AI not using units. Make it use specific units more? How to do?

Shayansp
Private

AI not using units. Make it use specific units more? How to do?

Postby Shayansp » Sat 17 Jun 2017 15:35

Hi

So I have gone removed the AI's advantages or changed them a bit so the AI does not spam units in the beginning. I have also increased the amount of aircraft in a deck so the AI has more to use if it loses and so does the player. These changes work as intended except for one issue i have noticed. My friendly AI never uses aircraft. The Enemy always uses planes every match i play but whichever side i am on the Friendly never uses planes. I cannot understand why. Is there any value i might have accidentally changed that can cause this?

This is a huge problem now because i lose all my aircraft no matter how carefully i use them because the enemy spams fighters but my AI does nothing with planes. I kind of want them also to spam fighters to have a big Ariel battle too. but it just causes problems.

Also ive realised that my BLUEFOR Decks always use Naval Units much more than the REDFOR Decks. Any reason for this also?

Please someone help me!

Sorry about my english :)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: AI not using units. Make it use specific units more? How to do?

Postby The W:AB Noob » Sun 18 Jun 2017 00:47

The AI scripting in Red Dragon is pretty primitive (it's a little better in Steel Division), and to my knowledge, after the AI spawns all the units it wants to in the beginning (sometimes it does not have enough points to spawn everything), then it works off of an action-reaction basis. So if there is an enemy fighter that is spotted, they will send their own fighter. If there is a enemy radar AA spotted, they might deploy a SEAD aircraft. However, I might be wrong, and I have seen many instances where the AI did not react when they theoretically should have.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.2, the Final and Ultimate Patch Click -> Image

Shayansp
Private

Postby Shayansp » Sun 25 Jun 2017 15:14

The W:AB Noob wrote:The AI scripting in Red Dragon is pretty primitive (it's a little better in Steel Division), and to my knowledge, after the AI spawns all the units it wants to in the beginning (sometimes it does not have enough points to spawn everything), then it works off of an action-reaction basis. So if there is an enemy fighter that is spotted, they will send their own fighter. If there is a enemy radar AA spotted, they might deploy a SEAD aircraft. However, I might be wrong, and I have seen many instances where the AI did not react when they theoretically should have.

Thanks for the reply! This was very informative but i dont think its anything to do with the script because the enemy acts "normally" (in the broadest sense of that word) its just that the friendly AI never seem to use aircraft regardless of which side i am on.

Sireyn
Master Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Sun 25 Jun 2017 18:02

In my observations the AI uses jets in the same way it deploys counter units to what it sees. If the enemy AI sees your jets early in the game and has its own ASF, it would be far more likely to buy its jets. AI ground attack aircraft go after a specific target and must retain sight of the target the entire flight or it will evac. Many times the AI deploys a swarm of jets only to evac it immediately.

Unfortunately this is easily abused once you learn how to predict it. You can deploy a jet to get the AI to send out all of its fighters, then evac your jet, causing the AI to evac its swarm...then you can commence bombing unhindered while the AI jets are refueling.