Zoom

EARuinedC&C
Sergeant

Re: Zoom

Postby EARuinedC&C » Sat 16 May 2015 20:20

Random wrote:1. The game shoud look good.
2. It should be as easy to play as possible without losing depth of the gameplay, having too little micro or limiting how good the game looks.
3. The game should be enjoyable to play.

So basically your personal opinion of what feels and looks good. Yeah, I though so.

Random wrote:- easier overview allows competitive games to become more about strategies, builds, micro and macro, more about ouplaying your opponent, instead of out-APMing them, as less effort and apm needs to be put in keeping an overview of what`s happening in one area.
-it`s more convinient, for people for which this is not the case, they obviously can play at a lower zoom level aswell.
-it gives more of a choice at which heightlevel poeple want to play the game.
- the zoom ability has pretty much always been praised by players and gametesters, see even games which took it to the very extreme, sup com, ruse, WG
-I believe this would come to the best result regarding the startingpoints (=oppinion)

All of this is dismissed due to the Hitchens's fallacy (shall I give you a link to it?). I don't see any evidence for your assertions. Oh, and thank you for admitting this is nothing more than your opinion.

Random
Captain

Postby Random » Sat 16 May 2015 20:30

Those weren`t assertions, those were some argument and someoppinions. And the first part are just some general assumtions which I consider to be positives things in a game, feel free to disagree with any of them. The game shoud not look good, it should be as hard to play as possible without losing depth of the gameplay, having too little micro or limiting how good the game looks, the game should not be enjoyable to play. Those would be the opposing positions to those very simple statements and they are just ridiculous.

I am happy to discuss them with non-stupid people, with you I am now done for good.

EARuinedC&C
Sergeant

Postby EARuinedC&C » Sat 16 May 2015 20:42

Random wrote:Those weren`t assertions, those were some argument and someoppinions

Yeah, they were . I don't see your statistics for this one for example:
- the zoom ability has pretty much always been praised by players and gametesters, see even games which took it to the very extreme, sup com, ruse, WG

I dismiss all of this as you failed to provide the evidence.

Random wrote:The game shoud not look good, it should be as hard to play as possible without losing depth of the gameplay, having too little micro or limiting how good the game looks, the game should not be enjoyable to play. Those would be the opposing positions to those very simple statements and they are just ridiculous.

That failure to read properly of yours again. Quite pathetic really if you didn't get what I meant. Obviously I have no problem with the way the game looks or feels with the current camera, hence this is more of a personal opinion. Why even bring looks for example into this? Do you think the game looks bad because of the camera? Your opinion, your problem. And if you don't think the game looks bad due to the camera then why waste time?

The game should be enjoyable to play.

Are you implying the camera makes the game not enjoyable? Your opinion again, why should the rest of us care? And if you are not implying this, why waste our time with this? Same goes for the rest of it.

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major

Postby Pomegranate23 » Sat 16 May 2015 20:45

You're just embaressing yourself now...

arnoldsnijders
Corporal

Postby arnoldsnijders » Sat 16 May 2015 20:45

EARC&C, you could try to be less of a dick about it.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Sat 16 May 2015 20:52

Are you going to demand an inverted mouse cursor next?
Not all "challenges" are fun.

This camera is a frustrating step back for many people here, deal with it.

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sat 16 May 2015 20:55

Wargame has no bearing on the zoom in AoA, like some seem to suggest.

The way it significantly reduces the game's playability does have a huge beating on it. The maps aren't small, the game isn't a simplistic RTS which requires no micromanagement and both information-gathering and order-issuing requires a larger scale on-screen to reduce the overload and stress on the player so he can actually focus on playing the game.

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Sun 17 May 2015 01:40

I can't play the game without giving myself a headache because of the zoom level. I play on a 28" widescreen monitor and find it impossible to immerse myself in the game because of how limited the FOV is.

Toysoldier
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Toysoldier » Sun 17 May 2015 02:32

ch3cooh wrote:Are you going to demand an inverted mouse cursor next?
Not all "challenges" are fun.

This camera is a frustrating step back for many people here, deal with it.

It's just for many peoples here frustrating because it's a "wargame" forum. If you can't handle a good APM (action per minute) the "classic" RTS games isn't the right place for you!

Here is a perfect example of ACT OF AGGRESSION (Video). Watch his depot strategie and how he manage scouting, attacking and managing his base on "same" time.
Fast and dirty with twist, this is classic RTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLZscK5zHQ

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Sun 17 May 2015 02:43

Toysoldier wrote:It's just for many peoples here frustrating because it's a "wargame" forum. If you can't handle a good APM (action per minute) the "classic" RTS games isn't the right place for you!

Here is a perfect example of ACT OF AGGRESSION (Video). Watch his depot strategie and how he manage scouting, attacking and managing his base on "same" time.
Fast and dirty with twist, this is classic RTS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLZscK5zHQ

+1 His early game matches mine 1:1 but I usually go for the Hospital.

Return to “Act of Aggression”