NORAD Air tab

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

NORAD Air tab

Postby JohnDaBarr » Sat 20 Aug 2016 16:52

Whats good and whats bad? And whats is a trap?

When playing blue I end up playing NORAD quite often and can not help but have a full air tab that usually looks like this:
1 Raven, 2 F16 Block, 1 Deagle, 2 Napalm Phantom, 2 Thunderbolt

I tried the F18 and I am more satisfied with the Thunderbolt so probably I won't change that.
Not so sure with F16 Block because the F15c looks better even with the lover vet.
Deagle over Nighthawk is a tough one but I'll currently more satisfied with the Deagle.
Phantom did wonders for city/forest grinders and even has a decent survival rate, so can say I am happy with it.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.

Rabidnid
Lieutenant

Re: NORAD Air tab

Postby Rabidnid » Sat 20 Aug 2016 16:56

JohnDaBarr wrote:Whats good and whats bad? And whats is a trap?

When playing blue I end up playing NORAD quite often and can not help but have a full air tab that usually looks like this:

I tried the F18 and I am more satisfied with the Thunderbolt so probably I won't change that.
Not so sure with F16 Block because the F15c looks better even with the lover vet.
Deagle over Nighthawk is a tough one but I'll currently more satisfied with the Deagle.
Phantom did wonders for city/forest grinders and even has a decent survival rate, so can say I am happy with it.

Always be aware that the napalm bombers don't kill much. It will panic units and do damage, but so will a bomber. Check your replays to make sure you are getting the best use out of it.

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

Postby JohnDaBarr » Sat 20 Aug 2016 17:06

Rabidnid wrote:
JohnDaBarr wrote:Whats good and whats bad? And whats is a trap?

Always be aware that the napalm bombers don't kill much. It will panic units and do damage, but so will a bomber. Check your replays to make sure you are getting the best use out of it.

Well aware of that, still it appears at least to me that Phantom does better city cleaning duties than Aardvark.

It can stop/delay pushes and really soften defense.

Rabidnid
Lieutenant

Postby Rabidnid » Sat 20 Aug 2016 17:56

JohnDaBarr wrote:Well aware of that, still it appears at least to me that Phantom does better city cleaning duties than Aardvark.

It can stop/delay pushes and really soften defense.

Yeah, it's low accuracy makes it fairly ineffective. Have you tried the A-6A? They are much more accurate and can kill tanks. They are a mini version of the Su-24m.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sat 20 Aug 2016 18:13

Your air tab is fine. Maybe exchange the napalm bomber for the Nighthawk if you feel like it, just don't expect the napalm to kill much.

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

Postby JohnDaBarr » Sat 20 Aug 2016 20:26

Yeah, it's low accuracy makes it fairly ineffective. Have you tried the A-6A? They are much more accurate and can kill tanks. They are a mini version of the Su-24m.

Hmm I did not but will try it out, thx.

Your air tab is fine. Maybe exchange the napalm bomber for the Nighthawk if you feel like it, just don't expect the napalm to kill much.

heh, Deagle AND Nhawk... might as well try it out
Also Razz your older avatar was much better :D

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sat 20 Aug 2016 20:33

Well the Nighthawk can also deal with tanks very efficiently ;)
It is like a multirole bomber.

Malkiot
Private First-Class

Postby Malkiot » Mon 22 Aug 2016 08:09

Razzmann wrote:Well the Nighthawk can also deal with tanks very efficiently ;)
It is like a multirole bomber.

An Eagle and Nighthawk combo can serve to area remove super heavies if they're close enough together.

JohnDaBarr
Sergeant

Postby JohnDaBarr » Sat 27 Aug 2016 11:27

I tried comparing Deagle, Nhawk, Napalm Phantom and Intruder.

First two can in 2-3 runs easily kill their worth of points and survive while the Intruder has problems surviving his first encounter with manpads. So even with being half the price and having avail 3 it's probably not cost efficient as the first two.

Still quite impressed with the Napalm Phantom. Last night in a 10v10 game the damn thing survived almost the entire game while constantly stooping pushes. it barely killed anything but by simply adjusting his approach it would drop its payload right in the middle of the push basically splitting the force in half and sending the panicked forward elements right into the defensive line.

Conclusion:
Nhawk for small games and Napalm Phantom for large games. Intruder only in Air or Mar decks.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sat 27 Aug 2016 11:38

Yeah intruder is pretty bad imo.