I wrote a program running on Windows (.NET), that can remotely control a server. Technically speaking it is just a GUI to change server-settings (like "ServerName", or "Map"), but without needing to type in the cryptic commands ("setsvar ServerName TestName", "setsvar Map Destruction_4x4_Marine_6").
There are (or at least should be) all available commands implemented, so you can entirely control the settings of the server right now. Nevertheless there are still some points to do and I plan to implement more features step by step.
The choice to write this tool in .NET and therefore making it only Windows-User available, was made, because I'm using .NET at work right now and saw this tool as an exercise to learn more about C#, WPF and MVVM.
If you encounter any problem, bug, crash, or just have some ideas for new neat functions, just post here and I will see, what i can do.
Special thanks to bin.zwieda, who offered to test the (closed) beta and gave tons of useful feedback to me. It helped me a lot.
Wolfs Wargame RCON:
- Send all available RCON-Commands comfortably via Buttons, Check- and Comboboxes
- Entered settings get saved
- Custom Command possible, if anything is missing or has a wrong behaviour
- Response from server to commands is displayed
- Connect to local server or remotely via internet
- Choose map from a list with players, description, game mode and a preview image (images from this thread)
- Search for maps available (Shortcut Ctrl+F), every entered word looks for hits in any column
- Get playerlist with all connected players
- Kick or ban via rightclick on specific user
You use this program at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage caused by this program.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qgoz2 ... 9+Beta.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u57hr ... 8+Beta.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1861o ... 7_Beta.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/liyav ... 6+Beta.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/660g3 ... 5_Beta.exe
You can scan the program for any viruses with your Antivir, I used an online scanner and got zero negative results:
- Implemented custom ban duration
- Custom sort for maps (10vs10 is now at the end, and not after 1vs1)
- Preview added for Gjoll
- Slower scrolling within the maps section
Changelog 0.8 Beta:
Changelog 0.7 Beta:
- Fixed bug with wrong game-mode settings
- Size of output textbox is now changeable
- Added a checkbox, so you can disable overriding the game name when you connect to the server
- Added simple errorhandling, so you get a message box, if an error occurs. Doesn't solve the error, but helps me (or maybe even you) to know what went wrong.
- Changing team size now influences "delta max team", "max team" and "min team"
- Changed the "Start Server Manually"-Checkbox. If it is set, the minimum players are set to the teamsize + 1 (e.g. 5vs5 results in minimum players of 11). If the checkbox is not set, the user can change it manually to a value smaller / equal to the teamsize. If a value bigger than the teamsize is chosen, then it results in automatically checking the "Start Server Manually"-Checkbox, because the server will not start automatically with these settings.
- Fixed a bug that crashed the tool, in case you choose a dropdown entry with a whitespace in its name (thanks to "The W:AB Noob" for reporting this bug)
- The Game mode (e.g. "Conquest") now appears in the map filter after startup or after changing the game mode. The Reason behind this is, that most of the time the appropriate map is played (because of layout, points, etc.), and now you don't have to enter the game mode manually all the time
- The playerlist now has no context menu for kicking and banning if the server is empty
- The playerlist automatically refresh nows after a player was kicked / banned
- Tool-Settings are now independent of the version, so that you don't have to enter all the settings again, after an update
- Victory conditions are now send after connecting to a server, too. I removed it because it caused a bug in an earlier server-version. This seems to be fixed now
Changelog Beta 0.6:
- Added launch / cancel_launch commands
- Added checkbox to quickly set the server to "start manually"
- Trying to connect to the server a second time crashes the tool
- Context-Menu for kicking / banning is always visible, even without a joined player
Prioritized Todo List 07.09.2014:
- Exception handling (implemented in 0.8)
- Banning with ban-duration (implemented in 0.9)
- Improve sorting and filtering for maps (f.e. 10vs10 is sorted before 1vs1) (implemented in 0.9)
- Variable size for the output-box, generally improving behavior of box(implemented in 0.8)
- Implementing "Launch" and "Launch Cancel" functions (implemented in 0.6)
- Integrate an option to connect to the server without overriding the settings (implemented in 0.8)
- Force player in playerlist to join different team
- Individually select settings which are sent to the server on connect
- Add possibility to save server settings to comfortably switch between different servers
- Maybe adding the possibility to be connected to different servers at the same time
- Implement automatic ping to detect if the connection got lost
- No context menu and no kick/ban if playerlist is empty (implemented in 0.7)
- Transferable settings for each version (implemented in 0.7)
- Rework of map-selection-design, maybe extra column for naval / mixed, etc.
- Multi-Language support for maps, maybe just with different descriptions, or more sophisticated via selectable columns
- Implement some color-design, maybe rework button design, background image, etc.
- Add specific tooltips for some commands
I hope there are some people out there (beside of bin.zwieda ), who can use this tool and I would be glad, if you leave some feedback about your user experience (good and bad).
Thanks and have fun!