[MOD] Wargame: 1991

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 23 Sep 2019 12:08

libbmaster wrote:This mod is super cool! I have a question, if you're still around:

I noticed several infantry units use different models for their "lead" team member (the one with the RPG/LAW) and different models for the other units - how did you manage that? And do you know if you can edit the textures of the two models independently?

Oh yes, we're still here. I expect we'll be here until the forums or game die entirely.

The sergeant (lead) model is different from the clone soldiers. You can change one without affecting the others. It's inside the GroupeCombatModuleDescriptor, GfxWeaponModels.
GfxWeaponModel holds the soldiers model and effects.
GfxSecondaryWeaponModel holds the sergeant model and effects.
To change a model, you simply need to change the four TDepictionDescritptors numbers in the DepictionAlternatives list with the ones of your choice.

I believe the texture is the same for both sergeant and soldiers, sadly. But you can always check it out. I've had a mess about with infantry skinning and it's kind of mind-bending so be warned.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Thu 26 Sep 2019 08:28

FrangibleCover wrote:Oh yes, we're still here. I expect we'll be here until the forums or game die entirely.

The sergeant (lead) model is different from the clone soldiers. You can change one without affecting the others. It's inside the GroupeCombatModuleDescriptor, GfxWeaponModels.
GfxWeaponModel holds the soldiers model and effects.
GfxSecondaryWeaponModel holds the sergeant model and effects.
To change a model, you simply need to change the four TDepictionDescritptors numbers in the DepictionAlternatives list with the ones of your choice.

I believe the texture is the same for both sergeant and soldiers, sadly. But you can always check it out. I've had a mess about with infantry skinning and it's kind of mind-bending so be warned.

Worked perfectly - thanks!

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Sat 19 Oct 2019 04:48

So found out something today, AH-1 wasn't able to fire TOW-2A until like 2005-ish due to the M65 TSU's inability to interface with the TOW-2A. An airframe change to the AH-1W rectified this, but AH-1T is SOL since it was long retired by that time.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Modding”