Force one-by-one spawns!?

youkai_desu
Private

Force one-by-one spawns!?

Postby youkai_desu » Mon 6 Feb 2017 13:38

Good day Modders,

I've been visiting this site (just from the shadows) countless times over the years already for consultations about modding and other Eugen updates. I'm (a bit) literate at Modding Suite (so no worries!). So far I get what I want (mostly), and so far I'm satisfied with what i get (used mod my own NDF) but now i've decided to step out from the shadows to ask the venerable modding community a single question regarding the AI SPAWNING. :?

I noticed when I tried AI that they always spawn in groups of fours (where they always stick). As a result when one explodes, the remaining units' morale is messed-up as well. I think the best solution for prevention is to force one-by-one spawns (so they will have distance) by eliminating group spawn by fours (no problem in human players, 'cuz they can just Shift+Click when doing so)...

If possible, a crystal clear (step-by -step) explanation please,
I've already "dug deep" in this forum, but can't find similar topic yet.

ありがとうございます :)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: Force one-by-one spawns!?

Postby The W:AB Noob » Mon 6 Feb 2017 16:16

In TUniteListCompanyModuleDescriptor, change the NbUniteInCompagnieMax to 1 for every instance.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

youkai_desu
Private

Postby youkai_desu » Mon 6 Feb 2017 16:58

Thank you! :D

Sireyn
Sergeant Major

Postby Sireyn » Mon 6 Feb 2017 17:07

The W:AB Noob's answer is probably the easiest way to "force" a unit to spawn in one at a time. This has a couple drawbacks however.

1. Spawning in one at a time means units are spread out by 10 seconds, which can make defending dramatically easier.
2. NbUniteInCompagnieMax affects how many units can be in a group (1 for command units, 2 for helos, etc). Simply editing that value directly will affect that unit for the player, and every other unit that uses that same instance. There are only a few variations that are shared between every unit in the game.

If that sounds fine to you then here's the process. I'm sure you know how to get to the Modules of a unit, so I'll skip ahead.
CompanyUnit > Default > Company Descriptor > Modules > UnitListCompany > "NbUniteInCompagnieMax".

If you want to only affect certain units you should make a note of the UnitListCompany :"TUnitListCompanyModuleDescriptor", duplicate it, and assign it to specific units. Other than this I know of no other way to "force" something to spawn one at at time.

youkai_desu
Private

Postby youkai_desu » Tue 7 Feb 2017 07:48

Thank you very much for the idea!

Also The W:AB Noob's XML (respawn time) can change the frequency between spawns.

Have a nice day!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Thu 9 Feb 2017 06:20

youkai_desu wrote:Thank you very much for the idea!

Also The W:AB Noob's XML (respawn time) can change the frequency between spawns.

Have a nice day!

Didn't even think for that, but good call!
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Return to “Modding”