Little Community Contest - New maps

molnibalage
General

Re: Little Community Contest - New maps

Postby molnibalage » Fri 13 Feb 2015 18:22

KittyKitsune wrote:Almost three mile island.

http://i.imgur.com/KJCPVAb.jpg

No buildings in any of the central points, northern spawn has a faster route, southern spawn has an easier attack vector.

The basic concept is not so bad but I strongly disagree with such small zones. From my aspect larger zones are especially important because of rain of cluster and very powerful arty and bombs. We need lots of options where you can move/hide your CV and in case a zone is bigger more and more parts of a map will be used. I will try to draw a map tomorrow with my aspect.

Cruswald
Corporal

Postby Cruswald » Fri 13 Feb 2015 19:05

No buildings in any of the central points, northern spawn has a faster route, southern spawn has an easier attack vector.

Nice idea and work !
If I may, some suggestions : I agree with Molnibabage, sectors should be bigger.
Additionally, I would push the left field to the left to include the 2 villages there and the same for the right field pushed to the right to includes the 2 villages. Afterwards, I would divide the central crossing in two bigger zones to include the cities there.
Finally, it would be fine tuning of the different sectors sizes and positions (espacially the starting sectors) in order to have equal distances to reach the 4 zones of contest.

I tought of some other maps that could be rotated in the same way : Plunjing Valley, Paddy Field, Hop and Glory, Tough jungle, (Cliff Hanger) and Korea Rocks. I will try to draw some proposals when I have time.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 13 Feb 2015 19:57

Wth with those mid map reinforcement point ? That's even more magical than tunnels ! And wtf with the one on Bravo, Alpha and the one near India ?

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Fri 13 Feb 2015 20:35

I think he was just showing where the crossings were, they aren't reinforcement points.

Lonfield
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Lonfield » Fri 13 Feb 2015 20:44

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:
Lonfield wrote:This contests is senseless, we need map from WALB and WEE, the rest is lost time. WRD maps are bad designed, with all those rivers

No, if you rotate some maps and make new sectors, there could be some really great maps. If you don't like it - igonore it ;) This is just an idea to get hopefully many more new maps. Eugen Systems aready told the community, that converting maps from Wargame:EE or Wargame:AB will be the same work as making new maps ...

Then WRD is gone. Just because of the hurry for them to get AoA
Bans Bans Bans and Lock Lock Lock!!
Screaming for a better game since 2012

Gunner
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gunner » Sat 14 Feb 2015 00:07

remove rivers and voila we have better maps again, a viable game, please give us maps without rivers!
"Semper Paratus"

Sweedish_Gunner
Brigadier

Postby Sweedish_Gunner » Sat 14 Feb 2015 04:24

Asia should just suffer a severe in-game drought.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 14 Feb 2015 05:58

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Asia should just suffer a severe in-game drought.

Jungles and Rain forests go through periods of drought though, low/dry rivers are a natural thing. Just reduce the amount of rivers per map and make some maps that don't have them.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Sat 14 Feb 2015 11:07

I agree that i don't like rivers and choke-points as well ... so again - Eugen Systems will maybe make 2 new maps, but every other new map will be only possible with existing terrains/maps.

So maybe think about rotating maps and make new sectors (maybe rivers are than in a not so important position ;) )

Lonfield
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Lonfield » Sat 14 Feb 2015 15:11

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:I agree that i don't like rivers and choke-points as well ... so again - Eugen Systems will maybe make 2 new maps, but every other new map will be only possible with existing terrains/maps.

So maybe think about rotating maps and make new sectors (maybe rivers are than in a not so important position ;) )

Can they remove cities and rivers?, if they can we can make something, in my opinion, if not, we can maybe make some effort and get some stuffs, but nothing like the old maps

By the way, that paralel 38 map is like the old Tree Milles map and that map was cool, so +1 to that idea
Bans Bans Bans and Lock Lock Lock!!
Screaming for a better game since 2012

Return to “Community Events & Tournaments”