Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.06

Akkku
First Sergeant

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Announcement

Postby Akkku » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:30

XanderTuron wrote:
Akkku wrote:I'm pretty sure the T-90S used to have a worse stab than the T-72BU.

Well it doesn't now.

So Eugen changed it for balancing reasons and not because they think this is realistic.
President of Eugen

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:39

GARGEAN wrote:
another505 wrote:And rpg29 with much more irl range with 70accuracy already ingame is fine with you? That doesnt have fcs

RPG-29 have a range up to 800m(if uses tripod, but still). Acc is issue, and was mentioned by me a long time ago(for most high-end RPGs).
[

How does the tripod add more range to the RPG 29? Does it includes FCS, laser range finder with it?
also it states here, 500m http://modernfirearms.net/grenade/rus/rpg-29-e.html

Since RPG 29 has it already so how is it out of standard?
Instead, it is following the standard of the wargame already
Of Salt

zeeyoo
Corporal

Postby zeeyoo » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:40

frostypooky wrote:
Dread wrote:Songun/Pok'pung-ho/Ch'onma-215.

Three different things, two OOTF and one non-existent. The latest tank that really fits ITF without stretching proto too much or taking limelight away from ZTZ-99 is Chonma-92, aka "first Chonma-ho V"

http://www.jajuminbo.net/sub_read.html? ... 8&section2

A report from someone that got to see direct North Korean explanations at a tank museum

Re: Pokpung nonexistent

위의 정보를 살펴보면, 세계 각국 군사전문가들이 북의 최신형 전차라고 알고 있는 ‘폭풍호’는 보이지 않는다. 미국 군부는 북이 러시아군 전차 T-72를 개량하여 2002년에 ‘폭풍호’ 전차를 생산하였다고 하면서, 그 전차를 ‘M2002 전차’라 부르지만, 그것은 엉터리 정보다. 누가 ‘폭풍호’라는 가상명칭을 조작해냈는지 알 수 없으나, ‘폭풍호’는 실존하지 않는다.

If you look at all the information I presented in this article, you don't see any mention of a "Pokpong-ho" that numerous international military experts have constantly referred to as the North's newest tank. The US military says the North developed the "Pokpung-ho" from Russian T-72s, and they designate it the "M-2002". It's simply bad info. We will never know what source came up with the name "Pokpung-ho", but the North Koreans simply do not recognize any tank as such.

*side note from experience: the US military no longer recognizes an M-2002/Pokpung-ho as an operational tank, at least not in the form it is reported as.

Re: Songun/Chonma-215 OOTF
놀라움 속에서 중무기실을 참관하던 내 발길은 2000년대 이후에 생산된 5종의 전차들 앞에서 멈췄다. <사진5>에 나타난, 중앙통로 바로 왼쪽에 전시된 5종의 전차를 생산연도순으로 열거하면, 사진에서 맨 앞에 보이는 것이 2000년에 생산된 주체89년식 중땅크 ‘천마-98’이고, 그 다음으로 2001년에 생산된 주체90년식 중땅크 ‘천마-214’, 2003년에 생산된 주체92년식 중땅크 ‘천마-215’, 2004년에 생산된 주체93년식 중땅크 ‘천마-216’이며, 사진에서 맨 끝에 보이는 것이 2009년에 생산된 주체98년식 중땅크 ‘선군-915’다.

My path stopped in front of a selection of five tanks produced post-2000, after moving through the heavy weapons display at an alarming speed. Explaining the five tanks that appear in Picture 5 to the left of the main path in order of development, front to back: the Chonma-98 MBT developed in 2000, Chonma-214 developed in 2001, Chonma-215 developed in 2003, Chonma-216 developed in 2004, and finally in the vey back, the Songun-915 developed in 2009.

북이 실전배치한 최신형 전차는 2009년에 생산된 주체98년식 중땅크 ‘선군-915’다. 북이 2000년부터 2004년까지 5년 동안 연속적으로 성능을 개량하여 생산한 4종의 전차들은 모두 ‘천마’라는 공통명칭을 지녔는데, 북이 2009년에 생산한 최신형 전차는 ‘선군’이라는 새로운 이름을 얻었다. 전차이름이 ‘천마’에서 ‘선군’으로 바뀐 것은 전차성능이 질적으로 향상되었음을 뜻한다.

The North's latest, fielded tank is the Songun-915 produced in 2009. The North gave the public name "Chonma" to the tank line of 4 different models continuously researched & developed from 2000 to 2004. However, the North's newest tank produced in 2009 received the new name "Songun". The name change from 'Chonma' to 'Songun' is meant to represent a massive change in North Korean armor capabilities.

aforementioned picture 5:
http://www.jajuminbo.net/imgdata/jajumi ... 478036.jpg (Link broken)

Why most of the public domain info on anything after Chonma-ho IV is utter BS
무장장비관 참관을 마치고 평양을 떠나 뉴욕에 돌아온 나는 인터넷을 검색하다가 눈이 번쩍 뜨이는 보도기사를 보았다. 그것은 2013년 6월 19일부터 21일까지 몇몇 남측 언론매체들이 북의 신형 전차에 관해 보도한 기사들이다. 그 기사들을 읽어 내려가던 내 기억 속에는 무장장비관 중무기실에서 흥분 속에 바라보았던 전차들의 육중한 모습이 문득 떠올랐다. 북의 신형 전차에 관한 남측 언론의 산만한 보도내용을 정리하면 아래와 같다.

Finished with the weapons museum and having returned to New York from Pyongyang, I saw some surprising news articles after some internet serarches. They were from June 19-21, 2013, some South Korean news articles reporting on new North Korean tank developments. Upon reading them, the memories and details of my visit to the weapons museum returned to me quickly. If you were to summarize Southern media reporting on the new MBTs, it is as follows:

첫째, 보도에 따르면, 북은 2005년부터 2012년까지 8년 동안 신형 전차들인 ‘선군호’와 ‘천마5호’ 900여 대를 생산하여 전방에 실전배치하였는데, 이것은 같은 기간 한국군의 전차생산량보다 두 배가 넘는 규모다.

First, according to reports, from 2005-2012 the North supposedly built 900 "Songun-ho" and "Chonma-ho V" tanks and deployed them to the frontline, but this number is almost twice that amount of MBTs that South Korea built in the same time.

둘째, 보도에 따르면, 북의 신형 전차 ‘천마5호’는 1990년대에 개발된 ‘천마4호’를 개량한 것으로 추정되고, “최근에 식별된” 북의 신형 전차 ‘선군호’는 기존 주력전차인 ‘폭풍호’보다 주포 사거리가 늘어났고, 최대속력도 시속 70km 이상으로 달릴 수 있어 기동력이 뛰어나다.

Second, according to reports, the new "Chonma-ho V" was built as a direct development of the"Chonma-ho IV developed in 1990, and the "newly designated Songun-ho" had an increased firing range and 70+km/h max speed providing amazing maneuverability as compared to the supposed "Pokpung-ho", which was supposedly widespread as the "main vehicle" of North Korean armor.

셋째, 보도에 따르면, ‘선군호’는 신형 사격통제장치와 포탑을 갖춰 이동중 사격능력이나 야간사격능력이 우수한 3세대 전차다.

Third, according to reports, the "Songun-ho" possess advanced fire control and turret, with the quality of fire stabilization and night firing capabilities making it an outstanding 3rd generation tank.

넷째, 보도에 따르면, ‘선군호’ 포탑 위에는 러시아군 지대공미사일 ‘이글라’를 개조한 지대공미사일이 장착되었고, 2010년 중국에서 수입한 러시아산 대전차미사일도 장착되었다.

Fourth, according to reports, the "Sonhgun-ho" had Iglas bolted to the top, and in 2010 it was able to use Russian ATGMs imported from China.

이처럼 네 갈래로 정리한 북의 신형 전차에 관한 남측 언론보도내용은 내가 무장장비관 중무기실에서 직접 확인한 북의 신형 전차에 관한 정보와 크게 어긋나는 엉터리 정보를 말해주고 있다. 북의 신형 전차에 대해 알지도 못하면서 제멋대로 왜곡하여 헛소문을 퍼뜨린 것이다.

These kinds of reports from foreign/Southern media are revealed to be utter rubbish when contrasted against the direct information from the North Korean government I was able to confirm at the tank museum. They propel ridiculous rumors about North Korean tanks even when it's clear they have no direct information at all.

What NOT to expect:

A total conversion mod
Your favorite unicorn unit
A focus on realism

Is this mod focusing on balance only, so ignore all realism claim?

well, don't mind. but Sŏn'gun isn't a unicorn one? Jajuminbo was a SK media mainly organized with followers of NK, and now closed by SK government. The quoted article was on Jajuminbo, written by Han Ho seok, who actually visited NK's tank museum directly. In here, Sŏn'gun's production date is claimed as 2009.

It seems more reasonable to give NK T-90S as Eugene already claimed with 2nd Korean War campaign, or give them CHN's ZTZ-85 line which actually the exportation models that CHN army didn't use. giving NK T-72S1 is also reasonable, negotiating about T-90S.

some another information. 2A46/2A46M 125mm smoothbore gun never revealed in NK until now. if really Son'gun get in this mod, it would be better using 2A20 115mm. (as the alternative history set, maybe possible?)

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0006322995

This is the fastest article about Sŏn'gun. according to this one, almost 900 Sŏn'gun introduced 2005 to 2012. 2005 or 2009, which side of date is kept in OOTF. in RD's timeframe, Sŏn'gun can only stay in fantasy.

Mike

Postby Mike » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:41

another505 wrote:
GARGEAN wrote:
another505 wrote:And rpg29 with much more irl range with 70% accuracy already ingame is fine with you? That doesn't have fcs

RPG-29 have a range up to 800m(if uses tripod, but still). Acc is issue, and was mentioned by me a long time ago(for most high-end RPGs).

How does the tripod add more range to the RPG 29? Does it includes FCS, laser range finder with it?
also it states here, 500m http://modernfirearms.net/grenade/rus/rpg-29-e.html

Since RPG 29 has it already so how is it out of standard?
Instead, it is following the standard of the wargame already

Are you okay? Have you been assaulted? PTSD? You're not hyping up USSR equipment!
Courtesy of KattiValk

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:45

Mike wrote:
Are you okay? Have you been assaulted? PTSD? You're not hyping up USSR equipment!

When was i a russian fanboy :lol:

i only have a few loves there , the kamovs and flankers.... t80u,sprut sd and as val....

you can label me soviet airborne fanboy though 8-)
Of Salt

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:52

About Son' gun tank being 2009,
since most nations like redfor ones died but got proto and what if units, NK never really got them ingame except exports.
The idea is that the post CW economy damaged NK industry a lot since all its main trading allies are suddenly gone. If the timeline continued with USSR Gorby saving the day and yeltsin fucked off, the industry of NK "what if" survived. Besides, the technology level of Song gun like is still within 90s.
Frosty mentioned this idea first and i support it a lot
Of Salt

Tamerlane92
Corporal

Postby Tamerlane92 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:57

Akkku wrote:A good friend is someone you punch in the face from time from time to time, but if somebody attacks him you are like "you son of a bitch, I'm going to fuck you up!".

and PRC did it to USSR. Have you ever heard that PRC attacked pro-USSR Vietnam aka Sino-Vietnamese War? How about to be friend of enemy, like Joint Communique on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations?

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Wed 1 Feb 2017 04:09

Ahhhh, just as i expected, endless rage and apeshit about the PF-98, imagine that with the NPLM trait implemented :lol:

Seriously, looking forward to the public version, great work! 8-)
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 04:19

I have a question. What will be done about planes in this mod?
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Tamerlane92
Corporal

Postby Tamerlane92 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 04:36

Razzmann wrote:
Yuckjeondae ('90):
  • Reroled into Light Shock infantry
  • Price reduced by 5pts
  • RPG-7 replaced with RPG-7V (base)
  • Type-69-III replaced with Metys ('90)

Gongbobyong:
  • Moved into Recon tab
  • Given access to the BTR-80A
  • Type 56 RR replaced with with SPG-9D
  • Given access to ZIL-157

Airborne SF to Light Inf, and Light Inf to Recon Inf.
I don't know whose fantasy of these but I can say they even don't read its names at least.

Return to “Modding”