[MOD] Wargame: 1991

molnibalage
General

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby molnibalage » Thu 19 Jul 2018 08:15

FrangibleCover wrote:MILAN certainly wouldn't merit 5HE, it's considerably smaller than Kokon or Jyu-MAT is and doesn't have a dedicated HE warhead. I view the use as a bunker buster in the Falklands as a special case, British light infantry units were plentifully equipped with MILAN and knew that the only vehicles on the Falklands were some AML-90s around Stanley that would be quite unable to navigate the terrain. Therefore there's a choice between using your MILAN teams as infantry (wasteful in terms of men and training), having them sit on their tods for the duration of the campaign (wasteful of supplies and good troops) or try to bunker bust with ATGMs (only wasteful of materiel, most of which wasn't going to be yomped all the way to Stanley anyway). In a mechanised meeting engagement like Wargame represents every MILAN is going to be fired at an AFV.

I never said give it 5HE I just noticed some can have HE. As for AT teams you can give 2HE and it is done. Dedicated ATGM carriers have so many ATGM you have no chance to use them all. If you cannot use to any role you still would have chance to give fire support in very rare cases because ATGM vehicles never enter towns and 2HE is not much...

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 19 Jul 2018 09:11

MAPATS had/has HE warheads. I send the info to Hrc a week back or so. Don't know if it reached you.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Thu 19 Jul 2018 09:47

molnibalage wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The determining factor, since it was the question, is the presence of a dedicated HE version of the missile. Kokon has a thermobaric variant and Jyu-MAT has an "anti-landing craft" HE variant. If you know of any other ATGMs with similar capabilities I'm sure we'd love to hear about them.

Rgr.

Does it have the Milan? Because in RL was used without any modifications as well as plain RPG-7. Eugen did not give HE values non AT teams to avoid to be OP RPG capable inf to rest of general inf.

But giving long range 5HE missile is maybe not a balanced idea.

Is Ataka always was so fast? I used very long time ago Ataka capable helo but in the mod I saw how fast it is. With 2800 m range is a real tank killer on open field in long range engagements.

Multipurpose warheads for Milan and HOT missiles were made but they are OOTF for 1991.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 20 Jul 2018 10:30

Markenzwieback wrote:MAPATS had/has HE warheads. I send the info to Hrc a week back or so. Don't know if it reached you.

Possibly, I've probably just forgotten it. Post the info in #sigint so that everyone sees it, we'll take a look.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 20 Jul 2018 15:15

A-7 speed is 900 km/h while A-6 is 750 km/h while in RL they are totally in the same class considering speed. A-7 is to close to supersonic jets now. IMHO both should have 800 km/h if it is possible.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Fri 20 Jul 2018 15:49

First I wanted start off by saying this is an great mod and adds alot of realism and flavor but here are a few things that ruins each nations "real-world capabilities"

Poland MT-LB - Poland never had Self Propelled Mortars during the cold war or even used 2B9 Vasilek

Czech Gepard M1 - Gepard M1 is a Hungarian sniper rifle that czech never used

ANZMYS Tracked Rapiers - none of these countries actually operated mobile Rapier missiles

Trainer Aircraft, TA-45 and T-2 - These trainer aircrafts were never used for anything other than training, while some trainer aircrafts like Hawk 51 were, Treaty Of Paris 1947 loophole

Also can't you nerf SF to 1 card each? I mean SF and dedicated recon are out of scale with few exceptions Army Rangers and SAS.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 20 Jul 2018 22:55

Fodder wrote:Poland MT-LB - Poland never had Self Propelled Mortars during the cold war or even used 2B9 Vasilek

Poland used the Vasilek (as Wasilok) since 1984. The lack of a self propelled mortar was killing Polish National decks and so they've received a mortar they operated on a platform they operated that we have a model for and was a real field modification in Soviet service. It's representing towed Vasilek and there's quite some precedent for it, look at the French, Yugoslav and Chinese mortar carriers too.

Czech Gepard M1 - Gepard M1 is a Hungarian sniper rifle that czech never used

Hence why it is assigned to a team of Mesterlovszek, Hungarian snipers. They've been attached to the Czechoslovak army, since they're the only interesting unit we could possibly get from Hungary and we don't have the nation slots to add Hungary anew. All other Hungarian capabilities are covered by NSWP so you could build a Hungarian roleplay deck if you so wished.

ANZMYS Tracked Rapiers - none of these countries actually operated mobile Rapier missiles

No, they're representing towed systems again. If we didn't represent towed AA then most BLU minors would be totally unplayable, which is unrealistic since they had plenty of AA. Realism isn't about the realistic inputs, it's about the realistic outcomes.

Trainer Aircraft, TA-45 and T-2 - These trainer aircrafts were never used for anything other than training, while some trainer aircrafts like Hawk 51 were, Treaty Of Paris 1947 loophole

TA-4SU is called that because we happen to have the model, it's identical to the performance of an A-4SU but partially corrects one of Eugen's bigger model fuck ups. Both T-2s are carrying loads that an F-1 could carry and are basically just spare names. However, I firmly believe that all three aircraft would be used, along with the armed trainers of all other nations, in the event of a Third World War, at the very least as attrition replacements if not immediately. The L-39ZA had an attack role, the British Hawk T.1s were armed with ADEN pods and Sidewinders for air interception, Belgium's Alpha Jet trainers were organised for CAS missions immediately upon the start of the war, using the instructor pilots to support 1BE Corps.

Also can't you nerf SF to 1 card each? I mean SF and dedicated recon are out of scale with few exceptions Army Rangers and SAS.

People haven't taken more than two cards of Special Forces in non-meme decks since 2014, I don't know what you mean. However you'll note that 1991 mod has downgraded a large number of infantry units from Elite to Shock so we've come some way toweards reducing SF proliferation.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Sat 21 Jul 2018 15:13

Update! Bug fixes and balance fixes!

If you've already downloaded the mod, you can upzip the file in the download link above into the XM1991 directory of the Mod Manager and relaunch.

If you haven't, the download link in the first post now points to the updated installer.

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Sat 21 Jul 2018 15:21

how feasible/interesting would it be to add mines?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 21 Jul 2018 15:56

nande wrote:how feasible/interesting would it be to add mines?

Feasible? Kinda.

Interesting? You know better, nande.

Return to “Modding”