Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.06

Mako
General

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.0

Postby Mako » Wed 1 Mar 2017 09:57

It feels strange that Scandy has more superheavies than CW
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Wed 1 Mar 2017 11:23

Zerocgc wrote:Congratulations to all the team. I'll be sure to check this especially if the russians are in.

Since you have germans in the team i'm sure you'll apreciate some criticism as a form of encouragment.

- So all the buff and debuffs seems to give all coalitions 4 super heavies and mirror other capabilities, and then 2 coalitions with 4 super heavies are scrapped to fit in a 2 and a 0 superheavy coalition (!). This better be called the "...Flavormod" and not the "...Balance-mod" or the other circlejerk names. Just to say that the 2 last coalitions seems rushed like Eugen's sound effects.

- Entente :(

I kind of agree. Canada-Netherlands coalition kind of makes some sense gameplay-wise but makes no sense historically/RL-wise.
If you really wanted to put Dutchies in a coalition without Germans you should've put them with Brits, imo.
The NK-GDR coalition is just no comment, like seriously?

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Wed 1 Mar 2017 11:55

General observations after a few hours in deck and a couple games:

-CW got nerfed really hard with only 2 super heavies, especially when Sweden of all nations is running around with 4.

-One random 20 pt line infantry seems silly, seems like either the MG3 for lines needs a nerf or they should lose the Pzf3 and get another launcher instead, probably CGM2.

-CV9030 and CV9040 availabilities should be the same, the swedes get 4 more of their lines in their ifv than the norwegians.

-Strike Eagle should be two per card like the ANZ Nukevark and Su-27M unless it gets like 50% ECM and HARMs or something crazy to justify it.

-A bunch post 1980 of ATGMs still have shit accuracy compared to the TOW-2 for no apparent reason

-Low tier ATGMs still completely garbage more or less across the board

-Recoiless Rifles still kind of garbage, other than ones on the new units.

-Roland 3 availability still strangely low for price

-COMVAT potentially too good
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 1 Mar 2017 12:30

ToTheMetal wrote:If you really wanted to put Dutchies in a coalition without Germans you should've put them with Brits, imo.

We had that originally, it was too strong.
ToTheMetal wrote:The NK-GDR coalition is just no comment, like seriously?

What is the problem? It is not meant to be a top tier coalition. Kvasius wanted to try out how they play and we decided to keep them in as they do no harm.

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Wed 1 Mar 2017 12:36

ToTheMetal wrote:I kind of agree. Canada-Netherlands coalition kind of makes some sense gameplay-wise but makes no sense historically/RL-wise.
Canada and the Netherlands have strong ties.
http://natoassociation.ca/marching-to-remember/
Canada has participated in the marches since 1952. Like the other participants, the CF perceives the marches to be a challenging and prestigious event that is “the ultimate test of a CF member’s physical fitness and stamina.” But for the Canadians, the marches are also deeply symbolic. The Nijmegen Marches are the largest annual pilgrimage of Canadian soldiers, sailors, and air force personnel to a war cemetery outside of Canada.
The trek to Groesbeek Cemetery serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made by Canadians during the war and highlights the special relationship that Canada has with Europe and the Netherlands in particular. Canada was vital to the liberation of the Netherlands from German occupation in World War II.
The Canadian First Army was successful in driving the Germans out of the area and Nijmegen became the Canadian base of operations during the final six months of the campaign to free the rest of the country. This Allied victory was strategically important and contributed to bringing the war to an end a few month later. Over 7,600 Canadians died in the liberation of the Netherlands – a sacrifice that is honoured every year during the Nijmegen Marches.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 1 Mar 2017 12:57

Machbet:
Radar tag removed

Can I ask why did not got the same treatment the US PIVADS...? This seems to me a very strong discrepancy. Especially as long as Machbet has 2800 m range...

I also do not get why was forgotten to fix the 4HE SR IRAAMs to make viable a tons of other AC.

Also strange menitoning in the first post "no unicorn" while RD got lots of unicorn units.

kvasius
Command Sergeant Major

Postby kvasius » Wed 1 Mar 2017 14:21

molnibalage wrote:
Machbet:
Radar tag removed

Can I ask why did not got the same treatment the US PIVADS...? This seems to me a very strong discrepancy. Especially as long as Machbet has 2800 m range...

I also do not get why was forgotten to fix the 4HE SR IRAAMs to make viable a tons of other AC.

Also strange menitoning in the first post "no unicorn" while RD got lots of unicorn units.

Its antiplane and antihelo range got nerfed... quite a while ago. Dunno why razz didnt add it into the public changelog.

Dont know about antiunicorn policy, something out of my duties to think about it.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 1 Mar 2017 14:27

kvasius wrote:Dunno why razz didnt add it into the public changelog.

I did. It was there from the beginning. He either can't read properly or refuses to do so.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 1 Mar 2017 14:49

Razzmann wrote:
kvasius wrote:Dunno why razz didnt add it into the public changelog.

I did. It was there from the beginning. He either can't read properly or refuses to do so.

Even it has the same range with PIVADS, the US still is still had RAD....

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Wed 1 Mar 2017 23:08

It'd be nice to do something to the Malyutka to make it less worthless. Right now it's on so many vehicles but I'd say it's worth maybe 2 pts, maybe even 0 since it more often than not just gives away a vehicle's position or stops it from using a more effective weapon.

The basic versions(vanilla, P, Susong Po and HJ-73) are on some 30 or so different units.

Right now it's slow as balls, really inaccurate and really low damaging, all together mean that it's never going to hit and if it does hit it does no damage.

At this point I'd almost say just give it like 3 HE and let it shoot at infantry syrian civil war style.

Return to “Modding”