Please help! with BGManager

parkold
Private

Please help! with BGManager

Postby parkold » Wed 20 Feb 2019 18:01

error.png
error.png (856.35 KiB) Viewed 387 times

when i finish every battle in the game, it crashed before the after action report.
i used the BGManager to modify my campaign, i had added units in battlegroups, edit the cohesion and the moral, the mobility of the bg, changed their country.
someone know why this occur and how to fix it?
(also, i dont know much about coding and modding)

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Re: Please help! with BGManager

Postby Sireyn » Mon 25 Feb 2019 04:45

This seems to be a common problem when editing campaigns. If you used the pawn export function, this likely is causing crashing, but many things could be causing it.

One way to help reset the campaign is to export a vanilla copy of the campaign data from the NDF_Win and replace your modded copy. In my experience, this will reset all of the values except for text descriptions and unit compositions.

1. First, within the Modding Suite, look at the Settings and make sure you have your export path set correctly.
2. Open a vanilla NDF in the Modding Suite and filter the results by the name of the campaign, such as "narod" for Climb Mount Narodnaya.
3. Click on each item and export it using the Raw Data button at the top left.
4. Open your modded NDF in the Modding Suite and filter the results in the same way as before
5. Click on each item and replace it with the exported data, making sure to match the files correctly.

parkold
Private

Postby parkold » Wed 27 Feb 2019 17:54

does it mean i have to reset my campaign to avoid the crash?
could you give some me some example about the reason of causing the crash?

Sireyn
First Sergeant

Postby Sireyn » Thu 28 Feb 2019 00:30

parkold wrote:does it mean i have to reset my campaign to avoid the crash?
could you give some me some example about the reason of causing the crash?

It won't reset everything in your campaign. I recently used this method to fix crashing for my Climb Mount Narodnaya. It was crashing whenever it was launched, unless another campaign had been started first. Then it would crash after a battle or on the AI's turn. I couldn't figure out the cause, so I resorted to resetting these files. It did not reset unit compositions and descriptions, but did reset things like unit costs, positions, and AI objectives.

I don't know of any other specific causes for crashing other than use of the pawn replacer function. Some campaigns are less stable than others, with Narodnaya being a more difficult one, so you may want to proceed cautiously.

parkold
Private

Postby parkold » Fri 1 Mar 2019 19:26

got it! i will try it later.
thank you very much! :mrgreen: :D

Return to “Modding”