Faustmann Balance Mod Release V1.06

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Faustmann Balance Mod Announcement

Postby another505 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:56

Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:how will this compare to some other extensive mods which were aimed as "balance mods", e.g. uralgraznomod

Is that the mod with 30pt CVs? I don't think you can call that balance.

honestly i liked it, it made CV blind sniping which was rampant back then much less effective. I played that mod a few times and it was one of the most helpful change in my opinion.
Of Salt

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 31 Jan 2017 19:56

CommanderDef wrote:I'm kinda worried about 25AP RR range weapons. Shock Metis-M will also be a cancer to deal with.

RR's get outranged by pretty much every single cannon in the game, so they are a huge threat to everything that gets into range, but their low range makes it a meh thing, similar to current 5 man maglan.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:00

Dev Diary #1

Greetings everyone, in our first development diary we’ll go into details about the "Red Dragons" coalition. We'll list out our reasoning as to why the coalition is considered weak, outline justifications for some of the more significant changes and explain how we think Red Dragons should work thematically.

So, why does Red Dragons need such a big overhaul? Right now, it barely has any flavourful units that make people want to play the nation. Exceptions to that are the (in)famous VTT-323 Hwasung-Chong, the T-90S and a handful of other units. However, most of these are either just on par with other strong units (e.g. the T-90S being a superheavy, that can keep up with others, but at the same time is nothing special) or just available to other decks as well (e.g. Crotale).

But the biggest problem is that it lacks a lot of basic units / unit combinations. It has neither strong infantry that can fight on its own, nor does it have good fire support to make up for that. At the same time, it heavily lacks in high end planes and the few the nation has are just overpriced and underperforming. Those are the major things that lack, but certainly not all.

Before we decided which unit to buff, change or nerf, we decided on the deck's flavour and playstyle.

In our mod, Red Dragons is supposed to be mainly focused around China, while NK is the supporting element.

One overall theme, especially seen in the tank tab, is the glass cannon element of the units. There is not a single tank that has more front armour than AP, making their tanks especially vulnerable to non-tank based AT weaponry.
Spoiler : :

The playstyle is oriented around high risk, high reward. Your units are powerful, but if you are not careful, you can lose them in a very short amount of time.

Red Dragons will be able to field powerful infantry, especially China's Tanke Shashou '95 will work well in conjunction with other infantry, although it won't be very cost effective when it is on its own.
Developer commentary: While we have recieved some concerns about Tanke Shashou '95, if one would compare it to Eryx you only gain one step of range and 10% accuracy for a 10pt increase. Naturally, Not having the [GUID] tag is a big boon we believe the unit functions well at its current price level especially considering that the RoF is very slow, making counterplay much easier.

What Red Dragon lacked and will still lack are strong, modern Gunships, strong ATGM planes and a general lack of high end planes.

The next Developer Diary will focus on Scandinavia!
Last edited by Razzmann on Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:19, edited 2 times in total.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:00

another505 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
urogard wrote:how will this compare to some other extensive mods which were aimed as "balance mods", e.g. uralgraznomod

Is that the mod with 30pt CVs? I don't think you can call that balance.

honestly i liked it, it made CV blind sniping which was rampant back then much less effective. I played that mod a few times and it was one of the most helpful change in my opinion.

2 things should have been done with cv's in RD. removing CV helos (too many noobs taking them and not understanding how NOT to use them) and halving the cost of all CVs (before the tank CV price rebalance, now tank CVs are mostly #GreatAgain)

Desty
Warrant Officer

Postby Desty » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:07

So the chinese now import US ammo? :lol:
Which DU round of them can penetrate 750mm ?
Couldn't find anything in the RD thread about it..sorry if im blind :lol:

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:12

Chilly_Pillow wrote:How involved is eugen in this process? Have they kinda given you guys any indication of what might happen in the long term future and said sure have a go? very excited looking forward to more viable factions!

I guess they are not even reading the forum as this thread has not yet been moved to modding section

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:19

Zomba69 wrote:
Chilly_Pillow wrote:How involved is eugen in this process? Have they kinda given you guys any indication of what might happen in the long term future and said sure have a go? very excited looking forward to more viable factions!

I guess they are not even reading the forum as this thread has not yet been moved to modding section

Or you just give it a few hours considering it's outside of regular working hours?

TBH I actually expect that, once eugen drops Wargame support by not doing any further patches, someone will mold up a community mod and then eventually everyone (at least of the people who still stick with the game) will keep playing the mod only.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:25

Desty wrote:So the chinese now import US ammo? :lol:

China produces it's own ammo, second gen standard tungsten pens 600mm. standard 3rd gen tungsten pens around 700. The ammo currently used is estimates on 2nd gen DU.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

Putin187
Sergeant

Postby Putin187 » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:47

I somewhat like the general idea of improving some decks and reroling(powering up) units. But I really dont like the idea of two versions of balance :( . But anyway, im looking forward to try it out )
Take on strategic responsibilities on the way to make the USSR great again! #makeUSSRgreatagain

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:53

keldon wrote:
Desty wrote:So the chinese now import US ammo? :lol:

China produces it's own ammo, second gen standard tungsten pens 600mm. standard 3rd gen tungsten pens around 700. The ammo currently used is estimates on 2nd gen DU.

So in the mod it's using the standard 2nd gen Tungsten in the picture Razzmann posted?
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Modding”