how do you switch armaments on aircraft with modding suite

Jolly Rogers
Private First-Class

how do you switch armaments on aircraft with modding suite

Postby Jolly Rogers » Sun 21 May 2017 17:06

Ive always had a love for the ugly EA-6 prowler. I want to change the SEAD atgms to 1000 kg bombs. I have downloaded the modding suite but I'm not sure where to go after gfx everything.

beares
Sergeant First-Class

Re: how do you switch armaments on aircraft with modding suite

Postby beares » Sun 21 May 2017 18:49

Jolly Rogers wrote:Ive always had a love for the ugly EA-6 prowler. I want to change the SEAD atgms to 1000 kg bombs. I have downloaded the modding suite but I'm not sure where to go after gfx everything.

COMThing's Wargame Modding Guide (specifically for plane loadouts):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6l_Q2 ... ef=2&pli=1

In GFX/everything, scroll to TUniteAuSolDescriptor (I believe it is ID nr 81). From there, follow the guide.

Jolly Rogers
Private First-Class

Postby Jolly Rogers » Sun 21 May 2017 22:18

I can find the aircraft I need I just have no idea how to differentiate what instance is for what missile or bomb type. I'm trying to switch out the SEAD missiles for the 8 340 kg bombs on the Japanese F-4EJ KAI

Sireyn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sireyn » Mon 22 May 2017 02:50

Find a unit using the bombs you want and copy its reference in the WeaponManager module. You are concerned specifically with the TTurretBombardierDescriptor through the TAmmunition references, which you will want to create an identical copy of.

Follow the guide to teach you how to set up missile carriages and special effects, but feel free to ask if you need more specifics. Aircraft loadouts are one of the most complex things to try to change. Be aware that not every aircraft is set up to handle extra weapons and may crash even if you do everything right.

Jolly Rogers
Private First-Class

Postby Jolly Rogers » Tue 8 May 2018 05:09

I finally made some head way after coming back to wargame. Im more familiar with the modding suite and I managed to change the F-4S with 4 NPLM bombs to 8 340kg nplm bombs, I was aiming for 340kg bombs but got napalm still. The bombs drop and everything but they are still napalm. Can you tell me what I did wrong, and how do I switch from napalm to normal HE bombs? Thanks for your help, reading back up on what you said helped tremendously.