Having an issue says: bash: +port: command not found

Fr33Th1nk3r
Sergeant First-Class

Having an issue says: bash: +port: command not found

Postby Fr33Th1nk3r » Tue 13 Sep 2016 17:25

Update: I got the server working, but I can't see it in the server browser.
Last edited by Fr33Th1nk3r on Mon 19 Sep 2016 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Re: Having an issue says: bash: +port: command not found

Postby MadMantiz » Tue 13 Sep 2016 18:17

Make sure you use a 32bit OS for your virtual machine. I think you should be able to get it to work with 64bit by fiddling a bit, but I just installed a 32 bit VM instead when I faced the same problem.

Edit: Just a note that if you get the server working, you will still not be able to connect to your own game if you play on a computer behind the same router (but other players will). In order for this to work, you also need to enable NAT Loopback or something with a similar name in the router, or play from a computer with another external IP.

Fr33Th1nk3r
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Fr33Th1nk3r » Tue 13 Sep 2016 20:08

MadMantiz wrote:Make sure you use a 32bit OS for your virtual machine. I think you should be able to get it to work with 64bit by fiddling a bit, but I just installed a 32 bit VM instead when I faced the same problem.

Edit: Just a note that if you get the server working, you will still not be able to connect to your own game if you play on a computer behind the same router (but other players will). In order for this to work, you also need to enable NAT Loopback or something with a similar name in the router, or play from a computer with another external IP.

Yeah I have NAT loopback enabled, I think its just because I'm running 64 bit OS. Will re-do everything in 32-bit and make an update.

MadMantiz
Master Sergeant

Postby MadMantiz » Tue 13 Sep 2016 20:43

Fr33Th1nk3r wrote:
MadMantiz wrote:Make sure you use a 32bit OS for your virtual machine. I think you should be able to get it to work with 64bit by fiddling a bit, but I just installed a 32 bit VM instead when I faced the same problem.

Yeah I have NAT loopback enabled, I think its just because I'm running 64 bit OS. Will re-do everything in 32-bit and make an update.

Sounds good. Best of luck :)

Fr33Th1nk3r
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Fr33Th1nk3r » Mon 19 Sep 2016 02:43

Now I'm having a connect to server problem. It connects, then says failed to connect to match making server -> Error during reading. End of file received. Whatever that means.