[MOD] Wargame: 1991

molnibalage
General

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby molnibalage » Tue 17 Jul 2018 11:57

Markenzwieback wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Can you make range dependent the tube arty dispersion?

If there is one thing you don't have to worry about in this mod, its tube arty effectiveness of even the lower priced variants. :twisted:

What changes have been made?

IMHO tank base ACC values should be lowered at 2000 m range with high veterancy should be only about 65%.

The ATGM base ACC values are also strange. I never was able to understood why can have TOW so high base ACC while the USSR made SACLOS ATGMs have much, much lower. I checked some ATGMs yesterday. I saw buff of Swingfire to 55% and AP buff for TOW2 and different TOW2 variants and better Sturm and Ataka. A part of these is good but maybe OP. I have to play with the MOD but I cannot do earlier than Wednesday against human player.

As I see many times ATGMs can do now one hit = one kill.
Has been changed the [KE] AP mechanics? Or this requires code changes?
Also is very strange the 1 AP (!) difference between US 105 mm and 120 mm gun. I know about the better APFSDS shell than M833 family (M900) but I doubt the difference was so small.

This could be a wonderful mod but It needs lots of work and minor (?) adjustments.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Tue 17 Jul 2018 15:15

molnibalage wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Can you make range dependent the tube arty dispersion?

If there is one thing you don't have to worry about in this mod, its tube arty effectiveness of even the lower priced variants. :twisted:

What changes have been made?

Aim time reductions mainly. Lower priced howitzers (even 122mm ones) therefore have become quite useful.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 17 Jul 2018 15:37

Markenzwieback wrote:Aim time reductions mainly. Lower priced howitzers (even 122mm ones) therefore have become quite useful.

Good news but my problem is the simple link between caliber and aim time. RL is simply different but if they are usable is a good news.

What I have seen the 2x8 missiles for the Tor. Does this mean it carry twice as the RL qty...? So after Tor-M1 launched 8 missiles against air planes still can launch against LGB? It would be better simply remove both Tor and 2K22s either.

Yes, in real life AH-64A with AGM-114 outranged in 1991 all USSR SHORAD units because even the Osa-AKM had against low level helos only 6,5 km range (min level 10-25 m) while AGM-114 max. range is 8 km.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 17 Jul 2018 17:13

Problem with tank base ACC values trough T-62.

In ALB 2100 m and 2275 m gun range tanks with lower base ACC generally ensured the capability of long range engagements but with low CTH especially with lower morale. Only a very few very advanced tanks had 50-55% base ACC but with high veterancy their per card availability was very low.

In RD tanks with 50-70% base ACC + veterancy can have 65-80% base ACC against moving target even both target and the attacker is moving at their max range. Rather the "S-curve" with very low initial CTH in RL the CTH curve starts in RD 40% for T-62 (red line above) at 1925 m and 65-80% at 2275 m for best tanks. Just imagine a similar curve which starts at 65-80% for best tanks at 2275. This is pure fantasy.

This simply means very strong over modelling because target many times moves. IMHO units rather be generally under modelled a bit to have not instantly ending head or tail type engagements. This is why I liked much better ALB because it simply leaded less range engagements and ATGMs were more useful because of their range and base ACC. In RD except best ATGMs rest is simply useless because of the insane and endless base ACC buffs of tanks.

The issue is more serious that speed of tanks is much more upscaled comparing to ATGM speed. Fastest tanks many times can reach 2275 m gun range against 2625 m range ATGM before the launched ATGM hit the target. In RL such proportional range difference this is simply impossible...

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 17 Jul 2018 17:36

Do you plan anything with naval part of RD?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 17 Jul 2018 19:35

A great mod, disliked only by cowards and knaves.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 18 Jul 2018 00:16

Guggy wrote:A great mod, disliked only by cowards and knaves.

I'm sorry to hear you don't like it :P
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Wed 18 Jul 2018 02:24

molnibalage wrote:Do you plan anything with naval part of RD?

We've floated the idea several times, though currently it's a low priority while we're working on the core air-land features.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 18 Jul 2018 10:55

Eukie wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Do you plan anything with naval part of RD?

We've floated the idea several times, though currently it's a low priority while we're working on the core air-land features.

Rgr.

Yesterday I was able to play one against AI with USA against USSR with sorting out the OOTF units on red side (2K22 and Tor). I felt closer the game to ALB but felt some imbalance between sides but were things what I liked.

• USA has very, very powerful ATGMs comparing to even USSR. 30 AP and 25 AP ATGMs are abundant while on USSR side only a very few 23+ ATGM is available. Konkurs-M is not available on BMPs. Why? Red minors as I see have even weaker ATGMs.
  • The Sturm/Ataka can use ATGM against non vehicle targets because it has HE. Why is this feature unique for this ATGM?
  • Balancing tanks with HP + AP seems to me a good idea to model this way the reactive armour.
  • I like the new recon units especially the sniper for USA. Finally a superpower can have sniper recon.
  • The different tank AP/AV + HP and pricing somehow seemed to me better. Now three cheap tanks (~60 CP) can deal with best tanks (~150+ CP) against USSR but with heavy losses. This is big difference comparing to vanilla RD where best tanks cannot be killed even x2 second best tanks at long or very long range.
  • The USSR and USA seems to me so powerful that make pointless to play with other nations because they are simply not competitive especially France. It does not have simply usable tank. The AIR tab of USA now is very powerful and the AIM-120 capable F-15C makes the queen of the sky. USA has many different and usable platforms.
  • USSR does not have MIG-29 9.12 and both is used in AG role? Why? In RL from 3 sq. of MiG-29 was assigned to nuclear strike role in HUN but not for non nuclear strike platform. At least of of the MiG-29 should be cheaper alternative besides the Su-27S.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:12

molnibalage wrote:USA has very, very powerful ATGMs comparing to even USSR. 30 AP and 25 AP ATGMs are abundant while on USSR side only a very few 23+ ATGM is available. Konkurs-M is not available on BMPs. Why? Red minors as I see have even weaker ATGMs.

While the US was fond of their very heavy ATGM platforms and exported them to most of their allies, the USSR developed few equivalent weapons.

molnibalage wrote:The Sturm/Ataka can use ATGM against non vehicle targets because it has HE. Why is this feature unique for this ATGM?

It's not. The Jyu-MAT has the same capability, for one.

molnibalage wrote:The USSR and USA seems to me so powerful that make pointless to play with other nations because they are simply not competitive especially France.

France is doing pretty well, actually. While we've done our best to give capability-upgrades to each nation, in the end the US and USSR are always going to play pretty high, and we're still working on perfecting the balance, which'll probably involve coalitions in some way.

Return to “Modding”