Total system crash

Brutoni
Colonel

Total system crash

Postby Brutoni » Fri 15 May 2015 14:40

Just experienced a game crash. Totally locked out my system to the point I could not even take a screen shot. Just black screen. The only think I was able to do was Ctrl+alt+delete and system restart. Will see if I can pull the details from event manager for you.
ImageImage

C&CIsDead
Staff Sergeant

Re: Total system crash

Postby C&CIsDead » Fri 15 May 2015 14:57

Maybe this is a problem with your computer, maybe overheat?

Brutoni
Colonel

Postby Brutoni » Fri 15 May 2015 15:16

C&CIsDead wrote:Maybe this is a problem with your computer, maybe overheat?

I really dislike comments like this. To fill you in.

I am an Engineer by trade. I understand exactly how to keep electronics cool. Even more than that I understand how to manipulate the operating system to ensure that memory is not held in such a constrained cache for no reason. IN short my computer is a high spec computer able to run games like the latest Battlefields fluid at maximum visual settings. This game is not going to tax it like those do. Even if it did I run a somewhat high end cooling system with water cooling applied to most of my components and a customised fan system to ensure good airflow through the casing.... air flow I have measure.

I know my rig. I know what it can manage. I have alarms set up for temperature monitoring on the memory components, CPU, GPU and even general system temperature.

Anyway as I said I will post the dumps up later on. Currently busy with other things.

EDIT:
AOA appears not to have created a dump or error file. Looking through the system files now to see if it is a compatibility issue or an OS problem.
ImageImage

AwesomeLion
Sergeant

Postby AwesomeLion » Fri 15 May 2015 15:45

Brutoni wrote:
C&CIsDead wrote:Maybe this is a problem with your computer, maybe overheat?

I really dislike comments like this. To fill you in.

I am an Engineer by trade.

In all fairness, his/her response was a reasonable one as there was not a lot of information in your opening post and not everyone beta testing are Engineers so it would be hard for them to know without it being stated in the opening post.

A crash without a dump or logfile is a bit troubling. Did you check your event viewer? Not saying it is your computer, but it might be a good idea to exclude possible faultlines.

Lufkin
Corporal

Postby Lufkin » Fri 15 May 2015 15:51

Hello,

You may check if your dump is here:
(%your steam path%\SteamApps\common\Act of Agression) and have the .mdmp extension (exemple actofagression2_2040533_crash_2013_5_25T1_7_43C0.mdmp).
Cheers,
EugSupport

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Fri 15 May 2015 16:42

do you happen to use a workstation graphics card by any chance? I'm running into the same issue with my quadro

Return to “Act of Aggression”