AoA Unit List

Win-Turkey
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon 21 Jan 2013 15:57
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby Win-Turkey » Thu 14 May 2015 12:25

Minor factions that show up in certain missions, probably.

User avatar
BTR
General
Posts: 6298
Joined: Fri 9 Dec 2011 21:16
Location: Россия
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby BTR » Thu 14 May 2015 14:29

There is strong, and then there is T-55A Strong.
Image

Addy
Corporal
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu 14 May 2015 13:46
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby Addy » Thu 14 May 2015 14:49

We've already seen the T-80 in the pics fighting alongside the Abrams against the STGV-2000s (the vid in the background of 'Battle' feature in About the Game) so I think it would be reasonable to assume they're the MBT of choice for the Chimera (considering they're a UN force and already employ all sorts of designs from all over the world from the (V-280) Valors, through Patrias, to (Eurocopter) Tigers).

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15327
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 14 May 2015 15:12

Addy wrote:We've already seen the T-80 in the pics fighting alongside the Abrams against the STGV-2000s (the vid in the background of 'Battle' feature in About the Game) so I think it would be reasonable to assume they're the MBT of choice for the Chimera

You would be wrong then ...
As stated before, the main Chimera battle-horse is indeed Russian, but it is the BMP-T Terminator.

This list, although indeed from the game files, is like an archeological dig. If you could see the columns next it, you'll see that some are "deprecated", others have changed name, others are now completely different units.
i.e. there won't be any B-1R bomber. And PAPOP, the French future combi-weapon was replaced by the American XM-25 Punisher.

The W:AB Noob wrote:Tigre (Probably EC Tiger)

Of course, it is an EC Tigre.
Not a "Tiger", don't let yourself be bedeviled by Ze Germans and their weird spelling ...

The W:AB Noob wrote:MiB (Men in Black?)

Actually ... you are right. 8-)

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby Razzmann » Thu 14 May 2015 15:18

No no no... Tiger is right as it is :twisted:
But Chimera could need some more big cats like Leopard or Gepard ;)

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15327
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 14 May 2015 15:21

Razzmann wrote:But Chimera could need some more big cats like Leopard or Gepard ;)

Chimera is a strike force, not a bulldozer. We're leaving that to the Americans.
They don't have "big cats", only a medium one which can engage infantry, tanks, planes & choppers, intercept missiles, prepare coffee and bring back your loved one.

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby Razzmann » Thu 14 May 2015 15:23

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Razzmann wrote:But Chimera could need some more big cats like Leopard or Gepard ;)

Chimera is a strike force, not a bulldozer. We're leaving that to the Americans.
They don't have "big cats", only a medium one which can engage infantry, tanks, planes & choppers, intercept missiles, prepare coffee and bring back your loved one.

I know that Chimera is not the faction with big & heavy stuff... but I just love my Leopards (2) :cry:

Oh and I actually do not drink coffee :|

User avatar
T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue 27 Mar 2012 07:13
Location: Default city.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby T-80U » Thu 14 May 2015 15:26

And as i see in your banner, Madmat, Coalition-SV would be in two barrel variant?
Which was actually cancelled due to lack of wheeled chassis.

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15327
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 14 May 2015 15:27

T-80U wrote:And as i see in your banner, Madmat, Coalition-SV would be in two barrel variant?
Which was actually cancelled due to lack of wheeled chassis.

But which is much cooler, isn't it? 8-)

Addy
Corporal
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu 14 May 2015 13:46
Contact:

Re: AoA Unit List

Postby Addy » Thu 14 May 2015 15:30

[EUG]MadMat wrote:As stated before, the main Chimera battle-horse is indeed Russian, but it is the BMP-T Terminator.


So T-90, then? :lol:

Anyway, does this mean Chimera is inheriting the rather unique force structure of its US task force predecessor? Even if the BMPT could theoretically engage enemy MBTs, it's still an anti-infantry platform and an easy analogy is an up-gunned Bradley with the armor and speed of an MBT.

Also, why does US get A1s and not A2s?
Spoiler : :
I could never get myself to like those grenade launchers... :)

Return to “Act of Aggression”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests