Who had "Carriers in Wargame" for November?

NAP
Private

Who had "Carriers in Wargame" for November?

Postby NAP » Tue 3 Nov 2020 01:06

Aircraft carriers are able to be added to Wargame.

A few months back, Phlogis from the 1991 mod team had some fun taking the model of the C-5 from the Climb Mount Narodnaya campaign and adding it to the hangar. A friend of mine noticed it on the reddit.

Considering this, I wondered about the aircraft carriers. They were really neat in the campaigns, and I'd love something other than unbalanced missile ranges to spice up naval. Turns out, they work.

Admiral Kuznetsov works, full stop. She's a beautiful model. I applied her to the Muna, and once to the Udaloy II.

I also sank her, as an Udaloy II in this instance, the first carrier battle in Wargame history. November 1st, 2020, a date which will live in infamy.

I'm just gonna dump another few pictures.

Yes, that's Ark Royal in one of those.

In total, we have Foch, Ark Royal, USS Belleau Wood, USS Nimitz, Kuznetsov, and the C-5 Galaxy. Unfortunately, the IL-76 does not seem to work at all.

Ark Royal!

The C-5 Galaxy!

Currently, I have modified the CH-47 with the help of Phlogis from the 1991 mod into a C-5, and have modified it to be able to carry things like M270. I might make a full mod out of this, but most of this wasn't really that hard to do.

Kuznetsov works really well. All of the other carrier models are crash bait. You do NOT want to replace the hi res model of an LCU or Muna with Ark Royal, Foch, Belleau Wood, or Nimitz. It'll just crash. You can only replace the ones that render at longer distances for those boats, but it looks really nice anyways. Damaging the vessels beyond 50% health is always a crash, but Kuznetsov, fully functional, can sink and remain a corpse without crashing the game. This is super neat. 2020.

Sireyn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Who had "Carriers in Wargame" for November?

Postby Sireyn » Mon 9 Nov 2020 07:04

Nice! I experimented with this at about the same time a few months ago but didn't go beyond proof of concept. Glad to see you are going for a full implementation.

NAP
Private

Re: Who had "Carriers in Wargame" for November?

Postby NAP » Wed 18 Nov 2020 21:55

I'm going to make it into a mod, but I'm going to be leaving for half a year relatively soon. I wanted to announce, vaguely, that it was going to happen, and that it's feasible to do, before I took that time.

Return to “Modding”