Is rushing possible (ie. how fast)?

Forimar
Captain

Re: Is rushing possible (ie. how fast)?

Postby Forimar » Sun 17 May 2015 14:30

just keep a defensive humvee(with 2 marines and 2 missle squads) and you'll be just fine. They're dirt cheap, very mobile, and lethal with cannon upgrade.

I've encountered at least 10 different kinds of rushes, but none of them managed to break me hard enough to force me to submit defeat. On same token I've tried rushing a couple of times with greact success, so I can only conclude you have to understand how the game works if you want to be able to deal with early agression, or just learn how to scout properly

I've had people try to send infantry and light vehicle responses to counter the mortars, but inf is useless vs mortars that easily smipe them and the vehicles need to be constantly moving to avoid the barrages. It's very easy to sneak a single APC full of inf into the outskirts of someone's base since everywhere is expensive early game. From my 6 or so uses for this rush the only hard counter seems to be someone who was already going for a gaurdian rush in the first place.

integ3r
Lieutenant

Postby integ3r » Sun 17 May 2015 18:50

I've played a ton of matches now and the seal clubbing is brutal.

You can rush with the following tactics:
- Build an extra Recon team
- Send both your recons off to enemy base
- Kill enemy recon one at a time
- Kill oil tankers.

Game.

Or you can do this:
- Build 3 refineries, splitting your starting oil patch between them.
- Build up to light vehicle bay
- Send humvees with javelins and marines off to hunt enemy expansions or go into his main
- Find an exposed area and use marines to capture enemy HQ or enemy refinery and then sell the refinery.
- Repeat until enemy dead.

It's clear, the meta hasn't settled. Most people don't take to this stuff quickly. I personally didn't think about using 3x refineries to harvest on my starting patch of oil until today. That works well as an econ boom tactic while the 2x recon rush goes positive in almost every match I've played. Economy boom can be punished and it keeps the pace of the game high.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

Camasi
Private

Postby Camasi » Sun 17 May 2015 19:18

Wow I didn't even think of that either! I am going to have to try this out!

Legendary.
Corporal

Postby Legendary. » Sun 17 May 2015 19:19

Forimar wrote:
just keep a defensive humvee(with 2 marines and 2 missle squads) and you'll be just fine. They're dirt cheap, very mobile, and lethal with cannon upgrade.

I've encountered at least 10 different kinds of rushes, but none of them managed to break me hard enough to force me to submit defeat. On same token I've tried rushing a couple of times with greact success, so I can only conclude you have to understand how the game works if you want to be able to deal with early agression, or just learn how to scout properly

I've had people try to send infantry and light vehicle responses to counter the mortars, but inf is useless vs mortars that easily smipe them and the vehicles need to be constantly moving to avoid the barrages. It's very easy to sneak a single APC full of inf into the outskirts of someone's base since everywhere is expensive early game. From my 6 or so uses for this rush the only hard counter seems to be someone who was already going for a gaurdian rush in the first place.

That's why you use a humvee to close that distance.

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Sun 17 May 2015 20:01

I noticed helicopter rush can stop any infantry play.

arnoldsnijders
Corporal

Postby arnoldsnijders » Sun 17 May 2015 20:11

But in defcon 3 you don't have helicopters yet

torinus
Lieutenant

Postby torinus » Sun 17 May 2015 20:59

arnoldsnijders wrote:But in defcon 3 you don't have helicopters yet

It is super easy to get to defcon 2. Just one Guardian stops almost any rush and with a couple you can harass their base super easy. You can kill refineries before they can react.

Rush high level tech in general seems to be too easy. They need to slow down Defcon upgrade by at least 2x.
Last edited by torinus on Mon 18 May 2015 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Scrooge
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Scrooge » Sun 17 May 2015 21:25

torinus wrote:
arnoldsnijders wrote:But in defcon 3 you don't have helicopters yet

It is super easy to get to defcon 2. Just one Guardian stops almost any rush and with a couple you can harass their base super easy. You can kill refineries before they can react.

Rush high level tech in generals seems to be too easy. They need to slow down Defcon upgrade by at least 2x.

Just tell me how you manage to get a guardian out at min 5, when an inf rush hits you?
imminent
im•mi•nent (ˈɪm ə nənt) - adj. - likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.

Return to “Act of Aggression”