[Tool] Looter's Wargame Tools

Looter
Sergeant

[Tool] Looter's Wargame Tools

Postby Looter » Fri 31 Oct 2014 07:30

Since getting a dedicated server, I have come across a need for a variety of different tools to help make managing the server easier on me. I plan on creating these tools in node and making them open source on my github, and ill keep this thread updated with links to the tools. I will keep install instructions on the README's of the tools themselves as I think that will be easier to maintain, but if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post in the thread.

Planned Tools: Server-wrapper for wargame's dedicated server that can manage its lifetime, configuration and map rotation via json config. Web-instance that will pipe the output of the server-wrapper and an instance of wargame-rcon to a secured, password protected web page on the VPS of the dedicated server that will allow for visual server management of recorded replays, configuration, logs, lifetime, admins and bans, and there is the possibility for some server-plugin type functionality here as well as wargames server seems to have alot of get/set commands that are useful for clients.

The first tool I have created so far is wargame-rcon, a simple command-line interface that will connect to wargame servers and let you issue rcon commands.

wargame-rcon
github: https://github.com/looterz/wargame-rcon
npm.js: https://www.npmjs.org/package/wargame-rcon

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Re: Looter's Wargame Tools

Postby RedDevilCG » Fri 31 Oct 2014 08:25

Nice! This might actually let a total moron like me run a server some day. :lol:

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Looter's Wargame Tools

Postby bin.zwieda » Fri 31 Oct 2014 14:59

hey, sounds extremely interesting!
really looking forward to it!

Return to “Dedicated Server”