aye aye, sir!
PM on it´s way!
8-)

Mogwaii
Private

Re: [Tool] Wolfs Wargame RCON

Postby Mogwaii » Sat 5 Jul 2014 20:12

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you on behalf of a friend of me who has completed the installation of a dedicated server and was able to do thanks to your many contributions and other exchanges.

Thank you again and
Enjoy the game,

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Mon 7 Jul 2014 20:52

you are very welcome!

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 9 Jul 2014 01:52

Ok, total noob over here. Running a server was a dream though. I have a few questions...

Am I supposed to put the .exe anywhere specific?
Date constraints seem to crash the program.
How do I get my RCON port and password?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: income crashes the program too
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

GeneralWolf
Corporal

Postby GeneralWolf » Wed 9 Jul 2014 09:07

No, you don't have to put the .exe at any specific place.

But, you are completely right, the game crashes if you change date constraint, I will investigate this bug and fix it (you can keep changing the constraint via the custom command).
The income rate worked fine for me though.

The RCON port and password are set while you host your server. Just add "+rcon_password 1234 +rcon_port 12345" to your command to start the server and you will set the RCON password to 1234 and the port to 12345.

Hope I was able to help you a little bit.
German streaming:
http://www.twitch.tv/Generalwolf88
German Youtube channel with casts and strategy analyses:
https://www.youtube.com/user/GeneralWolf88

The 88 is btw my birth year and only chosen, if GeneralWolf already is taken ;)

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 9 Jul 2014 14:27

GeneralWolf wrote:No, you don't have to put the .exe at any specific place.

But, you are completely right, the game crashes if you change date constraint, I will investigate this bug and fix it (you can keep changing the constraint via the custom command).
The income rate worked fine for me though.

The RCON port and password are set while you host your server. Just add "+rcon_password 1234 +rcon_port 12345" to your command to start the server and you will set the RCON password to 1234 and the port to 12345.

Hope I was able to help you a little bit.

Thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately, I am still having problems. The 1234 thing did not work even with the custom command, the program read 1234 as an actual port. I was finally able to find a port for my computer, but I have no idea where to get the password from. :?
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

GeneralWolf
Corporal

Postby GeneralWolf » Wed 9 Jul 2014 15:01

I think you are confusing some things. You have to add the port and password when you start your server. You start your server normally via this command at your linux machine. where the server is hosted:
./wargame3-server +port XXXX +port_mms 10804 +ip YY.YY.YY.YY

Now you augment this command with the RCON port and password:
./wargame3-server +port XXXX +port_mms 10804 +ip YY.YY.YY.YY +rcon_port 12345 +rcon_password abc

So you set yourself which port is used and which password is needed. These information (port 12345 and password abc) are now used with in my program, so you can connect to your server.
German streaming:

GeneralWolf
Corporal

Postby GeneralWolf » Sat 26 Jul 2014 14:20

Finally I got some time today, so I decided to work a little bit on the tool.
Here is the changelog:
Changelog:
  • Changing team size now influences "delta max team", "max team" and "min team"
  • Changed the "Start Server Manually"-Checkbox. If it is set, the minimum players are set to the teamsize + 1 (e.g. 5vs5 results in minimum players of 11). If the checkbox is not set, the user can change it manually to a value smaller / equal to the teamsize. If a value bigger than the teamsize is chosen, then it results in automatically checking the "Start Server Manually"-Checkbox, because the server will not start automatically with these settings.
  • Fixed a bug that crashed the tool, in case you choose a dropdown entry with a whitespace in its name (thanks to "The W:AB Noob" for reporting this bug)
  • The Game mode (e.g. "Conquest") now appears in the map filter after startup or after changing the game mode. The Reason behind this is, that most of the time the appropriate map is played (because of layout, points, etc.), and now you don't have to enter the game mode manually all the time
  • The playerlist now has no context menu for kicking and banning if the server is empty
  • The playerlist automatically refresh nows after a player was kicked / banned
  • Tool-Settings are now independent of the version, so that you don't have to enter all the settings again, after an update
  • Victory conditions are now send after connecting to a server, too. I removed it because it caused a bug in an earlier server-version. This seems to be fixed now

Because of my little time, I was only able to perform some small tests, so please report any bugs (and be patient, if there is one :D).

@bin.zwieda:
Please let me know, if the changes to the "Start Server Manually"-Checkbox are incorrect.

Download link to the new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1861ow6rg0vf9l9/Wolfs_Wargame_RCON_-_0.7_Beta.exe

I will update the first post, too.
German streaming:

bflance
Corporal

Postby bflance » Sun 7 Sep 2014 13:36

Hi,

first of all thanx for this wonderful tool!
me and my friends are using it heavily and its very nice and saves ALOT of time.
also interface is very simple and easy to use.

i would like to add some thoughts for improvements of this tool.

- when i launch the tool and clock on 'connect' button, the tool will automaticly "push" all defined settings in it on first connection to the server
and thus overwriting any original settings on the server.
this is especially problematic when you have setup a server name and then you connect and the servername automaticly gets changed to what you
had previously set up in the tool.
for example:
1. in my tool i set server name "[MyClan] Tactical #1"
2. i connect to server number 1 (on port 1001)
3. The server1 will get all settings from tool immediatly after connection.
4. then i change port to 1002 and click connect.
5. now server2 will immediatly get all SAME settings as server1 - unless i change settings IN THE TOOL prior to connection.

if its possible, add a feature to connect in "read-only" at first, and then by enabling "modification/write" you can push the settings from tool > server.
or at least "lock" the "server name" field by default, so that server4 wont get the name of server1 just becouse you forgot to change that in the tool.

anyway,

thanx again for a good work :D

cheers
Benjamin
Admin of [rppk] servers cluster on wargame-eu.

GeneralWolf
Corporal

Postby GeneralWolf » Sun 7 Sep 2014 15:40

Hey,

thanks for the feedback, its always appreciated.
As I have not much time at time moment, I can't push the updates I'd like to do, but your suggestions will be added to the todo list :)

The problem with the "read-only"-connect is, that I actually can't read the server settings. If I would be able to ask the server what settings it has, I would load them into the tool, because it makes much more sense. But as there is no command (that I know of) to read the settings, thats the solution I chose.
So, what I could do, but would lead to some confusion I guess is, that you connect, but don't push the settings to the server. The problem is, that you probably have different settings on your server, than displayed in the tool. So there is a big possibility, that you think, you have (for example) hosted a 5vs5, but in reality its a 4vs4.
That's the reason, why I chose the solution as it is right now.

The only other option I have in mind is, that you use a variables.txt that is accessible with both Linux and Windows, so I can read it out and load these settings into the tool. But I'm afraid, that most of the people don't have that opportunity (me, for example :D).

So, what I wanted to say: I can implement the feature to connect to a server without pushing the settings from the tool to the server, but I'm afraid this leads to more games hosted with wrong settings, because you don't doublecheck server and tool settings :?

And thanks again, feedback is always appreciated 8-)
German streaming:

Return to “Dedicated Server”