Preventing people joining Full teams

bflance
Corporal

Preventing people joining Full teams

Postby bflance » Mon 15 Sep 2014 09:20

Hi Guys,

I think this questions/request is mainly for developers, since i think that there is a bug with this..
Basicly in game lobby people can switch team even if the opposing team is already full, thus making uneven teams.

i know there is that setting, DeltaMaxTeamSize, and i have tried to set it to'0' or to size of max team size (if max team size is 5 players, thenDeltaMaxTeamSize=5).

it doesnt seem to work.

we constantly have to kick people that join full team.

please... assist with this.

thanx

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Preventing people joining Full teams

Postby bin.zwieda » Mon 15 Sep 2014 21:02

plz try the following:

stop your server (shutdown)
adjust variables.ini (maxteamsize and deltamaxteamsize to the same value!)
start your server
do not change any paramaters anymore

if you need changes, stop the server, (re)adjust variables.ini, start your server

this may seem awkward, i know, but try it.

i always did it this way since ALB-servers came out and never ever had the problems, you mentioned.
on the other hand, i know, this may occur, if you change one of the parameters for a running server.

give it a try... it really should work in the desired way.
(like: set a password, setup your server, start server, invite your buddies to fill your team on the desired side; if all are in, deactivate the password and allow public/random/other users to enter... those ONLY are able to join "the other side" and never your team, which has no empty slots left)

bflance
Corporal

Postby bflance » Tue 16 Sep 2014 17:02

thanx,

i will try that

the problem is of course that we use teamspeak to setup our team and often team size changes on the fly, so i need to change the MaxTeamSize on demand on running server.

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Tue 16 Sep 2014 18:33

i know what you mean, we have the very same situation on our servers.

to really solve your issue, do it like suggested, it will work and save a lot of nerves, as you won´t need to kick unwanted players on your side over and over again...
;)

[Eug]Stof
Sergeant Major

Postby [Eug]Stof » Thu 18 Sep 2014 12:57

Hi,

There is indeed an issue with MaxTeamSize and DeltaMaxTeamSize. We've found out that if you set DeltaMaxTeamSize to 0 (to disable the feature), the server will completely ignore the MaxTeamSize setting and act as if there's no limit. You can work around that issue simply by setting DeltaMaxTeamSize to a huge value instead of 0.

As for the report that changing the settings after start is causing the same issue, we'll investigate the problem.

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Thu 18 Sep 2014 18:38

hi stof!

thx for the feedback!

Return to “Dedicated Server”