Need help removing feature via modding suite

redarmy45
Private

Need help removing feature via modding suite

Postby redarmy45 » Mon 25 Mar 2019 12:56

Hi all im totally new to modding WG RD,but iv modded a few things in the modding suite and now only want to mod one more thing but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.

What im trying to do is to remove the RED/BLUE opacity from units when they enter forests or hedgerows/marshed in the game.

I realise this will not allow me to see which units are detected or not,but its just VS AI...and they are all seeing anyway lol.

If anyone knows where i find this value and can disable it in modding suite please let me know.

cheers all

Sireyn
Sergeant Major

Re: Need help removing feature via modding suite

Postby Sireyn » Sun 28 Apr 2019 02:01

I realize this reply is a month late, but I did look into it when I first read your post. I've had some computer issues and only just now got up and running again.

Under NDF_Win > Everything, search for TBase_Apparence_Constante and TParamShaderModifier_Constante. I cannot remember which value was which exactly, but it shouldn't be hard to trial and error. Good luck.

redarmy45
Private

Re: Need help removing feature via modding suite

Postby redarmy45 » Tue 18 Jun 2019 16:05

Sireyn wrote:I realize this reply is a month late, but I did look into it when I first read your post. I've had some computer issues and only just now got up and running again.

Under NDF_Win > Everything, search for TBase_Apparence_Constante and TParamShaderModifier_Constante. I cannot remember which value was which exactly, but it shouldn't be hard to trial and error. Good luck.

thanks man

i already dabbled to hell an back in these two areas before,i revisited them since i saw your post,but for the life of me i cannot get it to work.Best i could do was to turn vehicles invisible in forests...

theres no clear way to do it as messing with paramaters yields hundreds of possible options in multiple drop down menus respectively.In attempting,i actually broke the game and had to validate files,loosing all the other changes i had succesfully made to units.

Is there any way you could explain more indepth?Iv no clue what i need to tweak.

Return to “Modding”