Its the classical RTS triangle:

RUSH beats ECO
ECO beats TURTLE
TURTLE beats RUSH

Firestarter
Lieutenant

Re: Is rushing possible (ie. how fast)?

Postby Firestarter » Sun 17 May 2015 12:13

An early field hospital seems to work best for "rushing". I've had some games where I landed a Dustoff filled with marines and javelins right smack in the enemy base, captured their barracks and HQ and it was gg. However it is really easy to counter if you scout it early, as someone else mentioned, stingers as base defense will stop this easily.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 17 May 2015 12:22

Except if your oppent is smart and simply harrass the refinery, you can't cover that much terrain this early.

Legendary.
Corporal

Postby Legendary. » Sun 17 May 2015 12:27

I've tried very early humvee rush with rocket squads, and it can be very effective if used properly.

Scrooge
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Scrooge » Sun 17 May 2015 12:28

Just leaving this here:

[edit]: Btw he lost, he didnt surrender.
Last edited by Scrooge on Sun 17 May 2015 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
imminent
im•mi•nent (ˈɪm ə nənt) - adj. - likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Sun 17 May 2015 12:30

If you want to protect everything you will lose everything
-Sun Tzu (I think)

I usually have 2 surveyteams watching the perimeter of the enemy base if he hasnt any refineries outside of the close-tobase-area.
If I see Humvees, or something else, coming in my direction I react (with whatever I have at hand). Sometimes I loose a refinery in the process but the good thing is that he is bussy and in 90% of the times doesnt react if I park my surveys next to a refinery entrance.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Sun 17 May 2015 13:21

Right now Stryker MGS rush is the sealclubber #1 as it seems.

Legendary.
Corporal

Postby Legendary. » Sun 17 May 2015 13:23

well placed rocket squads can deal with and kind of rush. Same goes for static defences.

Forimar
Captain

Postby Forimar » Sun 17 May 2015 14:09

Legendary. wrote:well placed rocket squads can deal with and kind of rush. Same goes for static defences.

Nope, not all rushes. 4 mortar teams in a stryker plus a recon is cheap, hard to kill with anything but a gaurdian, can shoot from outside of LOS, and is done by 4 min and in the enemy base by 5. Mortars are incredibly effective against infantry and light vehicles and most importantly shred buildings in a few barrages.

Legendary.
Corporal

Postby Legendary. » Sun 17 May 2015 14:14

Forimar wrote:
Legendary. wrote:well placed rocket squads can deal with and kind of rush. Same goes for static defences.

Nope, not all rushes. 4 mortar teams in a stryker plus a recon is cheap, hard to kill with anything but a gaurdian, can shoot from outside of LOS, and is done by 4 min and in the enemy base by 5. Mortars are incredibly effective against infantry and light vehicles and most importantly shred buildings in a few barrages.

just keep a defensive humvee(with 2 marines and 2 missle squads) and you'll be just fine. They're dirt cheap, very mobile, and lethal with cannon upgrade.

I've encountered at least 10 different kinds of rushes, but none of them managed to break me hard enough to force me to submit defeat. On same token I've tried rushing a couple of times with greact success, so I can only conclude you have to understand how the game works if you want to be able to deal with early agression, or just learn how to scout properly

Return to “Act of Aggression”