Playing both sides

TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer

Playing both sides

Postby TheMarraMan » Sun 28 May 2017 21:47

Hello, wonderful modding community of Wargame.

I have always wondered this and wondered if it were possible. Since, with all the wonderful mods that I have enjoyed and seen around here for Wargame. My thought that I have wondered since first laying eyes on Wargame is: Is it possible, through modding, to be able to control both sides. As in placing, staging and controlling your own units; but also placing, staging, and controlling the enemies units?

The AI for Wargame has always been., well, its wargame AI:) and its a love-hate-love relationship. But say I want the enemy to have a legitimate IADS with layers of defense, or just a typical SAM battery that I wish to attack? Or a supply depot or artillery company that I want to destroy or a layered defense line--literally anything. I want to be able to place the enemy and position them how I want too, in a more realistic manner, if that makes sense. Not to make it more easy, but more "real" and challenging and authentic.

this would be great for cinematic/scripted videos. You could even play multiple maps--in a sort of user-created mini campaign with different levels and objectives: level one--locate enemy SAM batteries, level two--destroy enemy SAM batteries with available assets, level three--secure air superiority for ground forces, and etc., etc.

Does any of that make sense? I was not able to find any threads that seemed similar to this, and it might be completely impossible. But I have always wanted to be able to play both sides to play specific missions/campaigns that I've always had in my head and that have been fostered by Wargame, its mechanics and the many wonderful units and settings.

vinz75
First Sergeant

Re: Playing both sides

Postby vinz75 » Sun 28 May 2017 22:02

Hello The MarraMan,

From my understanding of the modding tools, what you ask is way beyond the capabilities of a mod. :|
It impacts the actual game mecanics

Vinz

TheMarraMan
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Playing both sides

Postby TheMarraMan » Mon 29 May 2017 21:20

vinz75 wrote:Hello The MarraMan,

From my understanding of the modding tools, what you ask is way beyond the capabilities of a mod. :|
It impacts the actual game mecanics

Vinz

Appreciate the replay and I figured as much. I think if it could be done then it would have already.