[Sound modding Release] WMS / Wargame modding suite | 0.8.6

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Re: [Sound modding Release] WMS / Wargame modding suite | 0.8.5

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 4 Feb 2017 13:44

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but with new version it seems export raw data is not working. Also, I cant open anz ppk files. Any suggestions?

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Sat 4 Feb 2017 14:48

Zomba69 wrote:Maybe I am doing something wrong, but with new version it seems export raw data is not working. Also, I cant open anz ppk files. Any suggestions?

Can you be more detailed? Which ppk exactly does not work? With raw export?

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 4 Feb 2017 15:20

enohka wrote:
Zomba69 wrote:Maybe I am doing something wrong, but with new version it seems export raw data is not working. Also, I cant open anz ppk files. Any suggestions?

I could not export any file, not even unit names. I tried with 0.8.3. version it works.

For ppk, I tried to open few random ones, but nothing opens and cannot export them.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Sat 4 Feb 2017 16:19

Zomba69 wrote:
enohka wrote:

I could not export any file, not even unit names. I tried with 0.8.3. version it works.

For ppk, I tried to open few random ones, but nothing opens and cannot export them.

With introduction of the Worspace feature, the "raw export" exports now by standard to the real relative directory of the file in your workspace for instance "pc\ndf\patchable\map\_3x2_montagne_3\hqloader.ndfbin" goes to "C:\Users\enohka\Desktop\teststuff\pc\ndf\patchable\map\_3x2_montagne_3\hqloader.ndfbin"

is that your Problem?

Skyth
Private

Postby Skyth » Sat 4 Feb 2017 17:28

Hello, I just downloaded the modding suite, but when I try to open the program, it gives me this error message:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-18' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories()
at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.FileSystemOverviewViewModelBase.ParseDirectory(DirectoryInfo info)
at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.FileSystemOverviewViewModelBase.ParseDirectory(DirectoryInfo info)
at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.WorkspaceViewModel..ctor(Settings settings)
at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.EdataManagerViewModel..ctor()
at moddingSuite.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I tried running it as an administrator, but it still doesn't work.

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 4 Feb 2017 18:27

Yes, it was, I did not realize there is separate folder now.

Thank you a lot, this looks great!

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 4 Feb 2017 19:03

Code: Select all

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.EnumerateDirectories()
   at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.WorkspaceViewModel..ctor(Settings settings)
   at moddingSuite.ViewModel.Edata.EdataManagerViewModel..ctor()
   at moddingSuite.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I am getting this error. Running as admin.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Sat 4 Feb 2017 19:24

You guys have probably set "C:\" as you export directory, this is not possible with the latest version. The WMS parses now your whole export directory as your workspace and watches for changes.

As a solution for this Problem, you should manually edit the XML settings file (You can also change the export path via settings with a old WMS version prior to 0.8.4).

You find the settings file at C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\edataFileManager

Inside the Settings you should specify a dedicated directory like "C:\wmsexport" or what ever you want under the "SavePath" tag:

<SavePath>C:\Users\enohka\Desktop\teststuff</SavePath>

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Sat 4 Feb 2017 19:36

enohka wrote:You guys have probably set "C:\" as you export directory, this is not possible with the latest version. The WMS parses now your whole export directory as your workspace and watches for changes.

As a solution for this Problem, you should manually edit the XML settings file (You can also change the export path via settings with a old WMS version prior to 0.8.4).

You find the settings file at C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\edataFileManager

Inside the Settings you should specify a dedicated directory like "C:\wmsexport" or what ever you want under the "SavePath" tag:

<SavePath>C:\Users\enohka\Desktop\teststuff</SavePath>

I'm not having such a folder in "Roaming", I didn't download previous WMS versions though. Having the same problem as in previous posts.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Sat 4 Feb 2017 19:40

I will release a patch for this problem in the next 30 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Return to “Modding”