what mod to use to mod campaign

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

what mod to use to mod campaign

Postby Zomba69 » Sat 2 Nov 2019 22:55

because SD2 is so undone...

I am thinking to make new campaign mod using existing mods, but I am not sure which one to use:

Wargame:1991 - I could just redo existing campaigns, could be fun

Wargame: Airland Dragon - same

Ash and Shadows - I have not played this one for ages, but with new timeline and new nations it could be some alternative history stuff..like final middle east solution or rise of the cartel

Have no idea what to with the navy in any case (just to ignore it with autoresolve?)

I will do me a campaign, but any suggestions are great

Sireyn
Sergeant Major

Re: what mod to use to mod campaign

Postby Sireyn » Sun 3 Nov 2019 18:32

Sounds interesting. Keep in mind that some mods are continuing to be developed, so updating may become an issue.

What level of scope and polish do you intend for whatever scenario you want to create?
What do you know the most about, historically, doctrinally, and technologically?

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Mon 4 Nov 2019 14:59

Sireyn wrote:Sounds interesting. Keep in mind that some mods are continuing to be developed, so updating may become an issue.

What level of scope and polish do you intend for whatever scenario you want to create?
What do you know the most about, historically, doctrinally, and technologically?

I'm aware about updates, I dont intend to try to update campaign mod, but you can still play it with older versions of mod.

I would like to get interesting gameplay, do totale overhaul of 1 campaign, either existing one, either some new scenario in alternative history.

Sireyn
Sergeant Major

Postby Sireyn » Mon 4 Nov 2019 20:11

With the nations available, the theme of the tactical maps, and the geography of the strategic maps, scenario options are limited if you want a very high level of polish. Here are a few ideas I think are doable.

- China takes over Taiwan in a surprise attack. NATO responds. (Taiwan isn't an available nation, so they need to be out of the picture)
- A follow-up to Climb Mount Narodnaya, either from the NATO or Soviet perspective. (Soviet island hopping / NATO attacks Vladivostok)
- WW3 begins and the Soviets push into the Middle East. (Defense of Israel / NATO defense of Saudi Arabia / Attack as Soviets)

If you don't care about the tactical and strategic maps, you have a lot more to work with.

- Yugoslavia vs USSR
- Finnish Winter War 2
- Post-WW3 chaos after nuclear war; strategic cohesion broken down and individual formations continue fighting. (Always liked that campaign from European Escalation)

Zomba69
Master Sergeant

Postby Zomba69 » Tue 5 Nov 2019 12:15

Lot of cool ideas! I was thinking something about middle east. I am trying out present Ash&Shadow 2KW campaign and it is interesting (but quite easy)

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Wed 6 Nov 2019 05:58

I would love to see Guggy's rework of the 2nd Korean War campaign redone, since he's apparently gone on indefinite hiatus and the mod itself is broken.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Modding”