[MOD] Wargame: 1991

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby Eukie » Sat 14 Jul 2018 14:14

Update! Bug fixes and balance fixes!

If you've already downloaded the mod, you can upzip the file in the download link above into the XM1991 directory of the Mod Manager and relaunch.

If you haven't the download link in the first post now points to the updated installer.

ivicok
Private

Postby ivicok » Sat 14 Jul 2018 17:08

why do Czechs have "mesterlövészek"? then they should have D-442 FÚG instead of OT-65 too...

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 14 Jul 2018 17:27

ivicok wrote:why do Czechs have "mesterlövészek"? then they should have D-442 FÚG instead of OT-65 too...

The Mesterlövészek, as I'm sure you're aware, are Hungarians. Hungary wouldn't bring many interesting units to the game, sadly, but the Gepard M1 AMR would definitely be one. Czechoslovakia has been given Mesterlövészek for additional variety reasons and so that you can create a "Hungarian" deck using the Eastern Bloc coalition, but it's a waste to give them a unique transport that's an exact clone of one that already exists so they ride in Czechoslovak OT-65s instead of the properly named FÚG.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Sat 14 Jul 2018 18:55

FrangibleCover wrote:The Mesterlövészek, as I'm sure you're aware, are Hungarians. Hungary wouldn't bring many interesting units to the game, sadly, but the Gepard M1 AMR would definitely be one. Czechoslovakia has been given Mesterlövészek for additional variety reasons and so that you can create a "Hungarian" deck using the Eastern Bloc coalition, but it's a waste to give them a unique transport that's an exact clone of one that already exists so they ride in Czechoslovak OT-65s instead of the properly named FÚG.

It'd probably be a PShZ or PShZ-F and not a FÚG, in any case. Out of all the Hungarian units we could come up with, about 90% were already present on the Eastern Block: the Mesterlövészek stood out as RED's only anti-material sniper team, and was a bit too tempting not to include.

Pretend Czechoslovakia found them under them hidden under the floorboards of their OT-65s or something.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sun 15 Jul 2018 14:41

Eukie wrote:Units with unique features have these represented, including:
  • The Soviet Tor system can shoot laser-guided bombs out of the sky.
  • The IDF Keres launcher shoots anti-radiation missiles from the safety of your artillery bases, serving as ground-based SEAD
  • Nations and Coalitions with no SEAD planes can still spot enemy radars with their special ELINT units.

Why anti LGB for Tor? If you allow shoot down ARM for IDF stuff you should allow for Patriot and Tor either because they had this capability.

What are these special units?

What I really miss is arty radar for counter arty to show artys on minimap to have time to react.

Neva should be removed and converted into Krug even it has not the rigth 3D model.

Kub should have higher base ACC similar to HAWK because they are similar systems.

F-14B as strike AC is not accurate. Yes, in theory could do it but in RL never performed it similar to F-15A and F-15C.

How many people use this MOD? How can we arrange games? I really hate unicorn units...

I cab give tons of recommendations if you can such strong changes as anti LGB and ARM capability, even for make usable naval.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Sun 15 Jul 2018 16:12

Eukie wrote:...

Can u heavily reduce the amount of SF ingame? In vanilla people spam SF as frontline infantry which isn't authentic at all, and I notice there are even more SF added in your mod.

molnibalage wrote:I really hate unicorn units...

+1

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Sun 15 Jul 2018 22:29

molnibalage wrote:Why anti LGB for Tor? If you allow shoot down ARM for IDF stuff you should allow for Patriot and Tor either because they had this capability.

Tor had anti-LGB capabilities in the real world, so we decided to simulate them in the mod. There's no Patriot in the mod, so I have no idea why you're mentioning it.

molnibalage wrote:What are these special units?

For Sweden, the J32E Störlansen. For Japan, RF-4EJ KAI. For Yugoslavia, a helicopter with anti-radar optics. As for your concerns about unicorns, we've tried out best to avoid that (within reason), so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 15 Jul 2018 22:36

molnibalage wrote:Why anti LGB for Tor?

It's a stated capability of the M1 variant of the system. At the moment we're seeing how it plays in game.

If you allow shoot down ARM for IDF stuff you should allow for Patriot and Tor either because they had this capability.

You misunderstand. Keres is an Israeli developed ground-launched Standard ARM carrier. It fires ARMs at things. Currently it's not very good IMO, but it's quite interesting.

What are these special units?

I know I'm going to forget one or two, but they're units like the J 32E Störlansen, RF-4EJ Kai with the ASTAC pod, HT-40 Electronak, Mi-17Z2 or Puma HET.

What I really miss is arty radar for counter arty to show artys on minimap to have time to react.

There's not much we can do about this with modding, sadly, but you can still follow the tracers back on the map to see where artillery is firing from, which I've always suspected to be a deliberate counterbattery mechanic.

Neva should be removed and converted into Krug even it has not the rigth 3D model.

Most of the Nevas are gone, it's only been left in for Finland since they have literally no other options for long range AA. Honestly I don't see Neva as any worse than mobile HAWK, they're both a little odd to see in game but necessary to represent the AA systems of some nations.

Kub should have higher base ACC similar to HAWK because they are similar systems.

The difference is that base Kub was still in widespread service in 1991 and base HAWK was not. The newer Kub M3 is more comparable to modern HAWKs.

F-14B as strike AC is not accurate. Yes, in theory could do it but in RL never performed it similar to F-15A and F-15C.

F-14A+/B/D received special avionics including a fairly modern bombing computer. They wouldn't have added this to the aircraft if they didn't expect to use it at some point. There's otherwise not much point in having both, the F-14A is a perfectly acceptable fighter, so the Bombcats are Bombing.

How many people use this MOD? How can we arrange games? I really hate unicorn units...

Join the Discord! At the moment we've got multiple games running every European Night.

I cab give tons of recommendations if you can such strong changes as anti LGB and ARM capability, even for make usable naval.

I'm sure we'd be interested to hear them. Try the mod out a bit to get a feel for how it plays and then we can have a chat. I think you'll enjoy it, it's more like Airland Battle than vanilla.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 15 Jul 2018 22:39

Fodder wrote:Can u heavily reduce the amount of SF ingame? In vanilla people spam SF as frontline infantry which isn't authentic at all, and I notice there are even more SF added in your mod.

I honestly have no idea what you mean. A good few units have been downgraded from Elite to Shock veterancy and even more SF has been moved to the recon tab where it is quite impossible to spam them. Czechoslovakia gained a brand new Infantry Elite team but overall numbers have probably reduced somewhat with the '75 variants of everything disappearing.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Mon 16 Jul 2018 00:47

FrangibleCover wrote:I honestly have no idea what you mean. A good few units have been downgraded from Elite to Shock veterancy and even more SF has been moved to the recon tab where it is quite impossible to spam them. Czechoslovakia gained a brand new Infantry Elite team but overall numbers have probably reduced somewhat with the '75 variants of everything disappearing.

After removing all the '75 SF, SF spam has die down, but can you still reduce the amount of SF even more but not remove them? Because realistically SF and dedicated recon don't belong in wargame but I know flavor is important.

FrangibleCover wrote: mobile HAWK, a little odd to see in game

Its not odd its out of place like all heavy SAMs are, but SP-HAWK is even more strange because only 3 were built in 1969 and retire as soon as it enter service.

FrangibleCover wrote: RF-4EJ Kai

Are these planes suppose to be EWA planes or recon? Why does it have binoculars?

molnibalage wrote:What I really miss is arty radar for counter arty to show artys on minimap to have time to react.

I think arty radars and all other radars are abstract, thats why u can see the artys shells being launch from there exact location
Last edited by Fodder on Mon 16 Jul 2018 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modding”