Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.06

Coal143
Master Sergeant

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Announcement

Postby Coal143 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 18:58

Zaskow wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Not to mention that the PF-98 is not really a unicorn.

But it likes pretty unicornish. Also OP unit won't save certain nation/coalition. For example, USA has enough very good (even OP somebody says) units, but it's very poor nation to play.

Compare Tanke '95 to Eryx. It's in no way OP, and functions at an acceptable level in my experience

Tiera wrote:Good stuff so far. I for one will certainly try this mod once it becomes available.

Appreciate it man, be sure to check in every few days for updates

Pantheon
Corporal

Postby Pantheon » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:04

Is the 5 pt price system locked to the game or can you implement a 3 pt increment (5, 8, 10, 13 and so on)? For simplicitys sake only for infantry and maybe some inf transports. That would fix and help a lot. For example Jägers 13 pts and XA KT 18 pts also 15 men squads would have +3 pt price instead of +5.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:11

Pantheon wrote:Is the 5 pt price system locked to the game or can you implement a 3 pt increment (5, 8, 10, 13 and so on)? For simplicitys sake only for infantry and maybe some inf transports. That would fix and help a lot. For example Jägers 13 pts and XA KT 18 pts also 15 men squads would have +3 pt price instead of +5.

For now, not.

Coal143
Master Sergeant

Postby Coal143 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:12

Pantheon wrote:Is the 5 pt price system locked to the game or can you implement a 3 pt increment (5, 8, 10, 13 and so on)? For simplicitys sake only for infantry and maybe some inf transports. That would fix and help a lot. For example Jägers 13 pts and XA KT 18 pts also 15 men squads would have +3 pt price instead of +5.

Right now we are not interested in making such sweeping changes. Grander designs can be considered once we have a working and balanced mod

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:27

Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:how will this compare to some other extensive mods which were aimed as "balance mods", e.g. uralgraznomod

Is that the mod with 30pt CVs? I don't think you can call that balance.

a) considering CVs is something everyone gets, then that part is called balance by definition. Whether a particular person agrees with such a change is another question altogether
b) I never played it, but I seem to remember that there were considerably more changes that affected the metagame than simply reducing CV prices

zhouhaiyang
Corporal

Postby zhouhaiyang » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:31

there are some problem
1) ztz98 didn't use 105mm gun but 125mm
2)why JH7 carries so many a-a missile underwing.
3)would you try to fix the bug? for example scoripion 90‘s mg

Coal143
Master Sergeant

Postby Coal143 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:36

zhouhaiyang wrote:there are some problem
1) ztz98 didn't use 105mm gun but 125mm
2)why JH7 carries so many a-a missile underwing.
3)would you try to fix the bug? for example scoripion 90‘s mg

1) The gun is a known oversight, and just something low priority that we will deal with once we move to a public version
2) Graphical issue, will be dealt with before release
3) We are currently not interested in fixing vanilla bugs unless they adveresly affect gameplay

Chilly_Pillow
Private

Postby Chilly_Pillow » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:41

How involved is eugen in this process? Have they kinda given you guys any indication of what might happen in the long term future and said sure have a go? very excited looking forward to more viable factions!

CommanderDef
Sergeant Major

Postby CommanderDef » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:45

I'm kinda worried about 25AP RR range weapons. Shock Metis-M will also be a cancer to deal with. Maybe you took the buff for RDs too much seriously, maybe you are creating your favorite unicorn instead of mine. Personally, I'd welcome more work on vehicles and especially in case of RDs to make AA sufficient for Armored decks than creating more superheavy and heavy tanks.

If I make one proposal, think about merging ZSU-57 support and FSV version into one useful FSV vehicle. Applies on similar vehicles that have AA and FSV versions.

I hope you get far with your mod, it is always nice to see someone is working on the game!
Sometimes I wish my country wasn't included in the beginning, but coming as a paid DLC...
Spoiler : :

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:55

CommanderDef wrote:Shock Metis-M will also be a cancer to deal with.

Metys, not Metys-M.

Return to “Modding”