[MOD] Wargame: 1991

molnibalage
General

Re: [MOD] Wargame: 1991

Postby molnibalage » Wed 18 Jul 2018 12:55

Eukie wrote:It's not. The Jyu-MAT has the same capability, for one.

What is the determining factor to give this capability for specific ATGMs?
(So far I checked NATO members - except AIR tab - because to me WG universe = NATO vs WPACT.)

molnibalage wrote:The USSR and USA seems to me so powerful that make pointless to play with other nations because they are simply not competitive especially France.

France is doing pretty well, actually. While we've done our best to give capability-upgrades to each nation, in the end the US and USSR are always going to play pretty high, and we're still working on perfecting the balance, which'll probably involve coalitions in some way.

Maybe with more AP restrictions. Has been considered to give extra slot bonus for national decks? Is it possible?

OFF
How can be easily change the ACC values for units. I would like to test the game with lower tank gun base ACC values.
ON

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Wed 18 Jul 2018 14:41

molnibalage wrote:(So far I checked NATO members - except AIR tab - because to me WG universe = NATO vs WPACT.)

With 11 non-NATO/PACT nations in the mod, it would probably help me greatly if you had a look at them.
Last edited by Eukie on Wed 18 Jul 2018 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 18 Jul 2018 15:51

Eukie wrote:
molnibalage wrote:What is the determining factor to give this capability for specific ATGMs?

With 11 non-NATO/PACT nations in the mod, it would probably help me greatly if you had a look at them.

I will check them then post the list.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Wed 18 Jul 2018 17:48

I really meant you should check out the whole mod before picking at inconsistencies you can't possibly know if are inconsistencies or not.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 18 Jul 2018 21:50

Eukie wrote:I really meant you should check out the whole mod before picking at inconsistencies you can't possibly know if are inconsistencies or not.

To me is inconsistency that some ATMG can be used as HE weapon and some not reagardless their similar size. What was the reason? "Just because"?

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Wed 18 Jul 2018 21:58

molnibalage wrote:
Eukie wrote:I really meant you should check out the whole mod before picking at inconsistencies you can't possibly know if are inconsistencies or not.

To me is inconsistency that some ATMG can be used as HE weapon and some not reagardless their similar size. What was the reason? "Just because"?

You started asking questions about why only one ATGM in the game had HE warheads before you'd even looked at all ATGMs in the game. Please, I implore you, before you start picking at the details at least actually take a look through the armoury. A good third of all the units aren't in NATO/PACT countries.

I am willing to answer reasonable questions but I am not willing to answer ones born of laziness or deliberate ignorance.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 19 Jul 2018 00:37

Eukie wrote:
I am willing to answer reasonable questions but I am not willing to answer ones born of laziness or deliberate ignorance.

Ignorance...? You still have not answered what RL capability determined this. I'm not able to find any factor why can have HE certain ATGMs and why cannot have another.

• In Falkland Milan ATGMs were used to destroy some fortified MG nest because ARG did not have any armor. In the MOD Milan does not have HE. So RL usage is not a factor.
  • The old 17HE JAP ATGM has HE but other old ATGMs do not have while the more advanced USSR ATGM has HE. ---> Age/era is not a factor while
    [[/list]

So? What is the factor? Unless you do not explain even I asked my only guess is "just because". Rather being some kind of "educator" a simple answer could help...

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 19 Jul 2018 00:45

molnibalage wrote:

(So far I checked NATO members - except AIR tab - because to me WG universe = NATO vs WPACT.)

The determining factor, since it was the question, is the presence of a dedicated HE version of the missile. Kokon has a thermobaric variant and Jyu-MAT has an "anti-landing craft" HE variant. If you know of any other ATGMs with similar capabilities I'm sure we'd love to hear about them.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Thu 19 Jul 2018 00:58

FrangibleCover wrote:
molnibalage wrote:

The determining factor, since it was the question, is the presence of a dedicated HE version of the missile. Kokon has a thermobaric variant and Jyu-MAT has an "anti-landing craft" HE variant. If you know of any other ATGMs with similar capabilities I'm sure we'd love to hear about them.

Rgr.

Does it have the Milan? Because in RL was used without any modifications as well as plain RPG-7. Eugen did not give HE values non AT teams to avoid to be OP RPG capable inf to rest of general inf.

But giving long range 5HE missile is maybe not a balanced idea.

Is Ataka always was so fast? I used very long time ago Ataka capable helo but in the mod I saw how fast it is. With 2800 m range is a real tank killer on open field in long range engagements.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 19 Jul 2018 01:08

molnibalage wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The determining factor, since it was the question, is the presence of a dedicated HE version of the missile. Kokon has a thermobaric variant and Jyu-MAT has an "anti-landing craft" HE variant. If you know of any other ATGMs with similar capabilities I'm sure we'd love to hear about them.

Rgr.

Does it have the Milan? Because in RL was used without any modifications as well as plain RPG-7. Eugen did not give HE values non AT teams to avoid to be OP RPG capable inf to rest of general inf.

But giving long range 5HE missile is maybe not a balanced idea.

MILAN certainly wouldn't merit 5HE, it's considerably smaller than Kokon or Jyu-MAT is and doesn't have a dedicated HE warhead. I view the use as a bunker buster in the Falklands as a special case, British light infantry units were plentifully equipped with MILAN and knew that the only vehicles on the Falklands were some AML-90s around Stanley that would be quite unable to navigate the terrain. Therefore there's a choice between using your MILAN teams as infantry (wasteful in terms of men and training), having them sit on their tods for the duration of the campaign (wasteful of supplies and good troops) or try to bunker bust with ATGMs (only wasteful of materiel, most of which wasn't going to be yomped all the way to Stanley anyway). In a mechanised meeting engagement like Wargame represents every MILAN is going to be fired at an AFV.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Return to “Modding”