[MOD] Wargame: 1991

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 23 Sep 2019 12:08

libbmaster wrote:This mod is super cool! I have a question, if you're still around:

I noticed several infantry units use different models for their "lead" team member (the one with the RPG/LAW) and different models for the other units - how did you manage that? And do you know if you can edit the textures of the two models independently?

Oh yes, we're still here. I expect we'll be here until the forums or game die entirely.

The sergeant (lead) model is different from the clone soldiers. You can change one without affecting the others. It's inside the GroupeCombatModuleDescriptor, GfxWeaponModels.
GfxWeaponModel holds the soldiers model and effects.
GfxSecondaryWeaponModel holds the sergeant model and effects.
To change a model, you simply need to change the four TDepictionDescritptors numbers in the DepictionAlternatives list with the ones of your choice.

I believe the texture is the same for both sergeant and soldiers, sadly. But you can always check it out. I've had a mess about with infantry skinning and it's kind of mind-bending so be warned.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

libbmaster
Lieutenant

Postby libbmaster » Thu 26 Sep 2019 08:28

FrangibleCover wrote:Oh yes, we're still here. I expect we'll be here until the forums or game die entirely.

The sergeant (lead) model is different from the clone soldiers. You can change one without affecting the others. It's inside the GroupeCombatModuleDescriptor, GfxWeaponModels.
GfxWeaponModel holds the soldiers model and effects.
GfxSecondaryWeaponModel holds the sergeant model and effects.
To change a model, you simply need to change the four TDepictionDescritptors numbers in the DepictionAlternatives list with the ones of your choice.

I believe the texture is the same for both sergeant and soldiers, sadly. But you can always check it out. I've had a mess about with infantry skinning and it's kind of mind-bending so be warned.

Worked perfectly - thanks!

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Sat 19 Oct 2019 04:48

So found out something today, AH-1 wasn't able to fire TOW-2A until like 2005-ish due to the M65 TSU's inability to interface with the TOW-2A. An airframe change to the AH-1W rectified this, but AH-1T is SOL since it was long retired by that time.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KIAyuyu
Private

Postby KIAyuyu » Mon 17 Feb 2020 18:52

I really like this mod and i think that the changes to inf and changes of weapon icon are amazing. I have recommended the mod to my Chinese wargame community and received lots of postive feedbacks on it. After having a closer look at the data and discussion with the community, we feel confused by some of the changes and worried about the balance. For example,
Why there is no btr80a or mi-28 for ussr? While there is AP/HE rocket system for many MLRS, can't soviet's MLRS do the same thing?
I understand that the average fire control and optics device of the redfor is worse than blufor, but sound't be applied on certain units. T80U and T72B 1989 are now considered as the new super heavy but they have poor optics while the entriy M1 abrams family have the medium optics. I don't think it's reasonable.
There are many questions with each nation related to units, but in general the main issue will be price, availabity and training level setting that makes its PVP balance worse than the original game.
But we all like it, after many year's vanilla gaming, we can really use a mod like this to get some new taste.
I hope the team are still working on update the mod and fix the errors and balancing. Thanks them for this great mod QWQ

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 19 Feb 2020 00:08

KIAyuyu wrote:I really like this mod and i think that the changes to inf and changes of weapon icon are amazing. I have recommended the mod to my Chinese wargame community and received lots of postive feedbacks on it.

And thank you very much for your post, and for helping to keep this game going.

Why there is no btr80a or mi-28 for ussr?

Neither were in full service in 1991. A few prototypes of each existed but they were not intended to be deployable, indeed the Mi-28 was supposed to fade into obscurity having lost the new attack helicopter competition to the Ka-50.

While there is AP/HE rocket system for many MLRS, can't soviet's MLRS do the same thing?

Strangely the Soviet Union never deployed DP or AP bomblets on its rocket launchers. Quite an oversight by them in my view but obviously they felt that unitary explosives and fragmentation bomblets were more suitable for what they intended to do.

I understand that the average fire control and optics device of the redfor is worse than blufor, but sound't be applied on certain units. T80U and T72B 1989 are now considered as the new super heavy but they have poor optics while the entriy M1 abrams family have the medium optics. I don't think it's reasonable.

I certainly understand this concern, medium vs. poor optics have been assigned purely based on whether a vehicle had thermal optics fitted to it. Top end RED fire control was every bit the equal of BLU but they never really got thermals out on a significant level and we've chosen to represent that even if it does make RED harder to play in some circumstances. RED tanks are, of course, cheaper as a result and I'd suggest using the RED technical reconnaissance units to compensate now that Exceptional Optics is not so heavily taxed.

There are many questions with each nation related to units, but in general the main issue will be price, availabity and training level setting that makes its PVP balance worse than the original game.
But we all like it, after many year's vanilla gaming, we can really use a mod like this to get some new taste.
I hope the team are still working on update the mod and fix the errors and balancing. Thanks them for this great mod QWQ

With only volunteer development and a limited playerbase it's rather difficult to balance the game even to the questionable extent that Eugen managed, but we are committed to continued improvement in this area. Perhaps we should have changed fewer things!

KIAyuyu
Private

Postby KIAyuyu » Wed 19 Feb 2020 11:02

Thanks for your reply, it definitely helped a lot for me to understand your design reasoning.
Just want to ask, is Eukie's post on 26 Aug 2019 the newest update? Or do you have another new update available on discord? Do you still update the information of the mod at Eugen Form?
And is there a link for the newest version of 1991 mod so that I don't need to download each small update, I just realized that I was playing the older version of the mod and my mod manager's auto-updater didn't work.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 19 Feb 2020 14:13

Updates on the forums aren't necessarily the latest updates, I'd recommend using the Discord for everything. We also include a slim last-patch only update on Discord.

Return to “Modding”