Spam of Aggression

TwistedSoldier
Sergeant

Re: Spam of Aggression

Postby TwistedSoldier » Sat 16 May 2015 18:12

Sunburn wrote:Welcomes to the golden age of RTS! ... On the flip side makes you appreciate Wargame even more.

I would welcome tank spam over arty spam anyday :P (scudbug generals anyone ?)

bluuurrrr
Sergeant First-Class

Postby bluuurrrr » Sat 16 May 2015 18:20

Increasing unit speeds solves all of this. It opens up early game rushes and gets things moving quickly.

Trying to insulate people from rushes via game mechanics is often a detriment to RTS games.

Sunburn
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Sunburn » Sat 16 May 2015 19:04

TwistedSoldier wrote:I would welcome tank spam over arty spam anyday :P (scudbug generals anyone ?)

Although id like to agree with you, in Wargame the Spam is a one trick pony and can easily be countered. Leaving the spam(er) open for the rest of the game. Spam in AoA is all about the build order, once you have that nailed you can keep on spamming! This boils all the tactics away and makes for a boring game imho.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 16 May 2015 19:07

bluuurrrr wrote:Increasing unit speeds solves all of this. It opens up early game rushes and gets things moving quickly.

Trying to insulate people from rushes via game mechanics is often a detriment to RTS games.

More speedy units "solve" "spams" ? How so ?

TwistedSoldier
Sergeant

Postby TwistedSoldier » Sat 16 May 2015 19:23

Sunburn wrote:
TwistedSoldier wrote:I would welcome tank spam over arty spam anyday :P (scudbug generals anyone ?)

Although id like to agree with you, in Wargame the Spam is a one trick pony and can easily be countered. Leaving the spam(er) open for the rest of the game. Spam in AoA is all about the build order, once you have that nailed you can keep on spamming! This boils all the tactics away and makes for a boring game imho.

I can agree with you there to some extent, but with a good team and an arty spammer that knows what they are doing in wargame is pretty unstoppable in the early stages and a sound tactic, an annoying one but still plausible, eventually they will run out of resources.
Spamming any one unit is boring and mundane in any game and can/should be countered, just not right now as you guys are in beta and have just the one faction and again, as annoying as it is, is still a valid boring tactic if they are out just for the win but no fun to implement or defend. This is where rushing starts to be key, against players like that and both tactics, you will see aplenty in any rts game.

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Sat 16 May 2015 19:24

When I read this I think of my games in CoH: as soon as I have the building I can spam Shermans and M10 to survive, sometimes I can even survive to a near loss by spamming a max of M10 :lol: (true story, the ennemy was at near 30 meters of the base :lol: )

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Sat 16 May 2015 20:32

Mammoth Tank - 'nuff said! 8-)

... still this is not what can keep me playing these days.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Sat 16 May 2015 21:08

I totally aggree - spamming sadly rules the game (helis, tanks, planes ...)
Build fast and pick the right spam ... i really don't have an idea how to stop this with balancing :roll:

bluuurrrr
Sergeant First-Class

Postby bluuurrrr » Sat 16 May 2015 23:24

D-M wrote:
bluuurrrr wrote:Increasing unit speeds solves all of this. It opens up early game rushes and gets things moving quickly.

More speedy units "solve" "spams" ? How so ?

Well if you want to spam a t2 or t3 unit, your vulnerable to a t1 rush.
As the pace of the game is constructed now - it takes far too long to produce and move to stop someone from spamming the t2 and t3 units people complain about. Map size, unit speed, build times - all are playing against the player who wants to play aggressive early on to try and scout/prevent an opponent who wants to quick tech and spam t2/3.

I understand some of you are coming from almost turn based like RTS games that can't even be really called Real Time because they play slow as molasses... but this is RTS 101.

bikerushownz
Corporal

Postby bikerushownz » Sat 16 May 2015 23:32

LOL!

Return to “Act of Aggression”