Page 1 of 2

Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Fri 16 Dec 2016 04:18
by nightkilla23
Where do I find the 10 v 10 maps and what value do I change once I have found them. Then (if applicable, this is my first time messing with the modding suite), how do I apply it to the game?

I know that there is mods for this but I need to do it with an already installed mod.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Fri 16 Dec 2016 20:16
by Gunnar
Hiya,
Here's the XML which I run (below), you'll need WGPatcher to execute it:

Code: Select all

<!-- Set 10v10 Maps Availability -->
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_5x3_Asgard_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_5x3_Asgard_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_5x3_Asgard_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_5x3_Asgard_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_5x3_Gjoll_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_5x3_Gjoll_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch> 
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_5x3_Gjoll_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_5x3_Gjoll_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_4x4_Russian_Roulette">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_4x4_Russian_Roulette</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_4x4_Russian_Roulette">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_4x4_Russian_Roulette</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>


Cheers,
Gunnar.

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Mon 19 Dec 2016 21:09
by nightkilla23
Gunnar wrote:Hiya,
Here's the XML which I run (below), you'll need WGPatcher to execute it:

Code: Select all

<!-- Set 10v10 Maps Availability -->
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_5x3_Asgard_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_5x3_Asgard_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_5x3_Asgard_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_5x3_Asgard_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_5x3_Gjoll_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_5x3_Gjoll_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch> 
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_5x3_Gjoll_10v10">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_5x3_Gjoll_10v10</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Conquete_4x4_Russian_Roulette">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Conquete_4x4_Russian_Roulette</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>
<ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="Destruction_4x4_Russian_Roulette">
<matchconditions>
<matchcondition property="NetworkName">Destruction_4x4_Russian_Roulette</matchcondition>
</matchconditions>
<changes>
<change property="NbMinPlayers" type="Unset">null</change>
</changes>
</ndfpatch>


Cheers,
Gunnar.


Not to be a bother but, I have no idea how to run that with the WGPatcher, unless something happened when I downloaded it. Could you explain? I have no idea whats going on or how to work the program(s).

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Mon 19 Dec 2016 22:09
by Gunnar
Hi,

No bother at all.

WGPatcher comes with the ability to use XML input files to make changes to the DAT file.
The XML I posted was only a part of the changes I make, so you'll need to add <wargamepatch> and </wargamepatch> to the begin/end of the code. Also, WGPatcher comes with a couple of example XML files, take a look at those to familiarise yourself.

Additionally, you'll need to create a .bat file to perform the execution and make the changes, here's the command line I use:

Code: Select all

WGPatcher.exe apply NDF_Win_Orig_57270.dat StartSettings.xml >> patch_history_57270.txt


The StartSettings.xml contains the XML I want to run, the .dat is my copy of the NDF_Win.dat file and the .txt file is just an output source so that I can check what's happened.

Hope that helps.

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Tue 20 Dec 2016 03:18
by nightkilla23
Thanks for the help Gunnar, it unlocked Asgard and Gjoll but not Russian Roulette. The text file it produced said that it did not affect anything, but I don't really care about that map. Thank you for taking your time to explain how to do everything! It was much appreciated.

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Tue 20 Dec 2016 09:15
by The W:AB Noob
nightkilla23 wrote:Thanks for the help Gunnar, it unlocked Asgard and Gjoll but not Russian Roulette. The text file it produced said that it did not affect anything, but I don't really care about that map. Thank you for taking your time to explain how to do everything! It was much appreciated.

This is my script:

Code: Select all

<wargamepatch>
   <ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="tenVsTenUnlock">
      <matchconditions>
         <matchcondition property="NbMaxPlayers">20</matchcondition>
      </matchconditions>
      <changes>
         <change operation="set" property="NbMinPlayers" type="Int32">0</change>
      </changes>
   </ndfpatch>
</wargamepatch>


Feel free to copy/modify.

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Mon 3 Apr 2017 17:09
by Garwinski
The W:AB Noob wrote:
nightkilla23 wrote:Thanks for the help Gunnar, it unlocked Asgard and Gjoll but not Russian Roulette. The text file it produced said that it did not affect anything, but I don't really care about that map. Thank you for taking your time to explain how to do everything! It was much appreciated.

This is my script:

Code: Select all

<wargamepatch>
   <ndfpatch ndf="pc\ndf\patchable\misc\globals.ndfbin" table="TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo" name="tenVsTenUnlock">
      <matchconditions>
         <matchcondition property="NbMaxPlayers">20</matchcondition>
      </matchconditions>
      <changes>
         <change operation="set" property="NbMinPlayers" type="Int32">0</change>
      </changes>
   </ndfpatch>
</wargamepatch>


Feel free to copy/modify.



It seems like it worked at first. With the .bat instructions from Gunnar I get, when I place all the files in the same directory as NDF_Win.dat and then start the .bat, I get the following output:

"Processing patch file yolo.xml
INFO: patch tenVsTenUnlock affects 4 entries in TModernWarfareMultiMapInfo"

So it seems that the files are changed. But still, when starting a multiplayer game, I still dont get the large maps. I use the NDF_Win.dat that is in the most recent directory in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wargame Red Dragon\Data\WARGAME\PC. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: EDIT: Got it. It should be the folder with the highest number. Also dont forget to rename the NDF_Win-patched.bat to NDF_Win.bat after you applied the xml file. Backup you original NDF_Win.bat if you want to be sure.

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Mon 17 Jul 2017 22:02
by ilias
Gunnar
Just wanted to write: 1 more thanks for the explanation )

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Fri 3 Nov 2017 15:13
by MasterZeroFlash
Gunnar wrote:Hi,

No bother at all.

WGPatcher comes with the ability to use XML input files to make changes to the DAT file.
The XML I posted was only a part of the changes I make, so you'll need to add <wargamepatch> and </wargamepatch> to the begin/end of the code. Also, WGPatcher comes with a couple of example XML files, take a look at those to familiarise yourself.

Additionally, you'll need to create a .bat file to perform the execution and make the changes, here's the command line I use:

Code: Select all

WGPatcher.exe apply NDF_Win_Orig_57270.dat StartSettings.xml >> patch_history_57270.txt


The StartSettings.xml contains the XML I want to run, the .dat is my copy of the NDF_Win.dat file and the .txt file is just an output source so that I can check what's happened.

Hope that helps.


I managed to do this all successfully, but just to make sure I havent screwed up: Is the resulting .Dat file supposed to have a much smaller file-size than the unpatched one?

Re: Question: How do I unlock the 10 v 10 maps for skirmish?

Posted: Tue 7 Nov 2017 17:39
by The W:AB Noob
MasterZeroFlash wrote:
Gunnar wrote:Hi,

No bother at all.

WGPatcher comes with the ability to use XML input files to make changes to the DAT file.
The XML I posted was only a part of the changes I make, so you'll need to add <wargamepatch> and </wargamepatch> to the begin/end of the code. Also, WGPatcher comes with a couple of example XML files, take a look at those to familiarise yourself.

Additionally, you'll need to create a .bat file to perform the execution and make the changes, here's the command line I use:

Code: Select all

WGPatcher.exe apply NDF_Win_Orig_57270.dat StartSettings.xml >> patch_history_57270.txt


The StartSettings.xml contains the XML I want to run, the .dat is my copy of the NDF_Win.dat file and the .txt file is just an output source so that I can check what's happened.

Hope that helps.


I managed to do this all successfully, but just to make sure I havent screwed up: Is the resulting .Dat file supposed to have a much smaller file-size than the unpatched one?

Yes. WMS does some compressing whenever you save a change to any NDF_Win.dat file. It is perfectly normal.