Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.06

Karenin
Sergeant

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Announcement

Postby Karenin » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:23

70/70 A5! Lovely <3

Seryn wrote:
The Fox APC ofc, how else would I move my Infantry? Hueys?

Since im living near Stuttgart, i get Mercedes for free ;)

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:23

Razzmann wrote:
Akkku wrote:Nice. I always wanted the Strv122 for scandi. <3
Btw the Strv122 has a little more armour than a Leo2A5.

Which is the reason for 10SAV.
We did not want to go for 23FAV since we are already giving Scandi 2 cards.
Also afaik, it is not public where exactly armour got increased?

Ah, got ninja'd.

Will you ever recover?
President of Eugen

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:29

Karenin wrote:70/70 A5! Lovely <3

Seryn wrote:
The Fox APC ofc, how else would I move my Infantry? Hueys?

Since im living near Stuttgart, i get Mercedes for free ;)

Back when I lived in Germany I preferred Bamburg and Waldmohr over Stuttgart personally.

Karenin
Sergeant

Postby Karenin » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:31

Akkku wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Ah, got ninja'd.

Will you ever recover?

It was a Ninja. He is obviously dead. Except Razz is a Ninja himself and they are fighting now. Thanks to my knowledge from Naruto, this fight will take approx 6 weeks.

If I hypothetically want to mod a Milan that has a Anti-Helo Range (Like your new RBS), i would need a second Turret for it, right?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:35

Bougnas wrote:Not sure that better armor is justified tbh, it remains a base M113

That was a change without an realism justification at all. We did that because we do not want to have 10 point transport with actual weapons. However at 15pts it was too weak so we buffed the armour to 2.

Bougnas wrote:Norway had AGM-65F? 30% ECM could be given as they had the pods for it.

Orcbuster explained it to us, but I don't remember it 100%. It was something about American planes stationed in Norway or something and therefore Norway could have easy access to these. He better explain it himself :P

Orcbuster wrote:

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:43

Regarding the AGM-65F, Norway does not operate this missile AFAIK, HOWEVER, US had extensive plans to transfer equipment and CAS assets to norway during the cold war (in fact they were to be the main provider of air-to-ground support as Norwegian planes were expected to focus on AA and ASM duties) and were responsible for training norwegian pilots and the airframe was capable of it, so it's a very minor logical leap, especially considering how few superunicorn units Norway have compared to other nations.

NM135 armor upgrade could in theory be possible if you rename it the NM135F1, which was a series of upgrades similar to the M113A3 variant done sometime in the early 80s-late 90s (I was unable to find documentation for when it was done but most Norwegian M113 variants seemed to have recieved such a version with an F1 designation. Current in service variant is the M113F3 with RWS and rubber belts)

There is no documentation on the capabilities of the RBS-70 MK.II shaped charge warhead so we decided to put it in a spot where it would be usefull but not OP.
Viker for ingen!

beares
Sergeant First-Class

Postby beares » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:47

Razzmann wrote:
Akkku wrote:Nice. I always wanted the Strv122 for scandi. <3
Btw the Strv122 has a little more armour than a Leo2A5.

Which is the reason for 10SAV.
We did not want to go for 23FAV since we are already giving Scandi 2 cards.
Also afaik, it is not public where exactly armour got increased?

Ah, got ninja'd.

It is public. It has at the very least improved frontal armor at the glacis, and possibly improved turret armor. IIRC the side armor has not been improved. Top and front armor has been improved, so it should not have 10 SAV but rather 23 FAV, 9 SAV, 4 TAV and whatever the 2A5 has as RAV.

Here:
http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/informa ... svagn-122/

That is the Swedish DoD. Here is the relevant part:

"Fronten på chassit är förstärkt med skyddsmoduler på både in- och utsidan. Framför förarluckan och framför tornlagringen sitter skydd för pansarprojektiler. Tornet är utvändigt förstärkt med skyddsmoduler, och stridsrummet är klätt med glasfiberplattor som ger besättningen extra skydd mot splitter."

Translation:
"The front of the chassis is reinforced with armor modules at both the inside and outside. In front of the drivers hatch and the turret storage is protection against armor-piercing projectiles. The turret is reinforced outwardly with armor modules, and the crew compartment has glasfibre modules to protect against spalling."

The glacis-part is also corroborated by the fact that the actual Strv 122 has a visibly elongated glacis/hull compared to the standard 2A5.

Why not go 1 card with 23 FAV to have better authenticity? You complement it with the Strv 121 anyway. Dont really need 2 cards and would prevent Scandis from being overly focused on armor since that would mean that they dont have multiple superheavies.

(as a less likely argument, its add-on lock-on capability could justify faster RoF while the TCCS and improved coms could justify it being moved to the recon tab, but that would likely be totally OP. Then again, it would make Scandis completely different and give them a unique feel with a superheavy recon tank)

BTW what mod are you using for that 2A5 texture?
Last edited by beares on Wed 1 Feb 2017 21:07, edited 11 times in total.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 1 Feb 2017 20:48

Thank you for the answer. This looks like a good justification for everything.

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Wed 1 Feb 2017 21:07

Super heavy tanks as recons is a good idea, but balancing issues would be way too problematic.

If the balancing issues are dealt, then hell why not, a nice flavor!
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 1 Feb 2017 21:22

beares wrote:Why not go 1 card with 23 FAV to have better authenticity? You complement it with the Strv 121 anyway. Dont really need 2 cards and would prevent Scandis from being overly focused on armor since that would mean that they dont have multiple superheavies.

Well we are reroling the 121 into the 122, which means that the 121 will not be an option anymore. Scandinavia has the 2 cards of 122s as their only tanks that cost more than 90 points.

beares wrote:BTW what mod are you using for that 2A5 texture?

Vasto's mod: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=44298

Return to “Modding”