Required software :
- Ninja ripper : The software responsible for the magic
- Noesis with the Ninja ripper plugin : A software to convert and preview the 3D models extracted
- Blender 3D : The software you will use to have a quick preview of your texture, or even paint directly on the model.
- The Wargame Modding Suite : The great software that will enable you to extract the game texture
- A software allowing you to convert a DDS file to a PNG or another more usable format.
What does ninja ripper do ?
Ninja ripper is basicly ripping off the models, not from the game but from the VRAM.
Using it is fairly straight forward, just press F10 when you have loaded the unit that interest you (preferably in the armory)
Launch Noesis, with it browse your Wargame Red Dragon install folder and go in the
Code: Select all
The biggest .rip file corresponds to the armory model. The unit model is most likely smaller and most of the time smaller than 2.5 MB (that will simplify your search). You will find several file with the same size corresponding to the unit. Find one of those which have "damaged texture". Then export the file in .obj (of course giving it a relevant name and putting it in a relevant folder).