1 marine at a time.

skypatrol
Private

1 marine at a time.

Postby skypatrol » Sat 16 May 2015 06:01

So whats up with the choice to only have 1 marine spawn after you build that unit it seems a bit like a starcraft copy to me. Im use to wargame where you can command companies and your trying to satisfy me with 10 guys hell no. Starcraft seems to small scale I like being able to command those companies of soldiers not just 10 guys.

Odysseus20
Private First-Class

Re: 1 marine at a time.

Postby Odysseus20 » Tue 19 May 2015 07:21

yeah i am really annoyed by this as well, to be honest this is just game breaking for me.
can't stand 1 soldier at a time, really wish the wargame system can be in here as well

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Tue 19 May 2015 12:50

This game is not Wargame, not a Wargame sequel, not meant to be anything like Wargame and that's good. People need to get this in their heads at some point.

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Tue 19 May 2015 13:12

People should finally stop wanting this game something it isnt supposed to be.

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 19 May 2015 13:15

C&C and CoH both have squads that allow you to have control over platoons. This is just a joke at this point.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Tue 19 May 2015 13:22

People should stop saying "this game isn't" Wargame" or "this suppose to be a classic RTS" every time someone makes a note or suggestion. This is getting effing annoying at this point.

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Tue 19 May 2015 13:30

Okay, it was a design choice and Eugen went for the 1 soldier model because it went better with theire game mechanics regarding anything from how arty works, to how snipers and other units react to infantry and how transport vehicles interact with them.

Suggestions and criticism is always usefull, but there is a difference between suggesting something because it would enhance the gameplay or game feel somehow or suggesting something "because game x did so".

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Tue 19 May 2015 13:38

QShadow wrote:Okay, it was a design choice and Eugen went for the 1 soldier model because it went better with theire game mechanics regarding anything from how arty works, to how snipers and other units react to infantry and how transport vehicles interact with them.

Well, I agree with it being Eugen's design choice.

QShadow wrote:Suggestions and criticism is always usefull, but there is a difference between suggesting something because it would enhance the gameplay or game feel somehow or suggesting something "because game x did so".

"because game x did so" - most popular justification for low zoom around this forum :P

keebs63
Brigadier

Postby keebs63 » Tue 19 May 2015 13:40

QShadow wrote:Okay, it was a design choice and Eugen went for the 1 soldier model because it went better with theire game mechanics regarding anything from how arty works, to how snipers and other units react to infantry and how transport vehicles interact with them.

Suggestions and criticism is always usefull, but there is a difference between suggesting something because it would enhance the gameplay or game feel somehow or suggesting something "because game x did so".

When "game x" is a very very good game that is much better and older than AoA, then you should really take some of the good mechanics from them. One of those is squad based infantry.
"arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarted" -Someone, somewhere in Wargame Chat 2015

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Tue 19 May 2015 13:45

REDDQ wrote:
QShadow wrote:Suggestions and criticism is always usefull, but there is a difference between suggesting something because it would enhance the gameplay or game feel somehow or suggesting something "because game x did so".

"because game x did so" - most popular justification for low zoom around this forum :P

^^

Even though I had no problem with the FOV in Act of Aggression I can see that others might have, then again even though many screenshots were presented with games usually having a higher zoomlevel then AoA, games like CoH feel like your camera is even more close to the action. There was this one RTS from SEGA which had a really close to ground zoom, what was it called again.... something Earth? UNIVERSE AT WAR, that was it! It had a camera so narrow you would think you are wathching the game through I micorscope.

Some sidetracking btt.

keebs63 wrote:

When "game x" is a very very good game that is much better and older than AoA, then you should really take some of the good mechanics from them. One of those is squad based infantry.

No.... No you shouldnt at least not necessarly, because what works for game X wont necessairly wortk for game Y
As said the whole current combat mechanic is set to work with 1 soldier. Squads of multiple soldiers would impact the
comabt mechanic so hard that they had to rework the whole goddam combat aspect of the game.

Return to “Act of Aggression”