HE3 and HE5 vs troops in buildings. What is better? And why?

ural
Sergeant First-Class
Location: Nice room with a brilliant view of Uralmash smoking chimneys. (T-34, SU-100, SS-N-21 Sampson, etc)

HE3 and HE5 vs troops in buildings. What is better? And why?

Postby ural » Wed 7 Jan 2015 11:52

HE3(ASU-85) and HE5 (SU-122-54) vs troops in buildings. What is better and why?

Hello. I spent a lot of time, trying to figure out what is better - ASU-85 or SU-122-54. Now i know that ASU-85 is ultimate light direct fire support machine (in medium to heavy caliber class), with unbelievable economical efficiency both against infantry and light vehicles (Hello Mr. Bradley! Hello Mr. Marder! From Siberia with love!) :mrgreen:

It is nearly equal to BMP-685 (BMP-3 based light tank with 100mm gun and AP11) in AT role, and much better than it in AP role. It is much better than SU-122-54 in any role.

But there is last question. Combat efficiency against FORTIFIED infantry in buildings! And i have a lot of doubts in this case. I think that SU-122-54 must be much better (larger caliber - 122 vs 85mm, much bigger warhead, more HE - 5 vs 3). But i dont have ANY information on this part of Wargame mechanics.

So help me, please. :lol:

keebs63
Brigadier

Re: HE3 and HE5 vs troops in buildings. What is better? And

Postby keebs63 » Wed 7 Jan 2015 15:05

Is this a serious question?
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

CloakandDagger
Second-Lieutenant

Postby CloakandDagger » Wed 7 Jan 2015 20:57

keebs63 wrote:Is this a serious question?

Yes. RoF vs HE.

ural
Sergeant First-Class
Location: Nice room with a brilliant view of Uralmash smoking chimneys. (T-34, SU-100, SS-N-21 Sampson, etc)

Postby ural » Wed 7 Jan 2015 20:59

I think so... ;)
Attachments
wargame - test2.jpg
wargame - test2.jpg (55.46 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
wargame - test1.jpg
wargame - test1.jpg (55.08 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Wed 7 Jan 2015 21:36

CloakandDagger wrote:

Yes. RoF vs HE.

I asked that because the answer is very simple: RoF x HE = effectiveness or you could do RoF vs percentage of damage reduction for inf in buildings = effectiveness. Honestly, if you passed middle school math courses, you should be able to figure out these equations...
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

ural
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ural » Thu 8 Jan 2015 10:08

keebs63 wrote:
CloakandDagger wrote:

Yes. RoF vs HE.

I asked that because the answer is very simple: RoF x HE = effectiveness or you could do RoF vs percentage of damage reduction for inf in buildings = effectiveness. Honestly, if you passed middle school math courses, you should be able to figure out these equations...

You are brave man. Lol... :mrgreen:

ural
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ural » Mon 19 Jan 2015 08:55

Help! Help! Help! :mrgreen:

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 19 Jan 2015 08:58

i bet raven will come lol
Of Salt

Dennos
Sergeant Major

Postby Dennos » Mon 2 Feb 2015 22:09

keebs63 wrote:
CloakandDagger wrote:

Yes. RoF vs HE.

Buy a brain. OP guy does not know that inf in buildings gets a damage reduction in percents. I didn't know either before the latest patch. It might just as well be something like: Inf in buildings takes -3 HE damage. And in this case, Su-122 would be better with 5 HE.

Don't pretend that the answer to this problem is a priori clear.

Ghostweed
Warrant Officer

Postby Ghostweed » Mon 2 Feb 2015 23:03

keebs63 wrote:
CloakandDagger wrote:

Yes. RoF vs HE.

wow, u are such an arogant douche.. :roll:

OP stated "But i dont have ANY information on this part of Wargame mechanics" and u come here trying to be what? Learn to read, learn to think befor u post some crappy and elitist piece of ****. No wonder that many ppl complain about toxic community when ppl like u do this...

ural wrote:But there is last question. Combat efficiency against FORTIFIED infantry in buildings! And i have a lot of doubts in this case. I think that SU-122-54 must be much better (larger caliber - 122 vs 85mm, much bigger warhead, more HE - 5 vs 3). But i dont have ANY information on this part of Wargame mechanics.

caliber and warhead does not matter as they are abstracted by HE value. Also there is a 70% dmg reduction to fortified infantry in city and 40% in forest and hedgerows. The equation looks like HE x ROF x 0,7 (0,4) = dmg taken per minute. ;)

Return to “Tips & Tutorials”