SirMichel's Balance Mod

SirMichel
Private

SirMichel's Balance Mod

Postby SirMichel » Sat 15 Jul 2017 21:05

Hi guys,

i worked on a small balance mod for the last few weeks and i thought that i should share it here with you guys.

Most important changes:
Spoiler : :
-> Ground vehicles have their real counterpart speed (no more tanks that can reach 110 kph on roads)
-> New AP/Heat damage curve
Damage AP
ap < armor -> 0 damage
ap = armor -> 5 damage
ap = armor + 1 -> 7 damage
ap > armor + 1 -> 10 damage

Damage Heat
heat < armor -> 1 damage
heat = armor -> 4 damage
heat = armor + 1 -> 6 damage
heat = armor + 2 -> 8 damage
heat > armor + 2 -> 10 damage

This results in a more relistic tank combat. The one who sees the enemy first will probably win and cheaper tanks have now a real chance of defeating more expensive tanks if they can get close enough to penetrate their armor.
-> FOB has now 50,000 supplies

-> Edited AI dificulties
-> you get less income (every 6 seconds instead of every 4 seconds)

Planned changes:
Spoiler : :
-> doubling the vehicle fuel so they can travel about as far as they could with the standart W:RD movement speeds
-> changing infantry speed to more realistic values
-> increasing the availability for most of the units (i am aiming for availability similar to W:EE)
-> increase plane fuel so they can stay longer on the battlefield

-> reduce infantry AT ammo (most infantry units will have 1 or 2 shots, except dedicated AT units)

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Cg3DEdTWcxNmVkWkF2TzVYRWs/view?usp=sharing

THIB
Private First-Class

Re: SirMichel's Balance Mod

Postby THIB » Thu 10 Aug 2017 11:09

Hi SirMichel!
Thank you for creating your realistic mod!
This is exactly what I was looking for!
But helas I do not find how to instal :(
Could you tell me how to use your mod ???
Thank you :D

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 10 Aug 2017 14:16

THIB wrote:Hi SirMichel!
Thank you for creating your realistic mod!
This is exactly what I was looking for!
But helas I do not find how to instal :(
Could you tell me how to use your mod ???
Thank you :D

It makes even more gambling the game and leadt huge imbalace. Here is an exact example.

T-72B1 15 AV 18 AP 85CP.
Leo2 15 AV 16 AP 80CP

T-72B1 instakill Leo2 while Leo2 needs two hits to kill. The difference with base ACC do not balance back this. The diff. is only 5CP...

The problem is even worse if you consider ATGM capable tanks. T-62MV1 put into brackets any other med. tanks at long range combat with 21 AV HEAT. All tanks up to 17 FAV is one shit killed. A 65 CP tanks can one shot kill an M1A1 or even 140CP K1A1.

The ladder is way, way too steep...

It leads to use high AP stuff because small armor differecies are pointless. The idea is good to make less effective superheavies but you wrecked for this the all other tanks and rest of the game. ATGMs, AGM, everything.

With current modeling base ACC diff and AV+AV and small gaps between help balance the game. You simily kill this method. Not for tanks you screw also the IFVs...

Try this of AP weapons.
ap < armor -> 0 damage
ap = armor -> 3 damage
ap = armor + 1 -> 5 damage
ap = armor + 2 -> 6 damage
ap = armor + 3 -> 7 damage
ap = armor + 4 -> 9 damage
ap > armor + 4 -> 10 damage

HEAT table is even worse than AP with your idea. Here are many examples why.

'70s of ATGMs almost instakill '80s med tanks. 20 AP HEAT (Konkurs and iTOW) against 15-17 FAV tanks. 30CP jeeps or cheap inf. instakill tanks up to 140CP. TOW2 jeeps are avail for 40-50CP and they one shot kill with your idea even 180CP tanks. With your HEAT setting 26 AP HEAT AGMs kill any tanks, AGM-114 one shot kill as well as Mi-24 become the beast of battlefield with 20/22 AP HEAT AGM. Spammable old AGM planes now kill every tanks one shot, even superheavies.

Even if you modify your idea strongly ATGMs are still eradicate almost anything with one shot. . This is bad.

Even with modified table below you have issues but destroys less the backbone of the system.

Damage Heat
heat < armor -> 1 damage
heat = armor -> 3 damage
ap = armor + 1 -> 4 damage
ap = armor + 2 -> 5 damage
ap = armor + 3 -> 6 damage
ap = armor + 4 -> 7 damage
ap > armor + 4 -> 10 damage

The instakill cases with med. tanks with high AP and less AV are less frequent while top tier tanks becomes much less vulnerable in ground combat. Even with my recommended settings 20 AP HEAT ATGM would instakill tanks... Konkurs instakill Leo2, T-72B1 22AP or T-62MV1 21 AP HEAT instakill Leo2A1, etc. Make pairs with AP and AV with different tanks to see how many hit are required to kill without crit...

I appriciate the effort but no offense your changes just make worse WG RD. I know this without even trying the MOD because I know how I exploit even without trying it. You did not think through this...

Spamfeast would win mostly the game. Spamming best B and C cat stuff against A cat. TOW2 is available for CAN in CatB deck on jeep, iTOW is widespread on blue side, while on red side Mi-24 helo spam is the winner with Konkurs inf. and cluster arty...
Last edited by molnibalage on Thu 17 Aug 2017 13:19, edited 3 times in total.

THIB
Private First-Class

Postby THIB » Thu 10 Aug 2017 14:32

Hello molnibalage!

While advising you to come mod realistic existing to install and especially how?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 10 Aug 2017 14:44

THIB wrote:Hello molnibalage!

While advising you to come mod realistic existing to install and especially how?

RD is not even on my HDD. I just came to check what happened since march when I removed RD from my HDD.