you change the sector names? Does it have any effect beside cosmetics? Because i saw the units still start in korean named zones
4. Anything else you did beside points 2,3 and adding/removing units?

Hm, it is strange that you dont see correct name in A&S mod. My guess is you are using wrong ZZ file. I remember it was possible to see all new names of A&S in BGM.

1. It is not possible to add new BGs (at least noone found out how, but having in mind structure of the game, I really dont think it is possible)

2.With modding suite. This: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=43908 (you can change it for each campaign)

3. With modding suite, names of the sectors (and text/pictures/videos that appears in campaigns) are in some ZZ file in older folders of the game, but I dont remember which one. The change is only cosmetic and visible on strategic map (the zones in some maps will still have vanilla names) so maybe it is not worth to bother.

4. There are other things that you can change and that can affect how campaign is played. With BGM you can change cohesion and moral, initiative and action points, price of BG (that affects R&R costs, too) and minimal points before destruction for each BG, player's and AI's. Here are some tips: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=56715&start=10

You can also change names and flags of BGs, but be careful with Gs objectives, pawns and icons, they tend to cause crashes. If you really want to do it, first make all other changes, save it and than try to change this (I am not sure, but I think after few last patches of the game, this function in BGM is not working anymore as BGM has not been updated).

When you change marine and para units - once they are unloaded the game refers to them as another BG (with separate ID). To find them, uncheck "battle groups only". Than, find exact same BG and make same changes there.

With modding suite you can change time of each battle (the longer each battle last, it gets more difficult because you will get low on units and supplies). This change will affect ALL campaigns: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59774

Also, you can change maximum points for destruction (that is how much points you need to win battle). If this value is high you will need to destroy much more enemy units. This change will affect all campaigns: viewtopic.php?p=761415#p761415

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Fri 13 Jul 2018 03:00

reefta wrote:
Zomba69 wrote:
reefta wrote:

That's gonna take forever. I really recommend extracting the everything.ndfbin from A&S and putting that in the NDF_Win.dat of the campaign. You might also have to switch ZZ_Win.dat's or the specific interface_outgame.dic and unites.dic.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image