Colonel

Spam of Aggression

Postby ch3cooh » Sat 16 May 2015 16:38

Maybe it will get better , but right now people just

-spam Nukes
-spam B2
-spam Abrams

all day long.

At this state it seems to be a simple Arms Race without much micro.

Opticalx
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Spam of Aggression

Postby Opticalx » Sat 16 May 2015 16:46

Very constructive.
Youtube - Opticalx

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Sat 16 May 2015 16:52

I do not have the solution, but it is an annoying fact right now, simply stating it.

TheMonkeysaur
Corporal

Postby TheMonkeysaur » Sat 16 May 2015 17:16

Needs pointing out.

This is a Beta feedback forum after all.

I agree with OP, although I do think that if the zoom were sorted out properly people would use the map a little more strategically.

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Sat 16 May 2015 17:22

Actually I spam refinerys, then I'm spamming Inf and either Humvees or Medevacs to transport them after I've finished harresing the enemy with my spammed survey teams, where I then continue to spam Guardians to have fast moving firepower.

Spam.

/sarcasm off

Yes the Abrams is a good vehicle and it gets quite powerfull with TUSK1+ since it can defend itself against helos, but I alredy had a game were an opponent nearly broke my neck because he suprised me with a stryker MGS assault to cripple my economy before I had my tankfacility built. The Arbrams rush can be fatal, if you are up against someone whoe figured how to counter it.

Especially since Javelins are quite tanky inside of buildings. But thats only one way to deal with them.
And I never had a game where my opponent lasted long enough to either come up with B2s or Nukes, but if, I'd had some Phalanx and Patriot guarding my base by then.
Last edited by QShadow on Sat 16 May 2015 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

killer00100
Master Sergeant

Postby killer00100 » Sat 16 May 2015 17:30

Well it's just that because
- Nuke build time is quite short compare to other games' super-weapons, start warning only it's ready to launch (not even have the countdown) and it has only one way to prevent this: Patriot Missile (which have radius of defense), which most people don't build it and it's too late to build it after hit by nuke (most buildings are gone and need lots of resource to rebuild which result in unable to build patriot to protect the base). Only way to stop without patriot missile is to destroy the silo which is quite impossible due to player who use nuke is likely to play turtle and have heavy defense at the base. So it's sure kill method.
- B2 bomber is one of the most powerful units in the games. It has stealth, which is hard to deal and can drop much of payloads to devastate the buildings in the area. Not only that, B2 bomber is also have high hp which make it quite tough. So this is also safe method to take out enemy's base.
- Abrams tanks is one of the toughest units in the game. I even nuke it with peacekeeper II (upgraded nuke) and the tank still live (with barely hp left). It's also deal high amount of damage per shot to the ground units and buildings. With it's toughness and destructive power, almost no way to stop it.

If these spam to be stopped than:
- Nuke should have higher build time and should warn other players when the silo is built, not when nuke is armed. Also, patriot missile should be cheaper, easier to build and have shorter time to reload (because one patriot missile can't cover 1 whole base while nuke can launch to anywhere).
- B2 bomber should be more fragile (it's bomber, not fighters ,so not need to be tough) and detection should be more accessible (from what I know, only scout heli and upgraded blazer are units that have stealth detection). Also, the fighter plane should be able to shot it when it's close enough (see through naked eyes).
- Abrams tank should have less hp. Upgraded or not, no units should be tougher than the buildings.

AwesomeLion
Sergeant

Postby AwesomeLion » Sat 16 May 2015 17:31

Not enough players to have any "clear-cut" strategies. Tank spam has always been a thing in RTS though so not surprising really. One strategy that has worked for me is infantry rush - marines with some javelin support, get them in strykers, hurry down to enemy and start seizing their on the edge refineries.

Most opponents are so focused on getting to the Abrams that they are never prepared for the infantry rush.

I think the more you play, the more strategies will become viable. The lack of big player base and other factions are going to make people go for the "go to tank rush" approach.

The nuke end game is a logical step really - it's the only end game option. TUSK-2 Abrams are mid to end game. There really isn't anything competing with the nukes. A possible fix would be to have a warning pop up whenever someone starts building a super weapon and also increase the build time greatly (5-10 times current build time even). This gives other players to start working on countermeasures.

Salsifi
Warrant Officer

Postby Salsifi » Sat 16 May 2015 17:31

ch3cooh wrote:Maybe it will get better , but right now people just

-spam Nukes
-spam B2
-spam Abrams

all day long.

Who makes this, and survives to do this, has never played an RTS seriously and should not even be here to test the beta of AoA... :roll:

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 16 May 2015 17:37

Salsifi wrote:
ch3cooh wrote:Maybe it will get better , but right now people just

-spam Nukes
-spam B2
-spam Abrams

all day long.

Who makes this, and survives to do this, has never played an RTS seriously and should not even be here to test the beta of AoA... :roll:

JV.com called, they want their constructive comment back.

Sunburn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sunburn » Sat 16 May 2015 17:41

Welcomes to the golden age of RTS! ... On the flip side makes you appreciate Wargame even more.

Return to “Act of Aggression”